Astorians with tickets

Comments

• NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Yowser...how many people are queuing? Or is it just you? ;)

Haha! There's around 25 people at the moment. Not alot and many of them don't even have tickets. But it's all good, we're having some good banter!
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    Word of warning to pre-empt the moans and compalints tomorrow

If the GAY night is on after, the gig will end at 10:30 regardless of whether YOU want them to play on for longer or not.

I saw Belle and Sebastian there in 2003 and they were almost dragged off mid song, it is that harsh and rigid. It was like, "Thank you and good night" and the house lights were up before the end of that snetence and we were ushered out. T-Shirt stand closed and lots of angry gay people giving us evils as we left the building.

I'll be in my Temple of the Dog T-Shirt.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2024/06/25 Co-op Live, Manchester, UK
  • Haha! There's around 25 people at the moment. Not alot and many of them don't even have tickets. But it's all good, we're having some good banter!

Sorry for the questions BUT my mates are heading down there this arvo to get us a spot in the queue and i didn't expect it to have started already!

Are those in the queue who have got tickets mostly people with upstairs or downstairs tickets?

Thanks for yr reply! :D
    Knocking you out like Rocky Balboa
    Drown you in a flood deeper than Noah...
  • CloudDog wrote:
    Word of warning to pre-empt the moans and compalints tomorrow

If the GAY night is on after, the gig will end at 10:30 regardless of whether YOU want them to play on for longer or not.

There will be a G-A-Y night on afterwards...there always is on a Thursday...so the show will be over by 10.30 if not before.

From the website...

THURSDAYS

Music Factory @ London Astoria, 157 Charing Cross Road, London WC2.

11pm - 4am
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Sorry for the questions BUT my mates are heading down there this arvo to get us a spot in the queue and i didn't expect it to have started already!

Are those in the queue who have got tickets mostly people with upstairs or downstairs tickets?

Thanks for yr reply! :D

Not sure to be honest... are there different tickets? I just thought if downstairs was full you'd have to go up.
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • smunachensmunachen Posts: 19
    Not sure to be honest... are there different tickets? I just thought if downstairs was full you'd have to go up.

I'm at work in the office right behind the astoria. If I bring you a few free beers out at 4.00 and 5.00 will you let me sneak in front of you in the line?
    Perth 95, Perth 98, Perth 03, Astoria 06, Reading 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Wembley 07

http://iminhiding.blogspot.com
  • Not sure to be honest... are there different tickets? I just thought if downstairs was full you'd have to go up.

Nah, there are two diff types of tickets. Usually people just go where they like but if it's a sold-out show, security monitor who goes upstairs and who goes downstairs so there's no overcrowding.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Haha! There's around 25 people at the moment. Not alot and many of them don't even have tickets. But it's all good, we're having some good banter!

See you there in about 2 hours dude!!!! Agggghghghghghghghg!!!!!!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    6 hours til PJ hit the stage....
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • smunachensmunachen Posts: 19
    The time seems to be going by so damn slow....... I wish we could just fast forward
    Perth 95, Perth 98, Perth 03, Astoria 06, Reading 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Wembley 07

http://iminhiding.blogspot.com
  • harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    i still have to finish work then ctach the bus and tube
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
    I'm getting to the astoria at 5.30ish. Apparently can't pick up the 10c tickets til doors open at 6.30. But I doubt they'd wait that late for 50 people to queue and get tickets. Might as well ask as soon as we arrive.
    I hope I can use the guest pass to get to standing. I REALLY don't want seating at this show. :(
    Paul
    foo fighters astoria was pick up only for all 1200 or so tix they sold

was a nightmare lining up to get to the box office
    then line up again for the venue
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
    Aye I got tickets for foos at astoria. Went to london, picked up tickets, went to Reading and sent up camp, went back to London to see foos (arrived just after support left the stage).
    Was totally exhausted by the end of it. Left home at midday, and didn't really have time to relax til we got back to Reading at 1am. Didn't have to queue at either end, popped in and out for the tickets and got in easy even if we were an hour or so late. The standing was so packed though, it's probably going to be the same tonight if they aren't strict over the upstairs/downstairs thing.

But it was dead easy to get a good place in the crowd. I was dead pleased.

The thing with the foo gig was that EVERYONE had to pick up tickets from the Box Office, by MF rules. PJ tonight only 50 pairs of 10c people have to, by 10c rules. Plus 10c are notoriously edgy about giving away tickets early because of touting. But 5.30 seems a sensible time to pick up tickets, it is only an hour before doors open.
    Paul
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    38 more minutes of work...

and then it's off to the Royal George!

looking forward to seeing you all at the Astoria!

Anyone know if the box office is accessible yet? My g/f is working in Windsor until about 4 and won't be here until 6 at the earliest... I hope I we won't have to queue for yonks! But I doubt they'll give me her ticket as well... Or maybe they will. It's the 10C ones, dunno if they're different somehow.

I'm nervous!

:D
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
    im thinking foos delibaretly undersold the show

because it was way more packed for raconteurs
    The box office itself is usually open for general business til about 6ish. Then is closed for an hour or so before doors open in preparation for the gig. But can queue up and access the BO for the gig that night when doors open.
    The 10c ticket emails say to pick up the tickets when doors open at 6.30. Not sure what the rules are if you arranged through TM to pick tickets up at the BO.
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    The box office itself is usually open for general business til about 6ish. Then is closed for an hour or so before doors open in preparation for the gig. But can queue up and access the BO for the gig that night when doors open.
    The 10c ticket emails say to pick up the tickets when doors open at 6.30. Not sure what the rules are if you arranged through TM to pick tickets up at the BO.

