Astorians with tickets

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    UKDave wrote:
    think you should look after Mrs Dunc as much as you can

oh definitely ;)

we'll be looking for something nice to do during day... go back to the hotel in the early afternoon for a nap though... we'll be leaving house at 4.00am for flight and i dont want to be knackered.... but we'll be meeting up with you guys pre-gig.... we'll be doing that again huh?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    oh definitely ;)

we'll be looking for something nice to do during day... go back to the hotel in the early afternoon for a nap though... we'll be leaving house at 4.00am for flight and i dont want to be knackered.... but we'll be meeting up with you guys pre-gig.... we'll be doing that again huh?

Yeah too right!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Someone needs to make a blogg like the Astoria one. Post a pre-party meetup place and all. I'm coming over for the Dublin show myself and would LOVE to meet ya'll again :D

Wolfamongwolves has been quiet... but he might be more informed of good bars for meeting up etc... he was with Dave and I in the queue and he's a good man

but the blog thing is a good idea... we'll see who gets tickets from this Astoria thread and hopefully all meet up again.. good times :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Wolfamongwolves has been quiet... but he might be more informed of good bars for meeting up etc... he was with Dave and I in the queue and he's a good man

but the blog thing is a good idea... we'll see who gets tickets from this Astoria thread and hopefully all meet up again.. good times :)

Sounds good :) I'll keep my eyes open it!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    UKDave wrote:
    Somebody mentioned Saturday... hope not, my youngest has an all day footie tournament!! :(

Christ I hope it's not Saturday, unless it's a 9am sale. Otherwise I'll be on my way to/in Cork booking my bloody wedding! Priorities - Pearl Jam or my wedding?!?!?!?

Pearl Jam it is .....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Good evening everyone!

Just been in the studio for 6 hours... my fingers are hurting like hell :(
  • Keithos wrote:
    Good evening everyone!

Just been in the studio for 6 hours... my fingers are hurting like hell :(

ya a guitar player sir? You crankin it up like McCready :D
    ya a guitar player sir? You crankin it up like McCready :D

Hell yeah :)

We had our first session with our new drummer today - luckily he's v.good... so I'm happy... and slightly drunk!
  • Keithos wrote:
    Hell yeah :)

We had our first session with our new drummer today - luckily he's v.good... so I'm happy... and slightly drunk!

Got a song I could listen to maybe? Your band got a web page?
    Got a song I could listen to maybe? Your band got a web page?

there are some very badly recorded vocal and guitar tracks on this little site I made a while ago... but they are very rough.

We're a full band now and the songs have all evolved a lot, but it will give you a bit of an idea as to what we do...

http://www.hotwaxandchampagne.com/
  • Keithos wrote:
    there are some very badly recorded vocal and guitar tracks on this little site I made a while ago... but they are very rough.

We're a full band now and the songs have all evolved a lot, but it will give you a bit of an idea as to what we do...

http://www.hotwaxandchampagne.com/

Cool, I would love to hear the trax with a full band! And dude, I really like the little Volume knob detail! You're seem like a pretty talented guy! Bring a recording over to Dublin will ya! Cranck it up like a MUTHA at the pre-party ;)

OH!!! TO WHOM EVER DECIDES THE NEXT MEETUP PLACE!! FOR GODS SAKE, CHECK THAT THEY HAVE A CD PLAYER WE CAN USE!!!!! ;)
    OH!!! TO WHOM EVER DECIDES THE NEXT MEETUP PLACE!! FOR GODS SAKE, CHECK THAT THEY HAVE A CD PLAYER WE CAN USE!!!!! ;)

looks like your in charge then ;) ....
    Cool, I would love to hear the trax with a full band! And dude, I really like the little Volume knob detail! You're seem like a pretty talented guy! Bring a recording over to Dublin will ya! Cranck it up like a MUTHA at the pre-party ;)

Cheers dude!

We'll have some recorded tracks finished by then! (these were just recorded through the little mic on my laptop)!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    looks like your in charge then ;) ....

Somebody join me on the Other Music forum it's fecking boring!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • looks like your in charge then ;) ....

touchè;) I know just the place! You know the one at the corner right next to the record store.... You know, the record store with all those CD's and stuff... Music magazines and and..... and ;)......... Ummm, ya know.. THE one in Dublin there!!! :D

Hell, I trust you guys find a nice little place...... where they sell beer ;)
  • dude i meet u out side the pub after the astoria gig. Its Nik if you can remaber. well if you do im blond hippey on this thing.

By the way it be cool to hear sum of you stuff

catch u later
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
  • dude i meet u out side the pub after the astoria gig. Its Nik if you can remaber. well if you do im blond hippey on this thing.

