Astorians with tickets

Comments

• This sounds silly... But who did i actually meet yesterday? People were saying "Are you Ellie?" and then telling me their names but not their user names...? The only people who's names i remember are the Scots and Byrnzie!
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    This sounds silly... But who did i actually meet yesterday? People were saying "Are you Ellie?" and then telling me their names but not their user names...? The only people who's names i remember are the Scots and Byrnzie!

You met Don - aka dbk. Remember he dragged me over to your table in The George?? : )
  • Yeah i remember him, i just didn't know his user name... I actually only met you from a distance! haha. I was just looking through the blog and there's a few people i recognise. Hmm. Hello to the people i met anyway. Give me a wave. :p
  • niknik Posts: 262
    Yeah i remember him, i just didn't know his user name... I actually only met you from a distance! haha. I was just looking through the blog and there's a few people i recognise. Hmm. Hello to the people i met anyway. Give me a wave. :p
    I came and chatted to you in the queue to get in...I was all in black and the shortest person around had my daughter with me...did you camera back
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
  • nik wrote:
    I came and chatted to you in the queue to get in...I was all in black and the shortest person around had my daughter with me...did you camera back
    Yayyyyyyyyyy of course i remember you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were our queue buddies! I just couldn't remember your user name, i didn't realise it actually was Nik!!!!!!! Haha. I did indeed get my camera back. Did you go upstairs? Was the view good? We sneaked downstairs!!!! tut tut.
  • niknik Posts: 262
    I ended up in the center of the balcony right up front with a great view, got to see the whole floor bouncing and swaying and some scottish arse.......
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
  • Aww i totally missed the Scottish bum. I wish i'd seen that. Were you standing next to Foull's mum?! We tried to make her wave but totally missed it. I guess we were too busy jumping around.
    Does anyone know who the guy that was wearing the green shirt with the long brown curly hair tied back was? He told me his user name. Anyway - who ever you were - you seemed really nice :-)
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    ouch!!!!!!!
    still hurting being 5 8" and 9 stone and being in a mosh with massive hairy man will take its toll not mention my increasing years...
    so im going to try and sum up the day for me in this list sorry if i forget anyone!!!
    1)meeting up in george was cool!! specially to byrnzie, keith, an american guy called nick i think and his friend, nothingman and friend, a shaven head aussie sorry man forget ya name mate-let me know who you are!! obviously the crazy scots, given2fly-respect for your walkabout , i think getting pissed b4 the show may have been a mistake???
    2)forget her name but whoever held up the queue for us right at front-thank you!!!
    3)my mate carl(cjc) brought wrong size t-shirt said i would get him it swapped, took one or two wrong turnings, dont know where i ended up but a eastern european security guard suggested i should turn around, being slightly worse for where we i decided we should talk about it!!!!
    4)whole set rocked, little more would have been nice, but i was gone at that time anyhow, present tense, porch, why go, do the evo in particular
    5)anyone 4 or 5 rows back in middle, you probably held me up a few times, cheers
    6)made ellie and byrnzie speak to each other without a mention of sweatbands-united nations beckon!!
    7)was that kelly jones at the george after???
    8)left pretty early after as previously mentioned like byrnzie im getting tooo old for this.....
    9)byrnzie i will see you in about a week for morrissey, im off now to watch spurs beat arsenal then onto see the kaiserchiefs

again thanks
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • Byrnzie - who is the girl in the blue Ramones t-shirt in your pictures?

She stood behind me for the whole show and I meant to get her contact details, but completely forgot at the end of the night?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    nik wrote:
    I ended up in the center of the balcony right up front with a great view, got to see the whole floor bouncing and swaying and some scottish arse.......
    Ahh... that scottish arse!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    anyone else sore?

i'm covered in bruises and my ribs hurt... all my arms are aching :confused:

anyone else?

also i posted this but just in case people on here miss it
    V.Short Astoria clips on BBC

This is for guys with Sky/freeview i presume

If you press the red button and then go to the 1001 Video Menu page... once it loads move to the Entertainment section and there it is.. its playing on a loop so keep peeled for it and its on after Pete D'oh-erty crap!!!

There is some proper footage and some interviews with people in the queue... Severed Hand and Unemployable clips.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    thanks dunkman , i'll have to run to a friends to see it.

yes me too lots of bruises and legs hurt from standing soooooooo long , but worth all the pain :D:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    The Cayzer wrote:
    Byrnzie - who is the girl in the blue Ramones t-shirt in your pictures?

