Options

Nick Cave thread

Comments

• Options
    this just popped up on my FB feed.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/loc ... ds-support

The forthcoming Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds tour has just got a little bit more special with the announcement of Mark Lanegan as the opening act in all cities.

The Bad Seeds, which currently features Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, Jim Sclavunos, Thomas Wydler, Martyn Casey, Ed Kuepper and Conway Savage are due to play shows in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and two shows at the Sydney Opera House next month. While a 12-piece choir had already been confirmed for the Opera House shows, string members from the Melbourne and Queensland Symphony Orchestra have now been added to the gigs in their respective hometowns as well.

Lanegan was last in Australia to reopen Melbourne’s Ding Dong Lounge with an exclusive one-off acoustic show, however he also played a full run of dates with his band in early 2012 to show off songs from his critically acclaimed Blues Funeral album.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seed’s 15th studio album Push The Sky Away is due out today. It’s the first record since the departure of longtime collaborator Mick Harvey, and the first entirely co-written by Ellis and Cave. You can read FL’s first impressions of the album here.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds supported by Mark Lanegan:

Tuesday, February 26 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Wednesday, February 27 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Thursday, February 28 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Saturday, March 2 – Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
    Sunday, March 3 – Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide – sold out
    Wednesday, March 6 – Red Hill Auditorium, Perth
    Friday, March 8 – Riverstage, Brisbane
    Saturday, March 9 – Emore Theatre, Sydney – sold out
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooowwww!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    I was thinking of going to the San Diego show, but it is on a weeknight, so getting there from L.A. is a huge hassle.

Will stick with seeing both NC&TBS as well as Grinderman at Coachella.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this just popped up on my FB feed.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/loc ... ds-support

The forthcoming Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds tour has just got a little bit more special with the announcement of Mark Lanegan as the opening act in all cities.

The Bad Seeds, which currently features Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, Jim Sclavunos, Thomas Wydler, Martyn Casey, Ed Kuepper and Conway Savage are due to play shows in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and two shows at the Sydney Opera House next month. While a 12-piece choir had already been confirmed for the Opera House shows, string members from the Melbourne and Queensland Symphony Orchestra have now been added to the gigs in their respective hometowns as well.

Lanegan was last in Australia to reopen Melbourne’s Ding Dong Lounge with an exclusive one-off acoustic show, however he also played a full run of dates with his band in early 2012 to show off songs from his critically acclaimed Blues Funeral album.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seed’s 15th studio album Push The Sky Away is due out today. It’s the first record since the departure of longtime collaborator Mick Harvey, and the first entirely co-written by Ellis and Cave. You can read FL’s first impressions of the album here.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds supported by Mark Lanegan:

Tuesday, February 26 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Wednesday, February 27 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Thursday, February 28 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Saturday, March 2 – Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
    Sunday, March 3 – Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide – sold out
    Wednesday, March 6 – Red Hill Auditorium, Perth
    Friday, March 8 – Riverstage, Brisbane
    Saturday, March 9 – Emore Theatre, Sydney – sold out
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooowwww!!!

last time i was at the opera house it was to see ryan adams supported by jason isbell. which i have to point out was feb 28 LAST year. i was thrilled with that double act but this one.. as you said... Wooooooooooooooooooooooowwww!!!

im having a real good first half of 2013. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Booked tickets for the Edinburgh date today!!! May get Glasgow too in the public sale tomorrow! Can't wait to see Nick again and would love to see Lanegan support but that's not likely to happen in the UK. What a night that would be though!! :shock:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Have fun, everyone! (*cries of jealousy :D )
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    London night 1 and Manchester for me :D

My most anticipated gig of the year.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Seeing both Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Grinderman during second weekend of Coachella will be amazing . Can't wait !
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    He will even be coming here, in Nov, so I'll have to be patient, but I can't wait to see him again, it's been years!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    YAY! Got my new vinyl copy of Push the Sky Away today & spinning it now!! :D

Got a code for an mp3 download too. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Nick Cave's doing a signing at Amoeba in Hollywood on Friday. Limited to the first 100 people who purchased the new album at their store.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    How good is Nick Cave?? Still need to pick me up his latest, but got these two beauties in the last couple of weeks...

25ppls4.jpg
    2z51vth.jpg
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    reesdog wrote:
    How good is Nick Cave?? Still need to pick me up his latest, but got these two beauties in the last couple of weeks...

he is without peer imo.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Holy crap this is beyond awesome... Sold on first listen.

Higgs Bolson Blues is aces.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Stupid Amazon. I pre-ordered the LP & now it's delayed. :fp:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited February 2013
    I have a good friend that is looking for a single ticket to the Vancouver show.
    Can anyone help her out?
    I sure we can work out either a Paypal or PJ Merch trade.(I gots some stuff.. ;) )

I hear it's tough to get tickets but I hope someone has an extra.
    It's April,6 at the Vogue.

PM if interested.
    I'm on the List and live on the "Island"
    Thanks for the help guys!
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    :corn:

• Options
    Last night's show available for 24 hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fymChgeO00g

ALSO

If you're in town for Nick Cave Mark Lanegan has announced a solo show in Melbourne. Just him and David Rosser. Brilliant show, I saw him do this in 2010 and would highly recommend going but if you're going to Nick then you'll see him all the same.

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/tournew ... bourne.htm
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    ^^^Thanks for that!! Listening to it now.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Yay! Listening/watching now. Cool. :D

**PLEASE announce an NZ date Nick**
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Jeez, loving this show!! Love when the older stuff kicks in in the 2nd half too. :-D
    <hr>
  • Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    I have a good friend that is looking for a single ticket to the Vancouver show.
    Can anyone help her out?
    I sure we can work out either a Paypal or PJ Merch trade.(I gots some stuff.. ;) )

I hear it's tough to get tickets but I hope someone has an extra.
    It's April,6 at the Vogue.

PM if interested.
    I'm on the List and live on the "Island"
    Thanks for the help guys!

Checking In.
    :corn:

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Pretty happy to get these two badboy's recently...
    dpahcy.jpg
    282dwko.jpg
    This is a Holy Grail for me and was lucky enough to get this off a great fella from the 10 Club... IL266460, legend! :D
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    I don't know if anybody has mentioned this already, but the scenes with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in Wim Wenders excellent "Wings of Desire" are great. Seen it a bunch of times. Great movie, great music. And Peter Falk thought his part in it was his finest work- I agree!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Nick Cave is awesome!! Can't wait to get his new album!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    dpahcy.jpg
    282dwko.jpg
    This is a Holy Grail for me and was lucky enough to get this off a great fella from the 10 Club... IL266460, legend! :D

:o I'm so jealous! Of both, but especially the Best Of; that's the album that turned me into an obsessed fan. Nice! :)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    dpahcy.jpg
    282dwko.jpg

:o I'm so jealous! Of both, but especially the Best Of; that's the album that turned me into an obsessed fan. Nice! :)
    I hear ya, it's a beauty alright. Have you heard the new album? Fuck it's good...
  • Options
    Just scored tickets for Seattle. Last minute road trip for me! :D:D
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    How do you interpret the new album cover?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How do you interpret the new album cover?

Well hello :) I know that his wife is Susie Bick (who also appears on the cover of The best of Roxy Music) and I read a recent interview with NC where he says he doesn't love the picture. Apparently his wife was being photographed and he walked into the room.