Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Good morning people..... I believe it's only 2 days t go......

I've notbeen on all weekend cos I went all rural(sans powerbook) in the homeland for the weekend.

What mindless... red wine inspired.... 5, 4 and 3 day to go adrehnaline fuelled drivel did I miss??? ... and has UKDave got a ticket?
  • jimmy pjimmy p Posts: 71
    Why I still keep calling See I don't know.

"ANY PEARL JAM TIX?!?!!?"

"umm no. been sold out since day 1."

"okay okay, so there's not one over there? ....on the desk over there? pinned on the notice board?"

"lol no."

:(
  • jmanjman Posts: 29
    On behalf of Heinken Helen and myself:

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Our tickets finally arrived! She just texted me and yes, they're real, REAL! In two days, my childhood dream shall be fulfulled. Okay, TEENhood dream.

Well, I gotta work a late shift a Borders yet again today, so I will give the Astoria a mighty big arse hug when I go by.

I love you all! Thank you Pearl Jam!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
  • jmanjman Posts: 29
    I found the following info on Astoria on Ticketmaster:

No under 14s.

Under 16s must be with someone over 18.

Over 18s only for club nights (GAY night, after Pearl Jam)

I am over 16, 17 in September to be exact, and I'm with someone over 18. So I should be fine.

I looked at the info for the Seether gig at the Astoria, and it was exactly the same as above. Brisk and I will be okay I reckon. :D

Dude, I been going to over 18s gigs at the Astoria since I was about 12, so don't worry about it.

See you there.
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
  • shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    good morning fellow blessed homo sapiens..
    what a beautiful day it is...to know..that ur whole life....will be defined...in the next 50 hours or so...

hail hail.

:D
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    jman wrote:
    Dude, I been going to over 18s gigs at the Astoria since I was about 12, so don't worry about it.

See you there.

I'm taking my 16 year old sister - it's a 14 age restriction but if you are 16 or under you need id and must be with an adult!

2 days to go - my God!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Good morning guys.
    Well i woke up with a blinding pain down the right side of my face yesterday. The light was hurting my eyes, my stomach was killing me....so seeing as it's THE gig on thursday i was a little worried!

went to the doctor, she told me i have a viral infection and that i need to rest for a few days! REST??? FEW DAYS??? obviously i felt like telling her she was insane but i figured if i mentioned Thursday she'd tell me not to go. So anywhoo, i'm sat here with the worst stomach pain imaginable, all i can drink is frickin' water. If this thing hasn't gone by Thursday i'm gonna be kickin' someone's ass!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• DennisDennis Posts: 27
    Who has received the ticket form wolrdticketservice yet?
  • Good morning guys.
    Well i woke up with a blinding pain down the right side of my face yesterday. The light was hurting my eyes, my stomach was killing me....so seeing as it's THE gig on thursday i was a little worried!

went to the doctor, she told me i have a viral infection and that i need to rest for a few days! REST??? FEW DAYS??? obviously i felt like telling her she was insane but i figured if i mentioned Thursday she'd tell me not to go. So anywhoo, i'm sat here with the worst stomach pain imaginable, all i can drink is frickin' water. If this thing hasn't gone by Thursday i'm gonna be kickin' someone's ass!

I've had a ridiculous throat infection and migranes for the past few days, but NOTHING is gonna stop me going on thursday.... may havr to join ya for some ass kicking!
    Good morning guys.

What is it with these mysterious ailments appearing just before the gig of our lives? I'm still deaf (fingers crossed the magic nurse will fix that today) and you have a viral infection! Do you think God is a PJ fan and couldn't get tix so is making us suffer?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

I've had a ridiculous throat infection and migranes for the past few days, but NOTHING is gonna stop me going on thursday.... may havr to join ya for some ass kicking!

sounds good, didn't wanna be alone! My mission is clear....i'll be going to the show, even if i'm in a coma.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

foxymop79 wrote:
    What is it with these mysterious ailments appearing just before the gig of our lives? I'm still deaf (fingers crossed the magic nurse will fix that today) and you have a viral infection! Do you think God is a PJ fan and couldn't get tix so is making us suffer?

didn't think about it like that! God is supposed to be a pretty cool dude, so he's most likely a fan.
    Has your deafness cleared at all over the last couple of days? It's not exactly the best illness to have if you're going to listen to music for 2 hrs!

