Astorians with tickets

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    May not be to everyone's taste but I absolutely love Euphoria Morning!

Me too :D:)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    UKDave wrote:
    Afternoon everyone ;)

Listened to the boot twice over last night :D:D

HH: what is the Tool album like? been tempted to try that one...

re Audioslave: hope they aren't splitting up :( but does it really scupper the TotD thing? could still happen :rolleyes: :cool:

re Reading tickets: not seen mine yet either...
    hi dave

hope your well mate!

not got my reading tickets yet either.

shame about audioslave, but not overly sad about it though, it's only audioslave :)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    redrock wrote:
    I'm afraid that it has surplanted the Avocado on the listening front this week-end! Now I can get back to even-stevens between the two!

Let them get their new album out (June I think) and then I'll be quite happy having Cornell on this own. May not be to everyone's taste but I absolutely love Euphoria Morning!

I loved Euphoria Morning too! :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    Ever the optomist :D

Yeah... and I hereby predict Leash for Dublin ;)

Just to piss all the Americans off :cool:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is anyone gonna download the Grand Rapids show? I've got Albany, Toronto 1, and Chicago 1. Dunkman, Dave, Redrock, and Stoney I'll post you that package from the windy city sometime this week.

sure thing buddy

i'll type in scots dialect in case the eyes are watching :rolleyes:

i coodnae mind if its Turronto twae yer eftur or if its Turronto yin that ye want.. noo i see ye huv Turronto yin. so i guess i huv tae post ye Turronto twae in the next cupple o' days

catch any of that ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is anyone gonna download the Grand Rapids show? I've got Albany, Toronto 1, and Chicago 1. Dunkman, Dave, Redrock, and Stoney I'll post you that package from the windy city sometime this week.

Erm, did I miss something? Am I supposed to be sending you something?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chime wrote:
    Me too :D:)

Me three!!! :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:

HH: what is the Tool album like? been tempted to try that one...

i listened to 6 songs of theirs on some webspace one night to confirm my earlier beliefs that they are indeed "pish"... and i was right

pretentious muso widdling arty bollocks... all atmosphere and no substance

i've only ever bought Kerrang once and it was for the PJ Astoria review but inside it they said that Toll were Prog-Metal... :eek:

that description alone means i will never buy a single product of theirs :cool:

buy the fucking Raconteurs instead Dave... its quite literally melts the soles of your socks its that good... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    sure thing buddy

i'll type in scots dialect in case the eyes are watching :rolleyes:

i coodnae mind if its Turronto twae yer eftur or if its Turronto yin that ye want.. noo i see ye huv Turronto yin. so i guess i huv tae post ye Turronto twae in the next cupple o' days

catch any of that ;)

oooohh ay, that eh did. I cannae argue wit that. Turronto twae will do mah nicelee!
    i listened to 6 songs of theirs on some webspace one night to confirm my earlier beliefs that they are indeed "pish"... and i was right

pretentious muso widdling arty bollocks... all atmosphere and no substance

i've only ever bought Kerrang once and it was for the PJ Astoria review but inside it they said that Toll were Prog-Metal... :eek:

that description alone means i will never buy a single product of theirs :cool:

buy the fucking Raconteurs instead Dave... its quite literally melts the soles of your socks its that good... :)

Raconteurs is definately gonna be a purchase... sounds like new Neil Young is worth investigating too... not heard Tool at all, was wondering what all the fuss is about ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Byrnzie wrote:
    oooohh ay, that eh did. I cannae argue wit that. Turronto twae will do mah nicelee!

och aye Groundskeeper Byrnzie :D
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    good afternoon!
    I can't believe this thread is still going...way to go guys!

Just got an email from someone who lives in Greece, and it looks like i can add Athens to my list of shows! Frick yeah!!!!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

UKDave wrote:
    not heard Tool at all, was wondering what all the fuss is about ;)

yeah.. think i'll get Neil Young as well

the Tool and Phish things on here over the past year or so... i thought they must be amazing after so many people kept going on about them

Tool sounded like NineInchNails to me but without any edge or melody.. just twitterings on guitars and weird effects to make it sound like Bernarnd Mannings stomach after 3 skips of beans... just pretentious.

my opinion obviously, but if it was atmosphere i wanted then i'd watch a movie about atoms whilst entombed in a big sphere :confused:
    yeah.. think i'll get Neil Young as well

the Tool and Phish things on here over the past year or so... i thought they must be amazing after so many people kept going on about them

Tool sounded like NineInchNails to me but without any edge or melody.. just twitterings on guitars and weird effects to make it sound like Bernarnd Mannings stomach after 3 skips of beans... just pretentious.

my opinion obviously, but if it was atmosphere i wanted then i'd watch a movie about atoms whilst entombed in a big sphere :confused:

A case of the "emperor's..." hey?

