Astorians with tickets

Comments

• londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    if anyone here can't get this download for whatever reason -

send me a pm with your address, and I'll send CD copies to you in the mail (for free).

-matt
  • shootenany!shootenany! Posts: 122
    When the hell did this thread overtake the Chilean one?? I've been away from the computer revising for too long.

61% of the astoria flac file is now on my computer... *drools slightly in anticipation*
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    When the hell did this thread overtake the Chilean one?? I've been away from the computer revising for too long.

61% of the astoria flac file is now on my computer... *drools slightly in anticipation*

It is soooooooooo worth the wait.... on my second run through tonight... with my own personal Crazy Mary ;)

The Chileans are dust, we're after Argentina now!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    its goona make alot of people on here very happy to recieve this bootleg. I have listened to it and the quality is better than i thought. Its brought all the memories flooding back. I hope you all enjoy it as much as i have.
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good morning everyone - and a good one it is too! I've had problems with my account since late Friday afternoon and haven't been able to log in (happened to a number of people it would seem)! At least I got other stuff done!

I shall catch up on all the goss and everthing and talk to you later!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning Red :D (vid is back a few posts ! )

i DL the show over the w/e but have only played a couple of odd songs, i'm saving it for when i'm alone and can blast the full show through the house :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Morning everyone :D

So glad I'm allowed back into the Pit :)

Now I downloaded the mp3 and listened to it several times :D but after londonrocks posts have decided the Astoria boot should be my first flac download.

So who wants to walk me through converting it to wav and burning it (what I need to download etc) I'm not very techy though :o

Do you think winamp with the flac plugin will be fairly self explanatory for me :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    redrock wrote:
    Good morning everyone - and a good one it is too! I've had problems with my account since late Friday afternoon and haven't been able to log in (happened to a number of people it would seem)! At least I got other stuff done!

I shall catch up on all the goss and everthing and talk to you later!

Same here. couldnt log on at home, not back at work, I can. not cool!

HH, did you get that CD? If so, which one?!?!

ANyone else wetting themselves at the thought of Dublin and the rest of the EU tour? I got Chicago boot at the weekend. Unfuckinbelievable! THis will be a long, slow summer.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    good morning britain.... (and other countries)!!!

i downloaded the FLAC astoria bootleg... magnificent stuff!!!!

great to hear some Cockernee say on it "i fink i've made a friend for life mate!" or words to that effect!!

its a good quality boot... but hopefully we will not give up the good fight!! ;)

i had no probs logging in but it appears other did.. :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    No I don't own kings of leon - which one should i get then. I just want somebody to tell me which ONE cd to buy :)

i got your text, but i am refusing to add credit as thats all i spend my money on it seems... and i could be buying CD's....or doughnuts :)

Kings of Leon's Aha Shake Heartbreak it was... and how greateth was your enjoymenteth and doth thee love it much ????
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Have you Reading attendees seen out TOTD reunion dreams are now dust as Audioslave have cancelled their appearances at Leeds and Reading :( It's on the Mean Fiddler site?
    Chime wrote:

Now I downloaded the mp3 and listened to it several times :D but after londonrocks posts have decided the Astoria boot should be my first flac download.

So who wants to walk me through converting it to wav and burning it (what I need to download etc) I'm not very techy though :o

Do you think winamp with the flac plugin will be fairly self explanatory for me :confused:
    it was the audiophile in me that made the post, I just figure as it's an audience recording it's best to get the most quality possible.

if you want to just play flacs on your PC, the winamp plugin is pretty good, can be downloaded here: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=131643

to convert (decompress) the files to .wav so you can burn to disc, you need to decompress the files. flac frontend is the program to use, download it here: http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

there's also some posts in the 'Touch Base' section that will help with this.

if you still have problems, I'm quite happy to send the best quality CDs in the mail to anyone who wants them for free, just pm me.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘HH, did you get that CD? If so, which one?!?!’

I got three :o I got Aha Shake heartbreak which I really really like, I got Tool (10,000 days) which I ALSO really really like and I got Gorillaz :D which I haven’t listened to.

‘i cant think of who they sound like or anything’

Well after a few listens I would say they’re like a cross between Tom Petty and the White stripes :o

‘BUT I bring good news Dublin goer's. I have the time off’

Wooooooooooooo :) that’s brilliant stoney, congrats :)

‘i got your text, but i am refusing to add credit as thats all i spend my money on it seems... and i could be buying CD's’

Lol, I love texting people when I know they’ve no credit :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Chime wrote:
    Have you Reading attendees seen out TOTD reunion dreams are now dust as Audioslave have cancelled their appearances at Leeds and Reading :( It's on the Mean Fiddler site?

oh bum :(

has anyone got their reading tickets yet ??
    they keep sending me emails saying they are having problems and will send them soon.
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Hey everyone again. Haven't gone through everything but....

