Astorians with tickets

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i'm looking forward to meeting Mrs. Dunk and congratulating her on doing the world a faivour, Putting up iwth DUNK !

any how , while we are talking or were new albums , does anyone have the newish Black Keys Cd ????
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    My daughter just told me that Finland won the Eurovision contest (didn't watch it - sorry HH, not even or Ireland OR to see finland). Had to watch the vid though - so much was said about the finns!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    V V wrote:
    i'm looking forward to meeting Mrs. Dunk and congratulating her on doing the world a faivour, Putting up iwth DUNK !

any how , while we are talking or were new albums , does anyone have the newish Black Keys Cd ????

mrs dunk would give you an answer but that might mean me removing the ballgag that i have on her :o

she does put up with me thats for sure.. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    My daughter just told me that Finland won the Eurovision contest (didn't watch it - sorry HH, not even or Ireland OR to see finland). Had to watch the vid though - so much was said about the finns!

why would you say sorry to HH :confused:

just because we are going to Dublin doesnt mean we have to like everything about Ireland all of a sudden... they love themselves far too much as it is anyway.. they need some disliking if anything to level the playing field

i thought the Irish entry was shit... typical lame ballad crap... it was still better than ours though.. although i'm not sure of the connotations of a 38 year old white rapper from Stockport dancing around with schoolgirls in short skirts... and no i'm not jealous... i COULD wear a short skirt if i wanted to... but things dangle and it might put people off their dinners :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    redrock wrote:

Lordi, Lordi, Lordi! What's the world coming to? The finns winning the eurovision song contest with a death metal band dressed as medieval satanic monsters breathing fire and wielding clubs, and axes with sparks shooting out the ends?

I've been to Finland a few times. My best mates moving there next month. The finns are a bunch of piss takers. Their most famous band are the Leningrad cowboys - about 10 rockabilly dudes with foot long quiffs and winklepickers who sing about vodka and tractors. I saw them play in London a few years ago and the drummer was sitting in a tractor playing the drums. Outstanding!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    why would you say sorry to HH :confused:

just because we are going to Dublin doesnt mean we have to like everything about Ireland all of a sudden... they love themselves far too much as it is anyway.. they need some disliking if anything to level the playing field

i thought the Irish entry was shit... typical lame ballad crap... it was still better than ours though.. although i'm not sure of the connotations of a 38 year old white rapper from Stockport dancing around with schoolgirls in short skirts... and no i'm not jealous... i COULD wear a short skirt if i wanted to... but things dangle and it might put people off their dinners :o
    Lol dunk of COURSE the Irish entry was shite - it's the fucking Eurovision :D . Ya only watch it for embarrasment reasons. Was there any one song in that competition that you could ever see yourself buying??? Do you think these are serious attempts at 'songs'??? :o And we don't love ourselves enough compared to the bloody scots :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    And we don't love ourselves enough compared to the bloody scots :p

you lot are masturbating Narcissus' to our euneched Gollums by comparison :rolleyes: ;)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Their most famous band are the Leningrad cowboys - about 10 rockabilly dudes with foot long quiffs and winklepickers who sing about vodka and tractors.
    Lol, aren't The Rasmus and HIM from Finland? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    you lot are masturbating Narcissus' to our euneched Gollums by comparison :rolleyes: ;)

Well, I'll go along with your Scottish description alright! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    argentinians love themselves pretty much!
    I think I'll get along with the scots and irish then
    ;)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    ;)

Oh you'll get along with anybody I think :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Oh yeah, forgot about HIM. I meant famous amongst Russian rockabilly's! :D
    Oh you'll get along with anybody I think :p

I pretty much do get along with anyone (or think I do, ha!)
    unless they are really awful
    :p
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    So listening to Tool makes you do the housework then.......?! :eek: missed that one earlier :rolleyes: ain't no music ever made me do that!! although music does make even the most mundane shit seem ok :o

*** waits for Dunks joke on mudane shit... ***
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Oh yeah, forgot about HIM. I meant famous amongst Russian rockabilly's! :D

who is "HIM"?

The Rasmus visited Argentina recently... I wish Pearl Jam would come again istead
    :D
    Buru wrote:
    ;)

The English hate themselves, which is why we all want to be Irish, or American. And why were all moving to Spain to get sun tans and pretend that we're julio iglesias.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    God you lot really are talking a lot today aren't you? :eek: Don't you people have work to do?!! I've been snowed under today. Damn first aid incident's as well :mad:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles

Yes and as far as I'm concerned they can bloody well stay in Finland!

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    God you lot really are talking a lot today aren't you? :eek: Don't you people have work to do?!! I've been snowed under today. Damn first aid incident's as well :mad:
    I was a first aider at the school I worked at. Damn kids... let them bleed or walk away with broken arm! They're wimps!
    redrock wrote:
    I was a first aider at the school I worked at. Damn kids... let them bleed or walk away with broken arm! They're wimps!

Haha that's my attitude entirely! I'm not the most sympathic person you know ;)
    I'm also the College First Aid Co-ordinator so have the lovely job of attending things even when it's not my allocated day! :mad:

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I just burned the Astoria boot to CD and its the first time I used Nero (downloaded demo copy which I can use for a month!). My question (and I hope someone can help me)...

Though I have all the track names on the bit where you add files, once on CD, the file names are now track01, track02, etc. and, obviously, being a CD-R, I can't change any of that. Not a huge problem - just annoying.

Does anyone know how I can have the names of the songs on the CD (so they come up in WMP, or other players on the PC???
    UKDave wrote:
    So listening to Tool makes you do the housework then.......?! :eek: missed that one earlier :rolleyes: ain't no music ever made me do that!! although music does make even the most mundane shit seem ok :o

*** waits for Dunks joke on mudane shit... ***

Apparently so. It's the only explanation I can come up with anyway.

'My question (and I hope someone can help me).'

My God, you really do have problems, don't ya? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    I just burned the Astoria boot to CD and its the first time I used Nero (downloaded demo copy which I can use for a month!). My question (and I hope someone can help me)...

Though I have all the track names on the bit where you add files, once on CD, the file names are now track01, track02, etc. and, obviously, being a CD-R, I can't change any of that. Not a huge problem - just annoying.

Does anyone know how I can have the names of the songs on the CD (so they come up in WMP, or other players on the PC???

Sorry can't help but Helen we definately made the right decision ;):p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    redrock wrote:

The names of the songs should appear when you play the cd through your p.c using I-tunes or Wnidows media player or whatever.
    Nearly home my fellow Jammers :cool: :D

Wonder if I'll be able to log in at home :confused:

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Buru wrote:
    ;)

any updates on ur dad ?? i just checked hippie board to see any news .
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Oh and Byrnzie, you never answered my question earlier.

What's this about you sending me something? :confused:

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hello all,

have been locked out for ages :( so what has been going on (if anything) :D
    Is Byrnzie giving away free stuff :confused::D
    I need a coffee!
    Seems like loads of us have been locked out. Thus threads quite slow over the week-end!
    I think we should go over to the Dublin here we come thread as it's feeling neglected.