She stood behind me for the whole show and I meant to get her contact details, but completely forgot at the end of the night?

She's the lovely 'Blue Rain'. I think her real names Laura.
    dbk wrote:
    ouch!!!!!!!
    still hurting being 5 8" and 9 stone and being in a mosh with massive hairy man will take its toll not mention my increasing years...
    so im going to try and sum up the day for me in this list sorry if i forget anyone!!!
    1)meeting up in george was cool!! specially to byrnzie, keith, an american guy called nick i think and his friend, nothingman and friend, a shaven head aussie sorry man forget ya name mate-let me know who you are!! obviously the crazy scots, given2fly-respect for your walkabout , i think getting pissed b4 the show may have been a mistake???
    2)forget her name but whoever held up the queue for us right at front-thank you!!!
    3)my mate carl(cjc) brought wrong size t-shirt said i would get him it swapped, took one or two wrong turnings, dont know where i ended up but a eastern european security guard suggested i should turn around, being slightly worse for where we i decided we should talk about it!!!!
    4)whole set rocked, little more would have been nice, but i was gone at that time anyhow, present tense, porch, why go, do the evo in particular
    5)anyone 4 or 5 rows back in middle, you probably held me up a few times, cheers
    6)made ellie and byrnzie speak to each other without a mention of sweatbands-united nations beckon!!
    7)was that kelly jones at the george after???
    8)left pretty early after as previously mentioned like byrnzie im getting tooo old for this.....
    9)byrnzie i will see you in about a week for morrissey, im off now to watch spurs beat arsenal then onto see the kaiserchiefs

again thanks

Go on the Yids!!
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    thanks for the disc, Byrnzie!

pm me your address so I can send you the Red Rocks show :)
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    anyone else sore?

anyone else?

Yep - have a few war wounds!!! ;)

Is there a link to the BBC clips?
    anyone else sore?

anyone else?

This is for guys with Sky/freeview i presume

If you press the red button and then go to the 1001 Video Menu page... once it loads move to the Entertainment section and there it is.. its playing on a loop so keep peeled for it and its on after Pete D'oh-erty crap!!!

There is some proper footage and some interviews with people in the queue... Severed Hand and Unemployable clips.

My neck still hurts after I gave Chime a lift on my shoulders, which didn't quite work out. Anyone willing to give me a massage?? Go on, you know you wanna!!

This Sky T.V footage....can anyone tape it and post it on here?? Is that possible? Anyway, I'm hogging the board again, so I'm gonna go and make some toast. I expect the board to be FLOODED with offers of massages when I get back.
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Are you gonna be at Reading Foxymop???? (Sorry, I've forgotten your real name - my heads a bit fuzzy today for some strange reason : )

It's Claire (actually prefer foxymop tho - might change it by deed poll!!!!)

Not going to Reading, going to Leeds! I take it your going to Reading?! Can't wait!!!

I wish they'd hurry up and announce the fecking tour though! If there's a Newcastle date (Yeah right!!!) everyone is welcome to come and crash at mine! There's also talks of a Pearl Jam bbq in the summer around tour time, and all the guys and gals I met are invited!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    The Cayzer wrote:
    Byrnzie - who is the girl in the blue Ramones t-shirt in your pictures?

you are my hero! i feel i got to know you quite well down the front there!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
    foxymop79 wrote:
    It's Claire (actually prefer foxymop tho - might change it by deed poll!!!!)

Not going to Reading, going to Leeds! I take it your going to Reading?! Can't wait!!!

I wish they'd hurry up and announce the fecking tour though! If there's a Newcastle date (Yeah right!!!) everyone is welcome to come and crash at mine! There's also talks of a Pearl Jam bbq in the summer around tour time, and all the guys and gals I met are invited!

Sounds good. I've not been that far north before. A barbecue in Newcastle...pictures of chip butties on the barbie come to mind...he he. Just seen this on Myspace - "Eddie Vedder does a little interview in Rolling Stone Magazine this month. The mag gave the new album 4 stars and calls it Pearl Jam best album in 10 years. Vedder seems to have mellowed out a bit in the article".
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/laws/sets/72057594112024270/

here are some of mine - but no show pictures.. more of the people i met. im just about to go and get my show pictures developed..

was great to meet all of you lovely people. i fear i may have elbowed helen a few times. sorry love!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
    blue_rain wrote:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/laws/sets/72057594112024270/

here are some of mine - but no show pictures.. more of the people i met. im just about to go and get my show pictures developed..

was great to meet all of you lovely people. i fear i may have elbowed helen a few times. sorry love!

