Astorians with tickets

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    UKDave wrote:
    Not White Stripes.............?!!!!!! :eek: oh oh!! this could be end of a beautiful friendship... :( they are fecking awesome!!!!! :mad:

Well I guess to be fair, I've not really tried to get into them. Guess that's a black mark against me then :(

*sighs* What's a girl to do :(
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Well I guess to be fair, I've not really tried to get into them. Guess that's a black mark against me then :(

ohhh jesus they are amazing... Dave you got Blackpool Lights DVD??

i thnk Jack White is one of the greatest musicians since .....errr...since greatest musicians were invented :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

One of the few bands that absolutely blew me away when I first heard them... and I had to go and buy the entire back catalogue the next day... :rolleyes: start with Elephant....
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    ohhh jesus they are amazing... Dave you got Blackpool Lights DVD??

i thnk Jack White is one of the greatest musicians since .....errr...since greatest musicians were invented :confused:

Not got the DVD but heard great great things about it...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    did anyone just see martha wayne right sp? and snow patrol on Jools , very good i was surprised
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    did anyone just see martha wayne right sp? and snow patrol on Jools , very good i was surprised

Wainright... was on but didn't really catch it... famous family... Dad & Brother in the business too...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:
    Wainright... was on but didn't really catch it... famous family... Dad & Brother in the business too...

I really like Rufus. Saw him at Hammersmith Apollo in November. He's very charismatic live.

I was sat in front of Kim Wilde (who with her friend was doing a lot of 'I love you Rufus' hollering) and he was joined on stage by French & Saunders :confused:

Not really listened to Martha yet.

Just looked on the Porch and apparently the seniority seating is being messed with tonight and the Americans don't look happy :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Just looked on the Porch and apparently the seniority seating is being messed with tonight and the Americans don't look happy :(

i'm sorry but i couldnt give a shit... they've had it so good for ages!!! i think this is a good thing... if they went to GA then the response would be so much better crowd wise

the boots sound like the crowd were enjoying it... but not Astoria enjoying it ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    watched Jools...snow patrol were ok...Franz were shite...as always...
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
    Yeah the American's whine over the slightest thing and forget one little thing. They have so many tours and don't have to worry about travelling to get to a show because they worry it might be the only one they will do in their country.

Grrr :mad: :mad:

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    i'm sorry but i couldnt give a shit... they've had it so good for ages!!! i think this is a good thing... if they went to GA then the response would be so much better crowd wise

the boots sound like the crowd were enjoying it... but not Astoria enjoying it ;)

I find it quite amusing. Think there will be some interesting threads over the weekend ...
    Right am gonna head off to bed I think.

Dreams need to be dreamt if you get my meaning ;):D

Catch you all soon
    xx

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chime wrote:
    I find it quite amusing. Think there will be some interesting threads over the weekend ...

oh definitely Chime... i'm off to bed though... will have a look tomorrow to see the whines and tears... most fun inducing mirth i couldnt invent... ok that made no sense :confused:

night folks!!! :)
    i too think the americans have become spoilt brats when it comes to PJ shows !

let them boys come here we'll show em a whole lotta love ;)

Morninga !!
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    formal info. I will be out most of the day , its breastfeeding awearness weeek

so please join in and suport the corse in what ever way possible ! :D

hahahahahahaha what that means i'm not sure ;) but have a lovely day xx
    both my kids were breast-fed VV :)

if it were socially acceptable then i would probably have had some as well ;):o

well... i'm expecting yet more whiney crap on the forum today about senior tenclubbers being made to sit *gasps* at the side of the stage!!!

i'm jealous though... if PJ played here every year maybe i'd feel the same sense of pissed offness

General Admission seems the way to go... much fairer for everyone then!!
    thats COOL Dunk :D:D
    i had a good response from the public ! and the ones that dodge me must have read some of the posters at least :D hahaha

ok finaly , (i hear Red sigh with releaf) the video ... try not to laugh ! can u spot me ? :D hahaha
    btw the music is a lil slow now the film got compressed so the timing looks a bit wrong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhK4N3z319U

**runs to hide**
    People apparently there is a better version of Astoria on bt.etree.org.

Unfortunately can't torrent on the PC I use so don't think I will be able to get this :(
    For your entertainment re the seating last night :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3254959&postcount=50
    Chime wrote:
    For your entertainment re the seating last night :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3254959&postcount=50

thanks that was funny ! i have yet to venture to the porch and see all this contemp for the spoilt bratzzzzz !

looks like its time for the band to move to Europe like they were thinking of way back !
    V V wrote:
    thanks that was funny ! i have yet to venture to the porch and see all this contemp for the spoilt bratzzzzz !

looks like its time for the band to move to Europe like they were thinking of way back !

Watched the video. Well done you :)

On the Porch seem to be more people happy than not.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Something just went bump in the night! :eek:
    and moannnnnnnn from an unearthly hour on a sunday morning.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I take it you've all seen this - The Astoria bootleg - the quality sounds a bit better than the Irving Plaza boot. Happy days!!!! :D

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=31462664373AB929
    Hello.....!! *** echo ***
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Hello.....!! *** echo ***

"it echooooooooooooooooooooooooos
    nobody hears
    it goes
    it goes
    it goes like this..........
    we're Faithfull" :D:D
    V V wrote:
    "it echooooooooooooooooooooooooos
    nobody hears
    it goes
    it goes
    it goes like this..........
    we're Faithfull" :D:D

Yeah... but we're only Love Boat Captains right now... ;)

How you doing?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    goooooooood

bit pooped now just opened a john smiths :D

and u ? good weekend ??

didn't u have a date ??
    V V wrote:
    goooooooood

bit pooped now just opened a john smiths :D

and u ? good weekend ??

didn't u have a date ??

Love John Smiths :D

Date was Weds night... had my youngest this weekend!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    here is the best quality audio to come out so far for the astoria gig (someone with a DAT recorder and external mics who wishes to remain nameless):

either get it here as a torrent: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=25398
    or here as a direct download:
    http://www.pearljamstories.com/pearljamstories/?page_id=11

they're both the same files, doesn't matter which way you download it.

the quality of this is better than the yousendit link posted above (whcih is only mp3s, and low quality mp3s at that (lower quality mp3s that most sites even allow).