OK, might do the site thing just to check them out anyway but sounds like could be a poor man's Floyd... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Raconteurs is definately gonna be a purchase... sounds like new Neil Young is worth investigating too... not heard Tool at all, was wondering what all the fuss is about ;)

I may check that Raconteurs out. I'm not a great fan of Jack Black and his psuedo Zepellin act though. Also wasn't too impressed with him slating Billy Childish - The Buff Medways - accusing BC of imitating his stuff, probably not realising BC has been going for about 30 years and has made over 100 albums. Anyway, mustn't grumble. I may give the record a wee listen. (Damn this Scottish thing is addictive!)
    The Neil Young album is darn good. And the Springsteen album is really fucking good. I thought the thing on t.v the other night was a bit lame. Never like seeing him with his ban don stage - they always look too happy for my liking. But the Seeger sessions album is fucking ace - some quality traditional songs which got me toe tapping on the train the other day. It's worth checking out.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Dave , I too would like to hear the Tool Ablum no matter what Dunk says !! HH ?? review plz.

i just found this, its a new 1 to me though i have seen other Astoria Alive vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbK5Ea-M6ZQ enjoy :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    But the Seeger sessions album is fucking ace - some quality traditional songs which got me toe tapping on the train the other day. It's worth checking out.

i forgot about his latest offering... think i might check it out as well :)

does it have a rock attitude on the album or is it quite folky/trad based???

same with Neil Young... i was disappointed with Prarie Wind as it was mostly acoustic if not all...and i like NY when he hits the overdrive pedals.. nobody makes that same sounds as him then :)
    ok good , no ones got their Festival tickets yet :)

i'm a bit sad was hoping to get to mid Wales on Friday for a small PJ Harvey thing but just cant do it :(
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    Dave , I too would like to hear the Tool Ablum no matter what Dunk says !! HH ?? review plz.

i just found this, its a new 1 to me though i have seen other Astoria Alive vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbK5Ea-M6ZQ enjoy :D

If you look at the reviews of Tools new album on Amazon it gets a real slating. I've never heard any of their stuff but I had a look at the album reviews on Amazon and a few die hard fans have said the new album sucks elephant dicks - or words to that effect.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    If you look at the reviews of Tools new album on Amazon it gets a real slating. I've never heard any of their stuff but I had a look at the album reviews on Amazon and a few die hard fans have said the new album sucks elephant dicks - or words to that effect.

wow i'm shocked , i know a couple of die-hard fans and they love it, i have Aenima and love it but dont know the rest of their stuff . I will def. go and check around.

oh and btw "the Garden has been Water'd and i'm waiting to see what grows" ;) hahahahahaha
    Byrnzie wrote:
    a few die hard fans have said the new album sucks elephant dicks - or words to that effect.

that phrase is funny as i can think of nothimg more impressive than a CD sucking an elephants knob... its not like thats an everyday occurence... i bet we'd be standing staring at it all aghast... "thats awesome.. an album sucking off an elephant"... mind you i might be more impressed if it were a pigs knob as that must be like eating a corkscrew :o
    i forgot about his latest offering... think i might check it out as well :)

does it have a rock attitude on the album or is it quite folky/trad based???

same with Neil Young... i was disappointed with Prarie Wind as it was mostly acoustic if not all...and i like NY when he hits the overdrive pedals.. nobody makes that same sounds as him then :)

The Springsteen album is sort of rocking in a sea shanty kind of way- good drinking music! What better recommendation that that?
    V V wrote:
    oh and btw "the Garden has been Water'd and i'm waiting to see what grows" ;) hahahahahaha

?!! :confused: I must have missed something over the last few days... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    and i like NY when he hits the overdrive pedals.. nobody makes that same sounds as him then :)

His new one has a lot of messy reverb on it. It's very thrown together - apparently it was recorded in one day. It's certainly not mellow like a few of his recent ditties.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘HH: what is the Tool album like? been tempted to try that one’

Fuck, I feel like I’m under serious pressure now since nobody has heard it. I can’t review stuff, lol. I dunno how to describe it but it sounds like loads of stuff I’ve heard but I can’t think of what… and this is in a good way. I never heard any of Tool’s stuff before and I went into my new favourite record shop and asked yer man to recommend something and he came up with Tool so he put it on for me and after about a minute I decided I wanted it. Although it had a weird effect when I got home. I had the house to myself and put it in the DVD and up really loud… and it made me clean the house :confused: . Lol, it just made me want to clean and keep cleaning :) . I like it – it’s easy listening metal and brain dead stuff – and I recommend it.

‘but I'm now cheating and letting someone who knows what they are doing do it for me’

Me too :o Thanks Matt :)

‘Just to piss all the Americans off’

Lol, wouldn’t that be fucking brilliant? Then the Dublin show will go down in history.

‘like could be a poor man's Floyd.’

No, don’t do that. No Floyd comparisons – they don’t even try and be like them
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Byrnzie wrote:
    His new one has a lot of messy reverb on it. It's very thrown together - apparently it was recorded in one day. It's certainly not mellow like a few of his recent ditties.

those 3 sentences have convinced me... cheers Byrnzie :)

i like the chucked together feel of his sound... epic :)
    Catch you all later ;) work beckons... :rolleyes:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    that phrase is funny as i can think of nothimg more impressive than a CD sucking an elephants knob... its not like thats an everyday occurence... i bet we'd be standing staring at it all aghast... "thats awesome.. an album sucking off an elephant"... mind you i might be more impressed if it were a pigs knob as that must be like eating a corkscrew :o

I cheated. I stole it from Joe Pesci in Raging Bull! Funny how that's the only line I remember!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:

VV liked on another thread 'my friend ;) was talking to .......'
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    UKDave wrote:
    ?!! :confused: I must have missed something over the last few days... :D

hahahaha dont worry about it :D