Astorians with tickets

Comments

• good man... i get into Dublin around 9.30ish... we'll definitely be meeting up again though... UKDave has booked his flight as well, so has AMENtothat.. has Keithos? Dr Gstring, etc... i'm sure they were all planning on coming as well!!

plus Wolfamongwolves and HHelen are already in Dublin so i'm hoping they'll organise a pub and stuff for us... they know it better than us probably

I haven't booked flight yet. Need to assure I get my ticket first, and IF the rumour about the 22/8 Prague show is true, I will have to go there to. I need to keep cool for a little longer, BUT I AM heading over to Dublin :)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    PEARL JAM Confirm Irish Concert Date
    News last updated: 24-04-2006

The legendary Seattle outfit will play Dublin's Point Theatre on 23 August, 2006, their first in six years.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale this Saturday 29 April from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide. Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.

http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1040114846&xname=pearljam
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Hello
    yer got home alright but i wished i had stayed at the pub now. well if you are going on the road througth europe to whach them summer i hope to see you again. Cos i got a feeling that im going to hit the road in the summer and get out of this place. We should meet in italy Verona Arear in sep the collosium dude

catch you later

I'm doing some SERIOUS road trip planing as we speak.... Haven't had a propper nights sleep in weeks cuz of this. So much that needs to be done! would be wicked to hook up somewhere along the way... And this time it's my turn to buy the drink ;)
  • PEARL JAM Confirm Irish Concert Date
    News last updated: 24-04-2006

The legendary Seattle outfit will play Dublin's Point Theatre on 23 August, 2006, their first in six years.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale this Saturday 29 April from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide. Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.

http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1040114846&xname=pearljam

You know if it's a seated gig?
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    You know if it's a seated gig?

if there's a pre-sale then i'm hoping it's seated! Thursday night was great but my legs were nackered afterwards!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• if there's a pre-sale then i'm hoping it's seated! Thursday night was great but my legs were nackered afterwards!

Ross, it's you right? U got a really low 10c # since you want it to be seated....? I WANNA GET AS CLOSE AS I WAS ON THURSDAY :D
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    good man... i get into Dublin around 9.30ish... we'll definitely be meeting up again though... UKDave has booked his flight as well, so has AMENtothat.. has Keithos? Dr Gstring, etc... i'm sure they were all planning on coming as well!!

plus Wolfamongwolves and HHelen are already in Dublin so i'm hoping they'll organise a pub and stuff for us... they know it better than us probably

Yep- I've got my flights booked :)
    Ross, it's you right? U got a really low 10c # since you want it to be seated....? I WANNA GET AS CLOSE AS I WAS ON THURSDAY :D

yeah its me, nice to talk to you again!
    in fact, i have quite a crappy 10c# but seeing as there are far fewer UK 10c members than in places like the US, a 10c seat might be quite good!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• yeah its me, nice to talk to you again!
    in fact, i have quite a crappy 10c# but seeing as there are far fewer UK 10c members than in places like the US, a 10c seat might be quite good!

Cool man! Was really nice talkin to you at the Astoria! And it will be nice getting togehter in Dublin too :) We can at least HOPE there won't be that many 10 clubbers attending so that we get good seats, but you never know. I'm willing to come from Norway for a single show, I'm sure more clubbers around the world will do the same..... PLEASE 10 clubbers, let AMENt and release have good seats.... Don't think this night is gonna be special AT ALL. I'm SURE Leeds and Reading is where ya'll wanna go ;)

Hehe, worth a try right :D
    Cool man! Was really nice talkin to you at the Astoria! And it will be nice getting togehter in Dublin too :) We can at least HOPE there won't be that many 10 clubbers attending so that we get good seats, but you never know. I'm willing to come from Norway for a single show, I'm sure more clubbers around the world will do the same..... PLEASE 10 clubbers, let AMENt and release have good seats.... Don't think this night is gonna be special AT ALL. I'm SURE Leeds and Reading is where ya'll wanna go ;)

Hehe, worth a try right :D

lol nice try, im sure people reading this will change their mind and skip on Dublin!
    if the pre-sale starts in the next few days then i think i'll definitely try to get tickets. Don't want to book a flight or hotel until i have tickets!

Did you go out after the show or just crash?

• lol nice try, im sure people reading this will change their mind and skip on Dublin!
    if the pre-sale starts in the next few days then i think i'll definitely try to get tickets. Don't want to book a flight or hotel until i have tickets!

Did you go out after the show or just crash?