By the way it be cool to hear sum of you stuff

catch u later

Hey mate! Yeah i remember you :) Thank you for the drink.... Not too many UK shows for us huh??? Hope a few more is announced soon. Or else the Van of the Hour journey will be WAY shorter than expected :( I'm catching as many shows as possible in Europe though, but the UK was supposed to be the BIG thing this year.

So you did get home safe right? Cool of you to head on down to London on your own! And great meeting you!

Cheers,

Stian
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just read this guy's opinion on grunge and Pearl Jam fans :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/music_week/debate_grunge.shtml

weren't BBC6 the ones interviewing people outside the gig?

Think they may need some of our opinions on their debate!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Just read this guy's opinion on grunge and Pearl Jam fans :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/music_week/debate_grunge.shtml

weren't BBC6 the ones interviewing people outside the gig?

Think they may need some of our opinions on their debate!

thats the guy in the photo at the top... if so then judging purely by looks and by his t-shirt he's a cock :)

who wears a t-shirt buttoned to the top??? fans of The Ordinary Boys do... and thats my critique on this guy finished... he's an Ordinary Boys fan :D
    thats the guy in the photo at the top... if so then judging purely by looks and by his t-shirt he's a cock :)

who wears a t-shirt buttoned to the top??? fans of The Ordinary Boys do... and thats my critique on this guy finished... he's an Ordinary Boys fan :D

It was the first paragraph that got me ...

"This week, Pearl Jam play their first UK gig in six whole years at the Astoria in London. This news would undoubtedly make some people jump for joy if it weren’t for the fact that, being Pearl Jam fans, they probably feel too much “pain” to ever do anything like that. But it will also make some of us say: “Did you have to hurry back so soon?”"

He's obviously never met any Pearl Jam fans. I don't think those of us at the George or in the Astoria were feeling "pain".

I'm therefore going to follow your critique. I have to say that is quite a harsh insult you are giving out!
    Chime wrote:
    I have to say that is quite a harsh insult you are giving out!

really?? I could have typed much worse ;)

i love the guys use of early 90's imagery of grunge to label us all in "pain"... i did nothing but laugh in that queue.... the only pain i had was the next day (sore head) and then the bruising came due to the physical exertion of enjoying this band too much!!!

he's just jealous cause Chantelle has robbed him of his beloved Preston... undo the top button man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    really?? I could have typed much worse ;)

i love the guys use of early 90's imagery of grunge to label us all in "pain"... i did nothing but laugh in that queue.... the only pain i had was the next day (sore head) and then the bruising came due to the physical exertion of enjoying this band too much!!!

he's just jealous cause Chantelle has robbed him of his beloved Preston... undo the top button man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm not the only one covered in bruises! Yeah the George and the Astoria queue were a laugh (although tinged with some nerves on my part).

Now I'm having to debate whether to head to Dublin. I had never contemplated there would be NO UK dates :(
    i booked flights and hotel about 15mins after the official post on here Saturday night... i havent got tickets yet obviously but i'm sure i'll get some :eek:
    i booked flights and hotel about 15mins after the official post on here Saturday night... i havent got tickets yet obviously but i'm sure i'll get some :eek:

I'm sure with your superfast internet connection you will have no problems ;)

Judging how my attempts at getting Astoria tickets went don't think I will risk booking flights etc until I know I have a ticket!
    Chime wrote:
    I'm sure with your superfast internet connection you will have no problems ;)!

haa haa :D

yeah its the only benefit of my job.... :)
    haa haa :D

yeah its the only benefit of my job.... :)

If it is the usual 10C have to buy a pair thing with a large UK contingent heading over those that don't manage on the pre sale will hopefully be able to get a spare from someone else ?!?

Fingers crossed for everyone :)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

My flight's booked Dunkypoo's!!! I'll see you there. I get into Dublin at about 2pm. Hopefully you'd have had your recuperating nap by then and be in the pub. Does anyone know where we're gonna meet yet for pre-gig drinks???
  • Hello
    yer got home alright but i wished i had stayed at the pub now. well if you are going on the road througth europe to whach them summer i hope to see you again. Cos i got a feeling that im going to hit the road in the summer and get out of this place. We should meet in italy Verona Arear in sep the collosium dude

catch you later
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
    Byrnzie wrote:
    My flight's booked Dunkypoo's!!! I'll see you there. I get into Dublin at about 2pm. Hopefully you'd have had your recuperating nap by then and be in the pub. Does anyone know where we're gonna meet yet for pre-gig drinks???

good man... i get into Dublin around 9.30ish... we'll definitely be meeting up again though... UKDave has booked his flight as well, so has AMENtothat.. has Keithos? Dr Gstring, etc... i'm sure they were all planning on coming as well!!

plus Wolfamongwolves and HHelen are already in Dublin so i'm hoping they'll organise a pub and stuff for us... they know it better than us probably