Blue Rain...It's just occured to me who you reminded me of....just a little bit...same smile...Diane Keaton (Annie Hall). That's a compliment. Trust me : )
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sounds good. I've not been that far north before. A barbecue in Newcastle...pictures of chip butties on the barbie come to mind...he he. quote]

Never tried that before - might be an idea!!!!! I thought corned beef pasties and sausage rolls from Greggs would be more apt though!!! Oh no sorry, I don't have a 1 year old bairn to feed them too so that won't work!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sounds good. I've not been that far north before. A barbecue in Newcastle...pictures of chip butties on the barbie come to mind...he he. quote]

Never tried that before - might be an idea!!!!! I thought corned beef pasties and sausage rolls from Greggs would be more apt though!!! Oh no sorry, I don't have a 1 year old bairn to feed them too so that won't work!!!

Start getting those bottles of Newckie Brown in now!!
  • Hey ya'll!

FUCKING GREAT NIGHT!!! that was!!! :D:D:D:D The moshpit was INSANE! All bruised and acheing up here in Norway aswell ;) It was fun meeting you crazy fucks at the Royal George pre-party. THe entire evening was perfect, and to end up with Mr. MIKE McCREADY's guitar pick!!! HELL, I don't think a night as special as that will EVER happen again....

Here's a funny little story for you guys! (It was NOT all that funny for me, but here goes)

During Porch I HAD to leave the moshpit 'cuz it was to damn crazy in there... I took place a few meters behind the worst of it, got me a really nice spot where I could watch the rest of the show in relative "peace and quiet"... All of a sudden I smell sumthin', sumthin' familliar. The guy standing behind me lights up a big fat one. (I'm sure some of you noticed) That's fine with me. Didn't bother me at all. Evening ends with an TOTALY MIND BLOWING preformance of ALIVE then we head over to the after-party. Grab a few drinks, talk with some of you guys and generaly had an AWESOME time. Evening ends and we get back to the hotel, go to sleep, wake up next morning and go to the airport. SOOOOOO excited about yesterdays events. Everything is cool. Plane is on time, a smooth flight from London to Norway. At the airport in Norway I head on over to the tax-free shop to get me something to drink before getting in the car with my friends. Still everything is cool! BUT,

as I walk through customs a guy with a narc dog gets a sniff of yesterdays events, at least SOME of yesterdays events :( THE FAWKIN DAWG!!! I get towed into a small booth, asked to empty my pockets. I'm like, THANK GOD all I have to do is empty my pockets! BUT, correct! emptying my pocket IS NOT ALL! NoooOOOOOO, I HAD TO STRIP NAKED! AND AS IF THAT WASN*T ENOUGH!!!! He all of a sudden reaches for *ta ta ta TAAAAAAAAA*. THE GLOWE!!!!! :(:(:( I TOTALLY FREAKED out!!! You know what I said to the guy??? I just belted it out,

"Dude, are you REALLY going up there?? I'm pretty ****cough**cough**** full if you know what I'm saying..... How about I just go to the shitter???" He looked at me for a moment, asked me a few questions about this and that, then told me he "appreciated" me being so "honest" about it/stuff.... Then THANK GOD!!! HE TOOK THE DAMN GLOW OF, without doing THE FULL SEARCH! :D:D MAN WAS I HAPPY HE DECIDED NOT TO STICK IT TO ME! That HAS TO BE THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!!

And just to make the situation complete! As I was towed by customs I heard my friends laugh and saying, "hehe, did you see that!!!?? They took Stian, the DAWG sniffed him out...." GOD I FELT ALONE!! AND RAPED!!!! A WORTHY ENDING TO AN AMAZING TRIP HUH?? :D:D:D Moral of the story kids is, DO NOT SMOKE POT AT A PEARL JAM SHOW WHEN THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU HAS " AMENt TO THAT" WRITTEN IN BIG LETTERS ON THE BACK OF HIS SHIRT! I DO NOT WANT A REPRISE OF THAT SHIT :D:D

Alright, you guys, until we meet again, take care! WAS AWESOME meeting you!

AMENt TO THAT

PS: Sorry about the LOOOOOONG post :(
    Check it...PEARL JAM frontman Eddie Vedder was a guest on "The BJ Shea Morning Experience" on the Seattle station 99.9 KISW on Friday, April 14. Listen to the one-hour show online at this location (Windows Media).

http://gundam100.liquidviewer.net/kisw-od/interviews/041406_eddievedder/041406_eddievedder.asx

Actually, It's a long piece, this radio clip. Ed comes on at 31 minutes into it.
  • SatchellSatchell Posts: 149
    Hey ya'll!