I'm dowloading the Astoria FLAC files. Had tried with the torrent but I had too many problems with it. Great that the flacs were posted!

VV - watched your vid... NICE! :) Thanks for sharing it.

Do we know why Audioslave cancelled?

Bought the new Neil Young CD. Love it!

God, it's good to be back!!!

Anything exciting happen since Friday??? Seems a couple of you guys were locked out as well! (I was getting a bit paranoid.....)
    ThaNk yOu :)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Chime wrote:

Download a thing called Flac converter studio 4.8. You can run the trial version and it converts flac files to wap and MP3. It's easy to use - even I managed to work it out!! :D
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    redrock wrote:
    Hey everyone again. Haven't gone through everything but....

I'm dowloading the Astoria FLAC files. Had tried with the torrent but I had too many problems with it. Great that the flacs were posted!

VV - watched your vid... NICE! :) Thanks for sharing it.

Do we know why Audioslave cancelled?

Bought the new Neil Young CD. Love it!

God, it's good to be back!!!

Anything exciting happen since Friday??? Seems a couple of you guys were locked out as well! (I was getting a bit paranoid.....)

How good is that Living with War eh? Had it on the old mini dsic on the train in this morning, and had to put down my book to listen to the words. Stirring stuff.

My Leeds tickets havent come yet. Why did Audioslave pull out? THey splitting up? Its three months away so it isnt illness. I dont think Mister Cornell likes Reading. Soundgarden pulled out in 94 when I was there. Not that bothered as I only have tix for Friday for PJ!
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
    danmac wrote:
    How good is that Living with War eh? Had it on the old mini dsic on the train in this morning, and had to put down my book to listen to the words. Stirring stuff.

My Leeds tickets havent come yet. Why did Audioslave pull out? THey splitting up? Its three months away so it isnt illness. I dont think Mister Cornell likes Reading. Soundgarden pulled out in 94 when I was there. Not that bothered as I only have tix for Friday for PJ!

No explanation on the site:

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage_reading.asp?PageID=445

With Sunday being Audioslaves day off we were hoping Chris might join PJ at Reading :(
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yay!! I'm able to log in again :D:D

How's everyone? Hope you all had a good weekend?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    hey caz!

was a bit too wet to do much, got a DVD out, went to the pub for a few sunday night. nothing much in essence. saw Radiohead on Thursday night though and that was supreme!

yourself?
    Afternoon everyone ;)

Listened to the boot twice over last night :D:D

HH: what is the Tool album like? been tempted to try that one...

re Audioslave: hope they aren't splitting up :( but does it really scupper the TotD thing? could still happen :rolleyes: :cool:

re Reading tickets: not seen mine yet either...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Is anyone gonna download the Grand Rapids show? I've got Albany, Toronto 1, and Chicago 1. Dunkman, Dave, Redrock, and Stoney I'll post you that package from the windy city sometime this week.
    hey caz!

was a bit too wet to do much, got a DVD out, went to the pub for a few sunday night. nothing much in essence. saw Radiohead on Thursday night though and that was supreme!

yourself?

Where'd you see Radiohead? saw them on Tues in Wolverhampton...

Stand out tracks.......?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Download a thing called Flac converter studio 4.8. You can run the trial version and it converts flac files to wap and MP3. It's easy to use - even I managed to work it out!! :D

Thanks for the info Byrnzie but I'm now cheating and letting someone who knows what they are doing do it for me :o

Thanks Matt :)
    hey caz!

yourself?

Alright Hertfordshire homeboy? Where dya see Radiohead???
    danmac wrote:

I'm afraid that it has surplanted the Avocado on the listening front this week-end! Now I can get back to even-stevens between the two!
    danmac wrote:
    THey splitting up?
    Let them get their new album out (June I think) and then I'll be quite happy having Cornell on this own. May not be to everyone's taste but I absolutely love Euphoria Morning!
    UKDave wrote:
    Afternoon everyone ;)

Listened to the boot twice over last night :D:D

HH: what is the Tool album like? been tempted to try that one...

re Audioslave: hope they aren't splitting up :( but does it really scupper the TotD thing? could still happen :rolleyes: :cool:

re Reading tickets: not seen mine yet either...

Ever the optomist :D

I haven't received Reading tickets either ...
    UKDave wrote:
    :( but does it really scupper the TotD thing? could still happen :rolleyes: :cool:

All they need is Chris... and he doesn't live far away :D
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    hey caz!

yourself?

Hey Matt. Yeah weather was shite to say the least ;)
    Had rehearsal yesterday for our play so had to venture out in the torrential downpour :eek: Motorway driving was scary :eek:

Did you enjoy Radiohead? Dave went to see them also last week. :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles