Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Ok this is quite important, everyone who is going to attempt to take a digital camera, post now!
    I really don't know whether to bother taking mine or not....?
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    foxymop79 wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Na - think he's finally accepted that the first man in my life is, always has been (well since I was 13) and always will be Eddie!

lol mines the same , he's gotton use to it. but i started when i was 22 :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • shootenany!shootenany! Posts: 122
    Ok this is quite important, everyone who is going to attempt to take a digital camera, post now!
    I really don't know whether to bother taking mine or not....?

I'm taking mine. It's not that small though, I'm trying to work out where to hide the damn thing.
    Just a thought...surely digital cameras are better for the band that disposables, since with digital ones the flash can be turned off? *scratches chin*
  • I will be coming along to the george for a vodka tomorrow. I owe letmedrown & UK dave a drink unless both are planning to queue early. i am not much for queuing and to be honest will probably be very nervous. I ahve been to quite a few PJ gigs but this one has my expectations and excitement running mountain high, I may need to sit before the gig. I am also a lazy heffer. I will be the fat 30ish girl with bunches. still deciding on whether my chest is big enough to hide a camera? I think it might be!
    Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I will be
  • Well the reason i keep asking is because basically here is the deal:
    1) I have my digital camera which takes the clearest pictures but is also the biggest camera (even though its not massive)
    2) I have my phone camera which i will take in regardless, which takes alright photos but they will be unclear and blurry
    3) I have a disposable camera which i know will take shit photos but if they don't let us take anything else in then i'd rather have shit photos than no photos....
    Therefore i'd have three cameras on my persona. Which i don't particularly want to carry around / have taken away from me....
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    If anyone wants to, they can insert their camera into my ass and i'll bend over, lift the kilt and use my sphincter to take pictures.
  • seeing as there is apparently a cloakroom maybe bring all three but if you don't get the digital one through then make sure you have a bag you can put into the cloakroom with it in. Can't guarantee any of this but am hoping there will be a cloakroom so I can buy a poster and keep it safe. There is a rumour on 'is anyone bringing a poster tube' thread. maybe one of them can advise?
    Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I will be
    I'll have a poster tube guys! I think ScotinAmsterdam will too.
  • shootenany!shootenany! Posts: 122
    I wouldn't risk a mega-expensive camera, mine's just cheap tat. It depends how adventurous you're feeling. I've never been to the Astoria before, I dunno how strict the security is.
    Went to Download festival last year, security guard confiscated my torch, as it was a "potential weapon" and I might have been carrying drugs in the battery bit. Hope the Astoria folks are friendlier than that guy, he was a right arse. Then again, he missed the flask of JD me and my friends were smuggling in and out all weekend :)
    Anyways, I dunno about the choice of camera.

I'm off to pack my bag and go to bed. SEE Y'ALL TOMORROW! This time tomorrow it'll all be over.
  • they ALWAYS search now at the astoria. however, i wouldn't have thought bringing a standard digital camera would be a problem anyway as a lot of people have phones with cameras on them. granted, they're not great quality, but they're capable. i think most of the time venues only have a problem if you're bringing professional cameras (removable lens cameras, SLRs, anything with above the standard 3x optical zoom) but a compact digital or disposable if sometimes ok.
    best thing to do is to give the venue a call tomorrow.
  • Hmmmmmmmmm What to dooo. I think what i might do, is take all 3 (like a loser) and stick my phone camera down my trousers or something, keep the other 2 in my bag and if they try to confiscate, i've still smuggled one camera in.
    god we are soooo naughty.
    I never do understand why they don't like us taking photos. I can see the flash would be annoying, but they don't realise that having photos is like a life long memory for us. For them it's just one night of many, for us it's something we will remember for ever, it's nice to have something to look at to remember it by.
  • harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    well itook my camera to foo fighters and raconteurs at astoria with no problem
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
  • jmanjman Posts: 29
    Ahhh m'gonna get my mates from our company to try and sneak in a couple of panavision cameras, a sound boom, and maybe a crane for those high shots... of course all of this will fit down my MC Hammer trousers; SO 1991 baby...
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
  • Well guys, i'm off to bed. Never gonna sleep though!!!!!!
    See you all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo fucking excited, i'm gonna cry and feel sooooooooo happy and i just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wheeeeeeeeee!
  • gregmac666gregmac666 Posts: 123
    God damn!... I duck out for a few days over the bank holiday & this thread has hit 188 pages!

Can't be arsed to trawl through it. All I can say is... SEE YA IN DA PUB!
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
    I really doubt that anything other than the tickets will suffice mate. The only option you have is to see if they can deliver tomorrow sometime that still allows you time to get to London!
  • gregmac666gregmac666 Posts: 123
    I have in the past, arranged to pick up the ticket on the door (have my name on a list) when SeeTickets failed to get me a ticket in time. Perhaps Ticketmaster can do the same.

You should get a reference number from them & take ID to the venue so that you can get in.

Call 'em & get them to do whatever it takes.
    Good luck!
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    jman wrote:
    Ahhh m'gonna get my mates from our company to try and sneak in a couple of panavision cameras, a sound boom, and maybe a crane for those high shots... of course all of this will fit down my MC Hammer trousers; SO 1991 baby...

I'm gonna take in my camera circa 1900, which involves placing my head into a box on stilts, and then pulling a silk curtain over my head, before pulling on a chain to get the flash to go - an exploding light bulb. The only problem is getting everyone to stand dead still for 5 minutes to stop any blurring of the picture. I'm sure I'll get it in o.k if I say that it's my orgone accumulator....right?
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its finally the day. at last.

didn't sleep the best, but adrenaline is here, its a Worldwide Suiciiiiiiddddddeeeeeeeeeeee.

Thats me away for the train from up here in the grey and cloudy North East down to the Smoke. Bring on the Astoria and the best gig I will ever go to in my life!!!!!

:-)
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I feel a bit sick today....all down to too much excitement! :D Still not sure what to wear...bandwagon t-shirt or my obviously fake alive t-shirt which is 10x more comfy than the bandwagon one. What do I wear???!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    wash_ wrote:
    I feel a bit sick today....all down to too much excitement! :D Still not sure what to wear...bandwagon t-shirt or my obviously fake alive t-shirt which is 10x more comfy than the bandwagon one. What do I wear???!!

its hard to imagine ...... what the right thing to wear is.

don't know whether to roll with the 10club shirt or just a plain black shirt.
    such decisions.

oh and i feel a bit sick as well as tired from lack of sleep. energy drinks and chocolate to stock back up on the energy as will need every ounce in the astoria in 12 hours time!!!!

wwwoooooooohhhhhooooooooooooooo

things were different then, always different then, i tried to explain..... somehowwwwwwww
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
    Right I'm leaving the promised land (Scotland).

See all you diddys in the pub!!!!

Mon the Pearl Jam.
    i gonna do a last minuet run to London without a ticket !!

which pub are u lot gonna be in /????
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See y'all tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    V V wrote:

What time are you going up there?
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    V V wrote:

We're gonna be in 'The Royal George' just by the Astoria.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    We're gonna be in 'The Royal George' just by the Astoria.

super duper thank you :) , i'll be there !!
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Morning all!!! Everyone excited??? :P
  • PaulDPaulD Posts: 6
    Keithos wrote:
    Morning all!!! Everyone excited??? :P

Just a bit! 7 hours untill I can leave work...

I can't decide whether to listen to PJ at work today or not. Overkill, or just getting in the mood?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Morning everyone! Today is the day - whoopie! Hope those that have gone for a drink last night had a good time but have their heads clear for today. Wouldn't want a massive headache for later on! See you all soon.