Astorians with tickets

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    shmike wrote:
    2 more hours work .... just ....keep.....it......together......a ..........bit.................lon...g....e....r.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggg!!!

yeah.... i'm fuckin off at 4pm... been bored and restless today!!! cant wait to leave and go and sort out my bag for tomorrow morning :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • yeah.... i'm fuckin off at 4pm... been bored and restless today!!! cant wait to leave and go and sort out my bag for tomorrow morning :)

Ahh look forward. I just packed mine and its a wonderrrfull feeling, Packing for my PJ devirginization!1 sigh, i waited for this like, 14 years or smt. I still can't believe ill be in london tomorrow!!
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick.
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Ahh look forward. I just packed mine and its a wonderrrfull feeling, Packing for my PJ devirginization!1 sigh, i waited for this like, 14 years or smt. I still can't believe ill be in london tomorrow!!
    14 years me too ...... its fate man....waiting for THIS ONE
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • shmike wrote:
    14 years me too ...... its fate man....waiting for THIS ONE

IT must be fate. Must be why i missed them in 96, and the dark cloud over maing them cancel werchter '00. This will be the BEST place EVER for a first PJ concert!

Philip K. Dick.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Check it out...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=100&ObjectID=10377779

Have a look at the date on the page of this article...it's strange to think that in New Zealand it's now Thursday 20th April - The day that we're going to see PJ at the Astoria!!
  • Byrnzie wrote:

Thanks for posting that, tho i dont have time to finish reading it. I gotta start making my way to London! I'm ready to hear some of ed storytelling allright! So, See some of you guys tomorrow! I'll be coming alone, and to the royal george, hope people dont mind me coming without contributing much to the thread, tho i guess it'll be fine.. soho here i come! :D

Philip K. Dick.
    Keithos wrote:
    1 hour to pub time :D

I'm stuck here in the office counting the seconds until 8pm. Will pop in for a few at about 8:20. I'm so glad I managed to book tomorrow and Friday off. I can recharge my batteries tomorrow before the gig now.
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm stuck here in the office counting the seconds until 8pm. Will pop in for a few at about 8:20. I'm so glad I managed to book tomorrow and Friday off. I can recharge my batteries tomorrow before the gig now.

I have an early start tomorrow... but f#ck it!!! :P
  • 10mins then home to pack ma bags for 2morro

magic
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Just got home from work (it's the holidays - damn those year 11'a and their need for revision!!!) and a parcel from the states was waiting for me with my blue, white and red wristbands and a surprise from my boyfriend - a homemade "Hard to Imagine" t-shirt! How class is he?!?!? Shame he can't go -bastards at Orange wouldn't give him time off!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • hey hey! i'm going to the gig tomorrow. i won't believe it until i'm inside the astoria though. i've only just checked out this thread, dunno if i'll be able to read through all 185 pages of it though!!
    are you guys all meeting up before/after the concert? (i'm not trying to worm my way in as i don't know anyone here)
    Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
    I wanna be sedated
    Nothing to do
    Nowhere to go
    I wanna be sedated
    Just get me to the airport (bus -stop)
    And put me on a plane (bus)
    Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
    I can’t control my fingers
    I can’t control my brain
    Oh no oh no
    Just put me in a wheelchair
    And get me to the show
    Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco
    I can’t control my fingers
    I can’t control my toes
    Oh no oh no

Where these lyrics written with the Astoria gig in mind?!??!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    hey hey! i'm going to the gig tomorrow. i won't believe it until i'm inside the astoria though. i've only just checked out this thread, dunno if i'll be able to read through all 185 pages of it though!!
    are you guys all meeting up before/after the concert? (i'm not trying to worm my way in as i don't know anyone here)

Everyone is welcome to the meet-up tomorrow... The Royal George from 2pm!
    hey hey! i'm going to the gig tomorrow. i won't believe it until i'm inside the astoria though. i've only just checked out this thread, dunno if i'll be able to read through all 185 pages of it though!!

Check out the first page of this thread - all the details are on there!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Just got home from work (it's the holidays - damn those year 11'a and their need for revision!!!) and a parcel from the states was waiting for me with my blue, white and red wristbands and a surprise from my boyfriend - a homemade "Hard to Imagine" t-shirt! How class is he?!?!? Shame he can't go -bastards at Orange wouldn't give him time off!

What are these wristbands all about? That boat left me on the island. What are they??????
  • kristmacekristmace Posts: 215
    I'll see everyone there. I'm off to catch the train.

I still can't believe that this is happening. 6 years I've waited to see PJ again. I never thought I'd see them in such a small place either. AHHHHHHHHH
    2000: Manchester | 2006: Astoria, Dublin, Leeds | 2007: Wembley, Nijmegen | 2008: New York 1 & 2 | 2009: Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London | 2010: Hyde Park | 2012: Manchester 1 & 2, EV London 1 & 2 | 2014: Stockholm, Leeds, Milton Keynes | 2017: EV Dublin | 2018: London 2 | 2019: EV London | 2022: London 1& 2 | 2024: Manchester

Byrnzie wrote:
    What are these wristbands all about? That boat left me on the island. What are they??????

