Astorians with tickets

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ‘… and it made me clean the house :confused: . Lol, it just made me want to clean and keep cleaning :) .

Maybe I should get it......
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Chime wrote:
    VV liked on another thread 'my friend ;) was talking to .......'

hahahaha u saw that did u ! hahahahah ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    Maybe I should get it......

I'm thinking the same !!!!! lord knows nothing else makes me do it ! lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ‘HH: what is the Tool album like? been tempted to try that one’

I had the house to myself and put it in the DVD and up really loud… and it made me clean the house :confused: . Lol, it just made me want to clean and keep cleaning :)

there you go Dave... dont fuckin buy it :D

Hellsy... i love the way you and i take it Irish people in general say "yer man".. you were saying this to me before Astoria... things like "yer man in the queue was saying it was...." "yer man in shop gave me a funny look" and i just kept thinking... but i dont know anyone down here??? :confused:

"yer man" is obviously "your man" and that to me means someone i know..

its a lovely wee Irish-ism... just like ken in Scotland!!! we all say ken instead of know.. you ken what i mean :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    V V wrote:
    I'm thinking the same !!!!! lord knows nothing else makes me do it ! lol
    Lol at you two but yep, I dunno what it was. And the louder I turned it up, the faster I cleaned :o :eek:

'"yer man" is obviously "your man" and that to me means someone i know'

lol dunky no, it's not 'your' it's 'yer' as in 'yer man' :confused: Surely that makes sense to everyone, no?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    lol dunky no, it's not 'your' it's 'yer' as in 'yer man' :confused: Surely that makes sense to everyone, no?

yer isnt a word... its a colloqualism of your... so no it doesnt make sense

i thought it was quite a cute way of talking... yer man at the record shop... :D

ask anyone in northern england about yer.. yer mam, yer dad, yer nan, yer.... etc

"yer man" would mean you were discussing another ladies male partner :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

its a lovely wee Irish-ism... just like ken in Scotland!!! we all say ken instead of know.. you ken what i mean :D

I ken what ya mean ... but ... can you explain the one that confused me when I first moved north of the border ... why say 'how' when you mean 'why' :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    ... why say 'how' when you mean 'why' :confused:

lots of people do this... i have no idea.???? i correct my family all the time with stuff like this...

example 1

me: dad bring me that big screwdriver out of the drawer will you

Dad: How?

me: well use the muscles in your forearm to manipulate your fingers into grasping the handle and pulling it open.. then grab scerwdriver

Dad: get it yersel ya cheeky shite

another one my mum does a lot is

ME: i smacked my head off the big cupboard door handle
    MUM: that'll learn you!!
    ME: what??? how the fuck will it learn me???
    MUM: stewed sausages for tea then ;)
    yer isnt a word... its a colloqualism of your... so no it doesnt make sense
    Dunky, I understand with you that everything must be grammatically correct and then the world is all in order and all that… you’re gonna have SUCH a bad time in Ireland :D . One thing we do here is take the English language and do what we like with it. So ya better spit up that dictionary you’ve swallowed before you make yer ;) way over here :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Fuck fuck fuck :eek: . One of the architects just came in to the office… and as soon as I saw him I remembered a pretty nice dream I had about him the other night :eek: . Oh fuck, I hate when that happens :D cos I know I went all red and funny :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Fuck fuck fuck :eek: . One of the architects just came in to the office… and as soon as I saw him I remembered a pretty nice dream I had about him the other night :eek: . Oh fuck, I hate when that happens :D cos I know I went all red and funny :o

You work with architects? You keep on talking about engineers.....

Must have been a PRETTY NICE dream to make you go all red and funny!
    redrock wrote:
    You work with architects? You keep on talking about engineers.....

Must have been a PRETTY NICE dream to make you go all red and funny!
    Lol well not THAT nice… but it was one of those REAL dreams that you think ‘fuck, he knows I was dreaming about him’ :o lol. Nah, I dreamt he asked me out and I thought ‘why not? He’s a nice guy’ and he turned up in a waistcoat and a dickey bow and stuff like that :o but I still thought ‘well he’s a nice guy’ and we went for dinner and things went really weird like stuff was happening all around us and it was funny and we actually got on really well :o . Fuck, I can’t look at him, lol.

And I work in construction... does that explain it?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    So ya better spit up that dictionary you’ve swallowed before you make yer ;) way over here :p

well apart from you and Irish Al everyone who is meeting up is from the UK... and considering you two will be discussing hurl...hur...hur... poofy stick game... then the great Irish language will consist of me asking barman/woman for "2 pints of guinness"... ;)

thing is i wasnt even slagging it off... i thought it sounded nice.. but if its a fucked up version of the English language you want... you must visit Aberdeen... i'm scottish and i have no idea what the fuck they are saying :D
    then the great Irish language will consist of me asking barman/woman for "2 pints of guinness"... ;)

:eek: What??? A scotsman buying someone else a pint??? Nah, couldn't be, presume you mean buying two for yerself??? :p
    thing is i wasnt even slagging it off... i thought it sounded nice..