After the after-party you mean? Nah, we all crashed at the Farringdon after saying goodbye to you, Naomi and Ems in the elevator. Exhausted after the insanity in the moshpit! I'm actually a tad sick today, soar throath and a slight fever. Probably because I was so weet and sweaty after the show. Soaking weet then 4-5 pints outside the George, not a good combination... But it was SOOOOOOOOO worth it :D I'd do it again, and I will many times this year.
    After the after-party you mean? Nah, we all crashed at the Farringdon after saying goodbye to you, Naomi and Ems in the elevator. Exhausted after the insanity in the moshpit! I'm actually a tad sick today, soar throath and a slight fever. Probably because I was so weet and sweaty after the show. Soaking weet then 4-5 pints outside the George, not a good combination... But it was SOOOOOOOOO worth it :D I'd do it again, and I will many times this year.

yup, me too. I plan on doing it over and over!

check this out, think you'll like it:http://tmz.aol.com/article2/_a/dust-off-your-flannel-pearl-jam-returns/20060423110009990001

• yup, me too. I plan on doing it over and over!

check this out, think you'll like it:http://tmz.aol.com/article2/_a/dust-off-your-flannel-pearl-jam-returns/20060423110009990001

I just saw that link yea. Suhaweeeeeet :D Someone needs to find out who the guy videotaping was, the rob his house! Wanna see it again! It deserves to be shared...... God what a great concert!
  • Okay....

Given that this seems to be the thread for all the people going to Astoria.. here's my plans for the PJ summer tour. Me and I Scot ID will be travelling from Amsterdam and plan to attend the following:

Aug 29 Arnhem, Netherlands Geldredome
    Aug 30 Antwerp, Belgium Sportpaleis
    Sept 9 Marseille, France Le Dome - Depends on Cheap travel
    Sept 16 Verona, Italy Arena
    Sept 17 Milan, Italy Forum
    Sept 22 Prague Not confirmed, but seems likely
    Sept 23 Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide

Its basically anything that I can drive to mid week or falls on a weekend. I'm already taking the whole of August off for kilted travel, so my boss would kill me if I extended that into september.

If that overlaps with anyone's plan's we'll be happy to meet for drinks again. If anyone is staying in Amsterdam for any of the benelux gigs, we'll be glad to show you around...
    I just saw that link yea. Suhaweeeeeet :D Someone needs to find out who the guy videotaping was, the rob his house! Wanna see it again! It deserves to be shared...... God what a great concert!

yeah it was the ultimate experience for me!
    i have a feeling that more video clips will surface over the next few days and weeks! we want a dvd!

• yeah it was the ultimate experience for me!
    i have a feeling that more video clips will surface over the next few days and weeks! we want a dvd!

WE WANT A D V D WE WANT A D V D! Sure hope more clips surface!
    WE WANT A D V D WE WANT A D V D! Sure hope more clips surface!

I have a couple of movies!

They're pretty big though...
    Keithos wrote:
    I have a couple of movies!

They're pretty big though...

oohhh i'm interested! What is the quality like?

They're kind of big, but capture the atmosphere... and the 2nd one has Ed swing the mic like a crazy man!

I've put them here http://homepage.mac.com/keith.marsh/FileSharing1.html for anyone who wants them!
  • Keithos wrote:
    They're kind of big, but capture the atmosphere... and the 2nd one has Ed swing the mic like a crazy man!

I've put them here http://homepage.mac.com/keith.marsh/FileSharing1.html for anyone who wants them!

Nah, think I'll pass......................

NOT! Dude, you're the best! Feckin (as UKDave puts it) UNBELIEVABLE :D
    Keithos wrote:

downloading now, thanks for these! i just keep reliving it over and over. I'll never forget it.

• spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    Are any of you folks in here one of the 2 Scottish guys me and my friend (Steve - you thought he was gay...) were talking to in the queue?

Saw Kelly Jones in Soho Square and then you accused me of counterfeiting tickets with a dot matrix printer in my back pocket!

Anyway, was good to chat to you, maybe see you again at some of the other UK shows....if any more are announced.
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • Keithos wrote:
    No worries :)

Like to do my bit!

GOD that was AWESOME! I'm still Alive yea yea yea yea yea YEAAAAAAA :D
  • Keithos wrote:
    No worries :)

Like to do my bit!

It's not a surprise... Mac user's are clearly superior human beings
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It's not a surprise... Mac user's are clearly superior human beings

Are you one of those?
  • spida1998 wrote:
    Are any of you folks in here one of the 2 Scottish guys me and my friend (Steve - you thought he was gay...) were talking to in the queue?

Saw Kelly Jones in Soho Square and then you accused me of counterfeiting tickets with a dot matrix printer in my back pocket!

Anyway, was good to chat to you, maybe see you again at some of the other UK shows....if any more are announced.

I am one of the Scots. Either it was the adrehnalin buzz and I don;t remember accusing anyone of being gay or counterfeiting, or it was my companion I Scot ID,.... Is there a photo of you up anywhere.. it might jog my memory
    GOD that was AWESOME! I'm still Alive yea yea yea yea yea YEAAAAAAA :D

Cheers dude!

Glad you liked :)
  • redrock wrote:
    Are you one of those?

How can you tell? :)
    i was stood in the queue with an australian and an irish guy, and they'd met up with a guy who had flown from Budapest. They had nicknames for each other, one was the Captain and the other was t-daddy!

does anyone know who they are? they were hilarious.