It was mentioned earlier in the thread about getting sweatbands like the ones eddie and the guys wear in a lot of their dvds (how sad are we?!) Blue white and red stripe. I managed to get one off ebay with the help of dunkman!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread about getting sweatbands like the ones eddie and the guys wear in a lot of their dvds (how sad are we?!) Blue white and red stripe. I managed to get one off ebay with the help of dunkman!!!!

Ahhh hahhhh!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Ahhh hahhhh!

Indeed - I have a spare head sweat band if you want it (couldn't buy the wristbands without it!!! Dodgy to say the least!!! Quite retro !!!!) Ahem ...
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Indeed - I have a spare head sweat band if you want it (couldn't buy the wristbands without it!!! Dodgy to say the least!!! Quite retro !!!!) Ahem ...

Shiiit man...a head sweat band on me would look soooo bad I'd deserve to be arrested for embarrasing the human race. I remember wearing those wrist sweat bands as a kid in the 70's - old man - when John Macenroe (Is that how you spell it?) was all the rage. NEVER AGAIN!! AGGGGHHHHHH!!!! (The wrist bands are probably pretty o.k. But the head band is a NO NO). Thanks anyway : )
    I might lie to my sisiter and tell her it's really cool and everyone will be wearing them - and get her to wear it! Just to laugh at her!

Thing is - she'd probably look cool in it! I wasn't born til '79 - so to me it's retro!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Byrnzie wrote:
    (The wrist bands are probably pretty o.k. But the head band is a NO NO). Thanks anyway : )

Nope - they're not - but fuck it! If they are good enough for Eddie - they're good enough for us, the humble devotees!!!!! :-)

I think head sweat bands could be the new fashion thing (if people were paid enough!!!!)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SEE YOU ALL TOMORROWWWWWWWW!!!!!
    Bad news: My sweat bands didn't arrive in time, I'm really angry, i ordered them over a week ago. Bastards. Still, i'm sure you'll all know me from my pic.
    Man i'm fucking excited!!!!!!!!
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I might lie to my sisiter and tell her it's really cool and everyone will be wearing them - and get her to wear it! Just to laugh at her!

Thing is - she'd probably look cool in it! I wasn't born til '79 - so to me it's retro!!!!

One thing that I do wish I'd kept from my childhood is...you ever seen them patches for elbows and knees which were sown on trousers and jackets when they started to fray? They were a big thing. I had loads of em. One in particular was classic - a picture of a hand giving the 'thumbs up' sign, and the words 'Nice one Cyril' above it and 'Nice one son' below. Brilliant! if I had one now I'd sow it to my forehead.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SEE YOU ALL TOMORROWWWWWWWW!!!!!
    Bad news: My sweat bands didn't arrive in time, I'm really angry, i ordered them over a week ago. Bastards. Still, i'm sure you'll all know me from my pic.
    Man i'm fucking excited!!!!!!!!

Where did you order them from? I ordered mine after you, I'm sure. I emailed him and asked him to post them asap - and he did, from the states!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Byrnzie wrote:
    One thing that I do wish I'd kept from my childhood is...you ever seen them patches for elbows and knees which were sown on trousers and jackets when they started to fray? They were a big thing. I had loads of em. One in particular was classic - a picture of a hand giving the 'thumbs up' sign, and the words 'Nice one Cyril' above it and 'Nice one son' below. Brilliant! if I had one now I'd sow it to my forhead.

That would be fucking class - the only sew on patchs I had was a Bros one on my jeans when I was about 6!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• foxymop79 wrote:
    Where did you order them from? I ordered mine after you, I'm sure. I emailed him and asked him to post them asap - and he did, from the states!
    No i got mine off a random website, ebay didn't have any. It says on their website it should take a week at max and i gave them longer than that. I guess with the bank holiday they screwed up.
    I dunno whether to hang around here tonight and see if they come tomorrow and then drive like a maniac to catch the train tomorrow morning or whether to drive up to Bath tonight (where im meant to be staying) and just get the train tomorrow, as i had planned to do. Hmmmm. I'm so pissed off about it.
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
    No i got mine off a random website, ebay didn't have any. It says on their website it should take a week at max and i gave them longer than that. I guess with the bank holiday they screwed up.
    I dunno whether to hang around here tonight and see if they come tomorrow and then drive like a maniac to catch the train tomorrow morning or whether to drive up to Bath tonight (where im meant to be staying) and just get the train tomorrow, as i had planned to do. Hmmmm. I'm so pissed off about it.

Thats a bummer, the bloke I got them off on ebay had shit loads - only cost me £3 or something as well!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)