Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• Mine won't go out until the 29th...gotta wait for one last little piece :D
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Mine won't go out until the 29th...gotta wait for one last little piece :D
    :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    So i talked to my Secret Santa's and they gave me the ok to open my package early :-)

so here are some pix. . . I am super stoked as I don't have either of these and cant wait to enjoy them this weekend as we got our first snow fall. .. What better way to spend a day then rocking out to some Live RUSH and PJ Single Video Theory . . .

Thanks again Mark n Gail (Guitar59) and Dimi for putting all this together :-)

Jeremy

santagifts.jpg

and here is the nice card from them :-)

santacard.jpg
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    ^^^^ :clap::clap::clap::clap: Very cool!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • mahndog wrote:
    So i talked to my Secret Santa's and they gave me the ok to open my package early :-)

so here are some pix. . . I am super stoked as I don't have either of these and cant wait to enjoy them this weekend as we got our first snow fall. .. What better way to spend a day then rocking out to some Live RUSH and PJ Single Video Theory . . .

Thanks again Mark n Gail (Guitar59) and Dimi for putting all this together :-)

Jeremy

santagifts.jpg

and here is the nice card from them :-)

santacard.jpg
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Finishing up my package now. All that is left is to wrap it and send it. Probably won't get a chance to do that until Tuesday :-(
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • 8-)
  • mahndog wrote:

I love that you just couldn't wait to open it :) I believe in 10c Secret Santa! Thanks for bringing the magic back Dimitris (lil helper) :D
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Done & ready for shipping on Monday :D
    Better wrap it up today because I keep adding stuff to it :fp: ;)
  • It's been a very busy week, lots of company here for Thanksgiving. Thought I might have mine in the mail today but looks like it will be Monday.

It's such a hodge podge, I hope my SS will enjoy it!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • rafie wrote:
    Finishing up my package now. All that is left is to wrap it and send it. Probably won't get a chance to do that until Tuesday :-(
    still time!! :)
  • OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    I've just read about the first Secret Santa received: congrats!

Mine has been shipped already and it's on its way by now, let's hope it'll get to destination soon!

:wave:
  • Wohooo, christmas came early :thumbup:

We sent our packages last Monday, I hope they will arrive safely at their destinations ...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    Still waiting for mine to arrive. i had to order the person's online. hopefully it arrives Monday so i can mail it out early next week.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Sent mine today. I hope they like it.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Sent mine today. I hope they like it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Have just got back from overseas and going to send some goodies tomorrow! :D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I finally got to buy and make some of my secret santa pressie this weekend.
    I hope to post early this coming week, unfortunately we have had some pretty severe weather here in the last few days (http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/picture ... tures.html) so I might be delayed but it will be posted asap.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Got mine packed and ready to go, then saw that I'd left out the note explaining everything.
    :fp:
    Now it's really ready to go.
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I'm almost ready to send, just waiting on a bootleg to arrive.
    I win.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Sent mine out on Friday, hope the person likes it! Some-what random and silly things....but I have a feeling they'll like it.... :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Nearly all ready to send mine out. Should be this week!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Mailed my package this morning!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    What is the $$$ limit on packages being sent to the UK? $25?

I don't want to have my person pay taxes/tariffs/fees to get their pressie. I also don't like declaring what's in the package on the customs form...then my person knows what they got. :roll:

(I tried mailing it on Saturday, but they closed 5 minutes before I got there. :x )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

I don't want to have my person pay taxes/tariffs/fees to get their pressie. I also don't like declaring what's in the package on the customs form...then my person knows what they got. :roll:

(I tried mailing it on Saturday, but they closed 5 minutes before I got there. :x )
    write gift and 2$ value on the package
    how much is the shipping cost?
  • RKCNDY wrote:

Customs are kind of weird.

I think if you say that the package is a gift the giftee doesn't have to pay any fees. No real getting around declaring what's in the package. You can try to be euphemistic, I guess. :think:

I just assume the person is so excited to open the package that they don't stop to read the paperwork. :lol:

Also, if you pay for the postage on line, you can fill out and print the customs forms in advance. You need an accurate scale but it really does make things easier. Then you don't have to do much more than take it to the PO, get one of those clear envelopes for the paperwork, and hand it over.
    RKCNDY wrote:

for a gift it is £40 but I know they often query over £30 ($45 usd)

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... 4#P56_5044
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i was thinking this...it depence the sender too..if the package is from a company..lets say 10c LLC...i think they dont believe if it says gift on it...the will think it as a sale..so must check if its 15 pounds the limit??
    and Leanne..do they charge the shipping too?
    cos here in Greece the limit is more but they count the shipping in the total..
    dottles wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i was thinking this...it depence the sender too..if the package is from a company..lets say 10c LLC...i think they dont believe if it says gift on it...the will think it as a sale..so must check if its 15 pounds the limit??
    and Leanne..do they charge the shipping too?
    cos here in Greece the limit is more but they count the shipping in the total..

Yeah if it is from a company it is definitely eyed more suspiciously than from a person, and if it is coming from a company they may use the £15 import threshold.

If the package is from a personal sender and marked as a gift they do not include the shipping in the calculation.
    If it's a company or a gift valued higher than the treshold then they can use the following -
    the price paid for the goods, plus;
    any local sales taxes, plus;
    postage, packing and insurance.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    :D:D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com