Options

Nick Cave thread

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    about time bad seeds! pumped! been too long since I have seen them live (2007) in Adelaide.. hoping for a philly date. .
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    hopefully they'll come over here too
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    I got this yesterday on vinyl... I'm a bit late on it i know, but, have any of you heard this?? Fuck it's good!
    24l3ss9.jpg
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^I haven't heard that one(a bit slow on it too). I definitely will check it out. With Marbecks closing down sale this week :cry: I'll see what they have in stock going cheap. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    reesdog wrote:
    I got this yesterday on vinyl... I'm a bit late on it i know, but, have any of you heard this?? Fuck it's good!
    24l3ss9.jpg

NICE. Grinderman 2 was pretty good, I think I still like the first one better though. And I'm glad he's back and focusing on the Bad Seeds again :D
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
  • Options
    ^^^^^ PLEASE add an NZ date Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just putting it out to the world!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Bump for some North American dates

http://www.nickcave.com/news/north-amer ... announced/

Edit: UK and Euro tour details to be announced early 2013 :D
  • Options
    damn so many shows to go to in the next month and now NICK CAVE! Already got tickets to three shows doubt I can make it.. but hoping it doesn't sell out and can buy tickets in the new year...

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options

brooding and classic nick cave.. loving it.

• Options
    West Coast tour please! :D
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    West Coast tour please! :D

my thoughts exactly!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    morello wrote:
    ^^^I haven't heard that one(a bit slow on it too). I definitely will check it out. With Marbecks closing down sale this week :cry: I'll see what they have in stock going cheap. :)

Went to that Marbeck's, zero vinyl going cheap, stingy bastards!
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Went to that Marbeck's, zero vinyl going cheap, stingy bastards!
    Yeah I didn't see anything on sale when I was there on Monday actually. :? :cry: :evil:
    <hr>
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    feb 28. sydney opera house...with the sydney symphony. sweet! :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

:shock: JEALOUS.
  • Options
    Great, great album :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

+1

I've got the vinyl of the new album on pre-order. I wonder when it'll arrive. :?
    <hr>
  • Options
    New album out this Friday & pre release stream available here:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... way-stream
    I haven't listened yet, other than to We Know Who You Are & Jubilee Street coz I want to wait for the full glory on vinyl for my 1st full listen. Hoping the vinyl arrives soon!
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    New album out this Friday & pre release stream available here:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... way-stream
    I haven't listened yet, other than to We Know Who You Are & Jubilee Street coz I want to wait for the full glory on vinyl for my 1st full listen. Hoping the vinyl arrives soon!

Oh yeah! Between this and Bowie's new album next month, I'll be in heaven. Yessssss :D
  • Options
    Mark Lanegan is supporting Nick Cave on some of his Australian dates. Lucky guys :D

Gonna try and get London tickets for Saturday night.
  • Options
    Mark Lanegan is supporting Nick Cave on some of his Australian dates. Lucky guys :D

where did you read this?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

where did you read this?

I think Lanegan did some music for the Lawless Soundtrack, and I read an interview with Nick where he talks fondly of him, so I wouldn't be surprised. ;)
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

wow, very jealous! :D
  • Options

where did you read this?

Nick Cave's mailing list so 100% official.

Mark Lanegan has been announced as a special guest for some dates on the upcoming Australian leg of the tour. Lanegan will play at:

2 March - Sidney Myer MB, Melbourne, VIC

3 March - Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide, NSW

6 March - Red Hill Auditorium, Perth, WA

8 March - Riverstage, Brisbane, QLD

9 March - Enmore Theatre, Sydney, NSW

Also there is a live stream of the show on the 21st Feb.

A rare Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ live streamed performance from the Fonda Theatre, LA on 21 February will be hosted on the newly launched Rockfeedback Youtube channel. This exclusive sold out show marks the release of Push The Sky Away worldwide. Rockfeedback are also joining up with Spotify on the live stream so you can watch the show in real time on Spotify.
  • Options
    I'll definitely be checking out the webcast, or seeeing if I can, especially with NO NZ DATES SCHEDULED!!! :cry::cry:
    <hr>
  • Options

where did you read this?

Nick Cave's mailing list so 100% official.

Mark Lanegan has been announced as a special guest for some dates on the upcoming Australian leg of the tour. Lanegan will play at:

2 March - Sidney Myer MB, Melbourne, VIC

3 March - Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide, NSW

6 March - Red Hill Auditorium, Perth, WA

8 March - Riverstage, Brisbane, QLD

9 March - Enmore Theatre, Sydney, NSW

Also there is a live stream of the show on the 21st Feb.

A rare Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ live streamed performance from the Fonda Theatre, LA on 21 February will be hosted on the newly launched Rockfeedback Youtube channel. This exclusive sold out show marks the release of Push The Sky Away worldwide. Rockfeedback are also joining up with Spotify on the live stream so you can watch the show in real time on Spotify.

thanks for that. boo no lanegan for me. :( maybe hell do some sideshows. im free march 11-17th. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    this just popped up on my FB feed.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/loc ... ds-support

The forthcoming Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds tour has just got a little bit more special with the announcement of Mark Lanegan as the opening act in all cities.

The Bad Seeds, which currently features Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, Jim Sclavunos, Thomas Wydler, Martyn Casey, Ed Kuepper and Conway Savage are due to play shows in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and two shows at the Sydney Opera House next month. While a 12-piece choir had already been confirmed for the Opera House shows, string members from the Melbourne and Queensland Symphony Orchestra have now been added to the gigs in their respective hometowns as well.

Lanegan was last in Australia to reopen Melbourne’s Ding Dong Lounge with an exclusive one-off acoustic show, however he also played a full run of dates with his band in early 2012 to show off songs from his critically acclaimed Blues Funeral album.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seed’s 15th studio album Push The Sky Away is due out today. It’s the first record since the departure of longtime collaborator Mick Harvey, and the first entirely co-written by Ellis and Cave. You can read FL’s first impressions of the album here.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds supported by Mark Lanegan:

Tuesday, February 26 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Wednesday, February 27 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Thursday, February 28 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney – sold out
    Saturday, March 2 – Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
    Sunday, March 3 – Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide – sold out
    Wednesday, March 6 – Red Hill Auditorium, Perth
    Friday, March 8 – Riverstage, Brisbane
    Saturday, March 9 – Emore Theatre, Sydney – sold out
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day