And is there anything in this world that can settle my stomach down? the pain is so frustrating!!!! I'm drinking plenty of water, eating plenty of fibre but it still hurts!

• foxymop79 wrote:

God's probably punishing us since we all think Ed is Jesus...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Good morning guys.

oh my god that sucks!!!

hope you get better , you gota fight through it!
    didn't think about it like that! God is supposed to be a pretty cool dude, so he's most likely a fan.
    Has your deafness cleared at all over the last couple of days? It's not exactly the best illness to have if you're going to listen to music for 2 hrs!

And is there anything in this world that can settle my stomach down? the pain is so frustrating!!!! I'm drinking plenty of water, eating plenty of fibre but it still hurts!

Well if God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient then he must realise that PJ are the best! Either that or he is threatened by Eddie Vedder and doesn't want people worshipping idols!!!!!
    No my deafness is still as prominant as it was at the weekend - I phoned the docs this morning to ask if they could tell the doc/nurse to get the syringeing kit sorted for me and they couldn't do anything because the computers were down (pen and paper?!?!?) so gonna have to ring again in a minute! Have you tried that minging white stuff that grannies used to give you for bad tummies when you were little - Christ whats it called? Milk of Magnesia?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

God's probably punishing us since we all think Ed is Jesus...

Damn - you got in there first!

I'm an RE teacher and I have a poster of Eddie next to my board with the title God above it!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Just looked up Milk of Maggie online - does settle stomachs - but also gives you the shits so might want to avoid that!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Just looked up Milk of Maggie online - does settle stomachs - but also gives you the shits so might want to avoid that!!!!!

eeek no!! I think i'll pass on that, but thanks for looking it up!
    I just had some Rice Krispies and it seems to have done the trick for now. I desperately hope the pain has gone by Thursday, otherwise there'll be no jumping up and down for me!

So the doctors can't help you at the moment because computers are down? Did they learn to write when they were younger? A pen can be a wonderful thing.

• Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    Morning!

I've joined the sick bay with a flare-up of sinusitis.... Ruined my Easter weekend but I don't care cos it's getting better now!

First thing I said was "OMG I hope I'm better by Thursday". People looked at me strangely. Ah well!

Working till 1500 on Thursday, so should be at the George by 1520 :D
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    UKDave wrote:
    Is it red wine all round in the queue then...? ;)

I'll bring a bottle of white as red gives me a bad hangover and I'm working Friday. Sainsbury's are doing bottles of £8 chardonnay for £4. Just bought one. Sorted!!
  • niknik Posts: 262
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Morning!

I've joined the sick bay with a flare-up of sinusitis.... Ruined my Easter weekend but I don't care cos it's getting better now!

First thing I said was "OMG I hope I'm better by Thursday". People looked at me strangely. Ah well!

Working till 1500 on Thursday, so should be at the George by 1520 :D

Can add me to the sick list as well.....got a really shitty cold and hardly any voice.....but nothing will stop me from being there Thurs
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
    Just got a phonecall from the receptionist at my docs - the nurse has squeezed me in at 2pm for my ears!!!! This is the first time in my life they have ever come through for me!!!!!!! Roll on Thursday!!!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Howdy ho! Feel like im visiting a hospital with all u sick people! :D Nothing wrong with me...expect my dog stinks and he won't move out of my room!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • foxymop79 wrote:
    Damn - you got in there first!

I'm an RE teacher and I have a poster of Eddie next to my board with the title God above it!
    LMAO... thats a classic
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    So far I've managed to avoid any illnesses... I think this is due to the fact that my body has been surgically cleansed by immense alcohol consumption over the weekend! I hope all you poorly ones make a swift recovery before Thursday!
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    JUST ONE MINUTE!!!! can someone please tell me what this is???? are pj playing the Astoria or something or is this all for the festival dates(of which I have only just learnt of, wont be going to no festival tho)........WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?????
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    elmer wrote:
    JUST ONE MINUTE!!!! can someone please tell me what this is???? are pj playing the Astoria or something or is this all for the festival dates(of which I have only just learnt of, wont be going to no festival tho)........WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?????

This is the Astoria crew matey. Those with tickets. I'll be going to Reading aswell though on the Sunday.
    elmer wrote:

Where have you been for the past 3 weeks?!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I've been ill last few days... chest infection and stuff..

keep coughing today but i'm at work and feel better except for the constant bark...

not even malaria would stop me on thursday though.... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.