FUCKING GREAT NIGHT!!! that was!!! :D:D:D:D The moshpit was INSANE! All bruised and acheing up here in Norway aswell ;) It was fun meeting you crazy fucks at the Royal George pre-party. THe entire evening was perfect, and to end up with Mr. MIKE McCREADY's guitar pick!!! HELL, I don't think a night as special as that will EVER happen again....

Here's a funny little story for you guys! (It was NOT all that funny for me, but here goes)

During Porch I HAD to leave the moshpit 'cuz it was to damn crazy in there... I took place a few meters behind the worst of it, got me a really nice spot where I could watch the rest of the show in relative "peace and quiet"... All of a sudden I smell sumthin', sumthin' familliar. The guy standing behind me lights up a big fat one. (I'm sure some of you noticed) That's fine with me. Didn't bother me at all. Evening ends with an TOTALY MIND BLOWING preformance of ALIVE then we head over to the after-party. Grab a few drinks, talk with some of you guys and generaly had an AWESOME time. Evening ends and we get back to the hotel, go to sleep, wake up next morning and go to the airport. SOOOOOO excited about yesterdays events. Everything is cool. Plane is on time, a smooth flight from London to Norway. At the airport in Norway I head on over to the tax-free shop to get me something to drink before getting in the car with my friends. Still everything is cool! BUT,

as I walk through customs a guy with a narc dog gets a sniff of yesterdays events, at least SOME of yesterdays events :( THE FAWKIN DAWG!!! I get towed into a small booth, asked to empty my pockets. I'm like, THANK GOD all I have to do is empty my pockets! BUT, correct! emptying my pocket IS NOT ALL! NoooOOOOOO, I HAD TO STRIP NAKED! AND AS IF THAT WASN*T ENOUGH!!!! He all of a sudden reaches for *ta ta ta TAAAAAAAAA*. THE GLOWE!!!!! :(:(:( I TOTALLY FREAKED out!!! You know what I said to the guy??? I just belted it out,

"Dude, are you REALLY going up there?? I'm pretty ****cough**cough**** full if you know what I'm saying..... How about I just go to the shitter???" He looked at me for a moment, asked me a few questions about this and that, then told me he "appreciated" me being so "honest" about it/stuff.... Then THANK GOD!!! HE TOOK THE DAMN GLOW OF, without doing THE FULL SEARCH! :D:D MAN WAS I HAPPY HE DECIDED NOT TO STICK IT TO ME! That HAS TO BE THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!!

And just to make the situation complete! As I was towed by customs I heard my friends laugh and saying, "hehe, did you see that!!!?? They took Stian, the DAWG sniffed him out...." GOD I FELT ALONE!! AND RAPED!!!! A WORTHY ENDING TO AN AMAZING TRIP HUH?? :D:D:D Moral of the story kids is, DO NOT SMOKE POT AT A PEARL JAM SHOW WHEN THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU HAS " AMENt TO THAT" WRITTEN IN BIG LETTERS ON THE BACK OF HIS SHIRT! I DO NOT WANT A REPRISE OF THAT SHIT :D:D

Alright, you guys, until we meet again, take care! WAS AWESOME meeting you!

AMENt TO THAT

PS: Sorry about the LOOOOOONG post :(

wow baaaad trip at the airport !!!!

Happy to hear about you man !!! it's been cool to have this speach with you before the show !!

see ya !!
    Satchell
  • tcarr11tcarr11 Posts: 33
    anyone else sore?

anyone else?

YES!!!! My feet have bruises from everyone jumping on them!!! Well worth it.....
    LA - 98 (2), 2000, 2009 (4)
    Bridge School - 99, 2001, 2003
    San Bernadino - 2000
    RAC - 2002
    ATP - 2002 "speed thrash ukulele"
    Astoria!!!, London - 2006
    Perth, Australia - 2009
  • Satchell wrote:
    wow baaaad trip at the airport !!!!

Happy to hear about you man !!! it's been cool to have this speach with you before the show !!

see ya !!
    Satchell

Hi! Did you have a safe trip home? It was really cool talking with you and your friend! The Astoria was the best thing EVER!

Say hi to your friend from me!

AMENt

(Next time we meet they better sell posters :D )
    I'm in agony, and I was just standing at the back! My legs and back are knacking! Totally worth it though!

Byrnzie - Newkie Broon it is ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)