Astorians with tickets

Comments

• foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Just booked my flights to Dublin - hope to God I can get tickets though!!!! We all going to get pissed in Temple Bar after the show? Byrnzie, Keith, NIk and all those folks I didn't get to meet?
    Gav the Australian, haven't heard from you on the board since we got back - are you coming over to Dublin?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    nik wrote:
    Is that the 10am from gatwick with ryanair?

No, the later one. 12:05pm from Stansted. Arrive in Dublin at 13:20pm.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    OK flight to Dublin booked!! :D when are the tickets on sale?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    UKDave wrote:

I dunno! Not long I hope :) I've decided I'm going to do Dublin, France, Italy and possibly Portugal :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I dunno! Not long I hope :) I've decided I'm going to do Dublin, France, Italy and possibly Portugal :D

You may aswell get on my flight to Paris from Luton.

Jeez, would love to but can't afford it after spending so much on Astoria!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12

The Spanish show is in Northern Spain - Vitoria - and Ryanair are doing direct flights there for about £100 return. Still, I think that Dublin, Reading and Paris will do me for this year.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You may aswell get on my flight to Paris from Luton.

Luton is quite a long way up country from me though. I was hoping I could get a flight from Southampton. :)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    UKDave wrote:
    Jeez, would love to but can't afford it after spending so much on Astoria!!

Well I figured I might as well go into the red for this band, seeing as how they only grace these shores or nearby every six years or so. :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Birmingham to Dublin £40 return :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Well I figured I might as well go into the red for this band, seeing as how they only grace these shores or nearby every six years or so. :D

Yeah me too, just a question of how MUCH into the red!!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Luton is quite a long way up country from me though. I was hoping I could get a flight from Southampton. :)

O.k, we'll have to meet over there. Are you all gonna get the Ten Club tickets for these shows??
    I know Dave. I thought about taking a loan out :D

Not sure if I'm gonna get 10c tix or not yet. Will have to see :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Hello everyone!

It all seems a bit like old news now with the recent tour announcement, but i only just got back from London an hour ago!

Hope you all enjoyed the Astoria!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    I plan to go to Lisbon 1 & 2, and then head round to a rumoured Madrid date, and then end up to Marseille.

was going to end in paris, but I have to fly home from Marseille due to college commitments as I'm joining a course that starts the day of the paris gig.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    AAARRRGGHHHHH!

What to do?? :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    UKDave wrote:

Good man :D

god knows about the tickets though :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I think I'm gonna go and see them in Paris. Anyone wanna join me???

this is stereotyping by me... but Paris is out for me... french people are loud and shout instead of talk... they hate everyone and there'll be a fucking strike that day or something.... they strike for anything... not enough cheese on their 5hour tea breaks...STRIKE!!!!!!!

joking ;)

nah, Dublin will do me fine... its actually closer to me than London, just the inconvenience of a body of water in the way but as crow flies Dublin is nearer my house :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Good man :D

god knows about the tickets though :(

Somebody mentioned Saturday... hope not, my youngest has an all day footie tournament!! :(
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    how much are we talkin' to get the ferry to Dublin?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

I've seen saturday mentioned loads as well... but surely we'll get a 10Club presale this time????!

if so then it could be tue-fri as we have to get in before the tickets are sold on general release.... unless saturday date isnt true... nobody knows :eek:

the Dublin date aint too good for me in retrospect (still going though) as our eldest starts school for the 1st time on the 22nd Tuesday and then she'll have her granny taking her for 2 days... my wife feels a bit funny about it, but she officially decided she's coming
  • how much are we talkin' to get the ferry to Dublin?

That depends if you're a foot passenger, travelling by coach or driving. Flights are the best option, via Ryanair.
    how much are we talkin' to get the ferry to Dublin?

The ferry is normally very expensive... I used to get it from Stranraer to Belfast and it was £50ish and that was 4-5 years ago!!

i got flights last night, all in with travel insurance, taxes, etc for £37 return :)

I even booked my fricking hotel room last night as well :cool:
    The ferry is normally very expensive... I used to get it from Stranraer to Belfast and it was £50ish and that was 4-5 years ago!!

i got flights last night, all in with travel insurance, taxes, etc for £37 return :)

I even booked my fricking hotel room last night as well :cool:

Got flight for £40, not booked hotel yet...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Got flight for £40, not booked hotel yet...

our hotel is right on Temple Bar area... i suppose hotel was least of worries as we could have bunked in with folk, but excitement took over me

i fuckin must get tickets now or she'll kill me ;)
    our hotel is right on Temple Bar area... i suppose hotel was least of worries as we could have bunked in with folk, but excitement took over me

i fuckin must get tickets now or she'll kill me ;)

What's the advantage of the 10c tickets? I'm going arrive about 9am on the 23rd and leave late afternoon on 24th so will get some Dublin time in too :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    What's the advantage of the 10c tickets? I'm going arrive about 9am on the 23rd and leave late afternoon on 24th so will get some Dublin time in too :D

we get in around 9am as well... going to do Guinness factory tour for definite.. other than that not sure. i think we fly home at 15.05 or something as well :cool:

10C tickets, strictly speaking, means i should get first chance at tickets before general release... also depending on my fan club number i'm then allocated a seat nearer the stage than those in general release tickets... that sort of thing.... works really well in States but over here its had some teething probs for sure, hopefully this time it'll be all good!!
    UKDave wrote:

There just there to make sure you get a ticket before it sells out. I can imagine that they'll sell out pretty fast in Ireland as It's their only show there. Normally, you have to pay for 2 tickets though I think, as they only sell them in two's. Is that right? If so, then someone can have my spare.
    we get in around 9am as well... going to do Guinness factory tour for definite.. other than that not sure. i think we fly home at 15.05 or something as well :cool:

10C tickets, strictly speaking, means i should get first chance at tickets before general release... also fepending on my fan club number i'm then allocated a seat nearer the stage than those in general release tickets... that sort of thing.... works really well in States but over here its had some teething probs for sure, hopefully this time it'll be all good!!

OK, cool... done the Guinness tour before, it's worth doing, think you should look after Mrs Dunc as much as you can, I'll head into town and check the place for Thin Lizzy rarities.... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Someone needs to make a blogg like the Astoria one. Post a pre-party meetup place and all. I'm coming over for the Dublin show myself and would LOVE to meet ya'll again :D