Yeah. I guess I'll just queue up at the BO at about 1800 orso then. I'm hoping that we won't have to queue again for the venue with 10C tickets, cos if I'd wanted to do that, I would have been there already if you see what I mean :)

See you there!

I'm wearing blue jeans, blue jumper and a white PJ top :D
    harper11 wrote:
    im thinking foos delibaretly undersold the show

because it was way more packed for raconteurs
    When we got to the astoria we literally had to squeeze through the crowd as soon as we got down the stairs. I've never seen it that busy before. Never ever seen people forced to stand behind the sounddesk where the view is virtually nil.
    But I wasn't at the raconteurs...

The thing is the astoria sell tickets for upstairs and downstairs. When it isn't regulated most people just head downstairs, especially when it's a big band who don't play small venues. I've never seen Astoria sell tickets which are actually marked upstairs and downstairs though so maybe tonight's gig will be tight on security to stop overcrowding downstairs.
    Paul
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Yeah. I guess I'll just queue up at the BO at about 1800 orso then. I'm hoping that we won't have to queue again for the venue with 10C tickets, cos if I'd wanted to do that, I would have been there already if you see what I mean :)
    Well they are 'guest passes' so maybe we're allowed to jump the queue? Seems a bit means to make us queue for passes then queue for the venue. But then again if the passes are for seating they have no reason to let us jump the queue, not like we'll get special seats. I'm REALLY hope passes can be used for standing too though :( Hope it's a cool laminate or something instead of a normal ticket too!

You can tell I'm getting overexcited... Posting on speed and rambling way too much. :o
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    Well they are 'guest passes' so maybe we're allowed to jump the queue? Seems a bit means to make us queue for passes then queue for the venue. But then again if the passes are for seating they have no reason to let us jump the queue, not like we'll get special seats. I'm REALLY hope passes can be used for standing too though :( Hope it's a cool laminate or something instead of a normal ticket too!

You can tell I'm getting overexcited... Posting on speed and rambling way too much. :o

yeah and ed will be manning the booth handing out fan club tix sealed with a kiss
    fowls wrote:

Hehehe, I was hoping for a laminate too!

I was really disappointed to be on the balcony too at first. But in a way it's nice to have a perfect view of the band all the time. At gigs I'm usually at the front and actually miss stuff cos of that. Might be a completely new experience!

Going downstairs AFTER the boxoffice opens at 1830 and we've collected the passes would be hard anyway, might end up being at the back :(

So I think I'll stick with balcony regardless :D
    harper11 wrote:
    yeah and ed will be manning the booth handing out fan club tix sealed with a kiss

I expect nothing less.

;)
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Going downstairs AFTER the boxoffice opens at 1830 and we've collected the passes would be hard anyway, might end up being at the back :(
    Not really. As I said for foos I arrived an hour late but managed to get to the side before the band started and when the crowd got started I easily bounced into the centre for the perfect view. I am 6' though.

I don't think it'll be that hard to get a good place. Sure it won't be the first 3 rows or so but I want to move! As the band aren't on til 8 I don't think everyone will turn up dead on 6.30 anyway. Plus with people going to and forth to the bar it'll be easy to move around.

My mum wants to get seating anyhow, so she's gonna save me a space when I go to standing. If I can't get in I'll just join her on the balcony.
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    Not really. As I said for foos I arrived an hour late but managed to get to the side before the band started and when the crowd got started I easily bounced into the centre for the perfect view. I am 6' though.

I don't think it'll be that hard to get a good place. Sure it won't be the first 3 rows or so but I want to move! As the band aren't on til 8 I don't think everyone will turn up dead on 6.30 anyway. Plus with people going to and forth to the bar it'll be easy to move around.

My mum wants to get seating anyhow, so she's gonna save me a space when I go to standing. If I can't get in I'll just join her on the balcony.

I see!

I am 5'7 and a girl so when I bounce it's usually out of view ;)
    I feel like I need to get the train to London now!!!!! :( Just an hour longer before we leave...
    Paul
    I'm in London already... At work.

2 more minutes and I'm on my way to the Royal George!

See you later guys!

Hope everyone gets in :)
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    'World Wide Suicide'
    'Life Wasted'
    'Severed Hand'
    'Unemployable'
    'Gone'
    'Even Flow'
    'Sad'
    'I Am Mine'
    'Insignificance'
    'Army Reserve'
    'Present Tense'
    'Better Man'
    'Marker In The Sand'
    'Do The Evolution'
    'Why Go'
    'Man Of The Hour'
    'Given To Fly'
    'Small Town'
    'Porch'
    'Comatose'
    'Leavin' Here'
    'Yellow Ledbetter'
    'Alive'

:)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    'World Wide Suicide'
    'Life Wasted'
    'Severed Hand'
    'Unemployable'
    'Gone'
    'Even Flow'
    'Sad'
    'I Am Mine'
    'Insignificance'
    'Army Reserve'
    'Present Tense'
    'Better Man'
    'Marker In The Sand'
    'Do The Evolution'
    'Why Go'
    'Man Of The Hour'
    'Given To Fly'
    'Small Town'
    'Porch'
    'Comatose'
    'Leavin' Here'
    'Yellow Ledbetter'
    'Alive'

:)

Nice one Keith!! How dya manage that??
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    hey byrnzie!!!!!!
    keith
    bad head this morning
    probably drank too much
    was pretty fucked after the show, getting too old for this shit...........
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....