Awww... :o was that a compliment from the dunk????? :o Thank you :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol well not THAT nice… but it was one of those REAL dreams that you think ‘fuck, he knows I was dreaming about him’ :o lol. Nah, I dreamt he asked me out and I thought ‘why not? He’s a nice guy’ and he turned up in a waistcoat and a dickey bow and stuff like that :o but I still thought ‘well he’s a nice guy’ and we went for dinner and things went really weird like stuff was happening all around us and it was funny and we actually got on really well :o . Fuck, I can’t look at him, lol.

Working in construction or not, I don't think ANYTHING could explain the above!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

Does that explain it? Errr.....Freud!!! Where are you when we need you?? :eek:
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    here is the best quality audio to come out so far for the astoria gig (someone with a DAT recorder and external mics who wishes to remain nameless):

either get it here as a torrent: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=25398
    or here as a direct download:
    http://www.pearljamstories.com/pearljamstories/?page_id=11

they're both the same files, doesn't matter which way you download it.

the quality of this is better than the yousendit link posted above (whcih is only mp3s, and low quality mp3s at that (lower quality mp3s that most sites even allow).

ok last offer, if anyone else wants the CDs of this mailed to them for free, pm me today.
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    the three of you who already asked me, the discs will be sent out tomorrow, to arrive with you hopefully on Wednesday/Thursday.

-matt
    redrock wrote:
    Working in construction or not, I don't think ANYTHING could explain the above!
    :o hmm… I was under the impression that this kinda thing was quite normal??? No???

*Makes mental note to NEVER tell anyone about dreams again* :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    the three of you who already asked me, the discs will be sent out tomorrow, to arrive with you hopefully on Wednesday/Thursday.

-matt

Thank you :o:)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

I wouldn't go that far HH. I mean, we always need something to laugh?{?{?P? whoops, typing error - we always need something to talk about on the thread. :D

-matt

Thanks for helping out us technophobes :)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I wouldn't go that far HH. I mean, we always need something to laugh?{?{?P?whoops, typing error - we always need something to talk about on the thread.

Lol, but the weird thing is I always have those kinds of dreams about people I don't really think ANYTHING of - either way!! And then I dream about them and it always confuses me like, do I subconsciously fancy him or something? :o And then I always go all weird :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :o hmm… I was under the impression that this kinda thing was quite normal??? No???

Not the dickey bow bit....
    redrock wrote:
    Not the dickey bow bit....
    True! :o I know, I'm not quite sure where that bit came from... but even in the dream I was thinking 'NOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't go out with him dressed like that' and I was arguing with myself like 'Well you told him you would and he IS a nice guy :rolleyes: '. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure nothing happened - I think we kissed but that's about it :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, but the weird thing is I always have those kinds of dreams about people I don't really think ANYTHING of - either way!! And then I dream about them and it always confuses me like, do I subconsciously fancy him or something? :o And then I always go all weird :o

I had a weird dream last night about my departmental manager. I was garden hopping with my mates and she caught me, and so I started bragging to her about my drinking ability in the hope that she'd be impressed and let me off. I remember telling her that I'd stayed up drinking 3 days and nights once and she was so impressed she let me go. I haven't seen her today so I've not received any nod of recognition or respect yet. And you think your dream was weird? Shiiit. I normally don't remember my dreams but I was kind of half awake and half asleep when my alarm went off this morning so I woke up thinking "what the fuck?"
    :eek: What??? A scotsman buying someone else a pint??? Nah, couldn't be, presume you mean buying two for yerself??? :p

of course i was only buying 2 for myself... saves having to walk to the bar twice :rolleyes: ;)
    of course i was only buying 2 for myself... saves having to walk to the bar twice :rolleyes: ;)

... so does Mrs Dunkman have to buy her own drinks in Dublin then ? ;)
    Chime wrote:
    ... so does Mrs Dunkman have to buy her own drinks in Dublin then ? ;)

she has legs doesnt she?? :o
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I had a weird dream last night about my departmental manager. I was garden hopping with my mates and she caught me, and so I started bragging to her about my drinking ability in the hope that she'd be impressed and let me off. I remember telling her that I'd stayed up drinking 3 days and nights once and she was so impressed she let me go. I haven't seen her today so I've not received any nod of recognition or respect yet. And you think your dream was weird? Shiiit. I normally don't remember my dreams but I was kind of half awake and half asleep when my alarm went off this morning so I woke up thinking "what the fuck?"

Lol byrnzie, maybe you should give her a gentle reminder :o

I hate that when you're not sure what the fuck's going on - if you're still asleep or where you are.

Lol, dunk, I keep forgetting mrs. dunk is coming too
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life