Options

SOUNDGARDEN - KING ANIMAL - Nov 13 2012

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    For those in LA, Soundgarden will be playing Jimmy Kimmel Live on Monday 11/26, the day before the Fonda show.

Free Tickets available here: http://1iota.com/show/view/Jimmy_Kimmel_Live
  • Options
    They have to come down to San Diego!!! :cry: I'll be spinning this vinyl in about 5 days now, can't wait! :D
  • Options
    not impressed no winnipeg date. I don't really want to drive to Minnie in mid winter.
    I imagine that would be a wretched drive. Hopefully they announce something closer to you in the near future.

it can be, depending on how icy the roads are. just from her to grand forks can be a bitch in winter. hell, just driving IN winnipeg can be a bitch in winter!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Here's the complete list of dates:

FRI 18 JANUARY
    DAR Constitution Hall Washington, DC, US

SAT 19 JANUARY
    Tower Theatre Upper Darby, PA, US

SUN 20 JANUARY
    Orpheum Theatre Boston, MA, US

TUE 22 JANUARY
    HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM at Manhattan Center New York, NY, US

WED 23 JANUARY
    HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM at Manhattan Center New York, NY, US

FRI 25 JANUARY
    Sound Academy Toronto, ON, Canada

SAT 26 JANUARY
    Sound Academy Toronto, ON, Canada

SUN 27 JANUARY
    The Filmore Detroit, MI, US

TUE 29 JANUARY
    Riviera Theatre Chicago, IL, US

WED 30 JANUARY
    Riviera Theatre Chicago, IL, US

FRI 1 FEBRUARY
    Eagles Ballroom, The Rave/Eagles Club Milwaukee, WI, US

SAT 2 FEBRUARY
    Orpheum Theatre Minneapolis, MN, US

WED 6 FEBRUARY
    Eagles Ballroom, The Rave/Eagles Club Milwaukee, WI, US
    Looks like they'll be driving through CT after MA to get to NYC. Could have made a stop at the Bushnell.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    Here's the complete list of dates:

SAT 19 JANUARY
    Tower Theatre Upper Darby, PA, US

:mrgreen: nice early b-day present.

If anybody is looking to get me a birthday gift, this will do 5.gif;)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I thought this thread is meant to be about the album not the tour....
    :fp:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

does it really matter? :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

I was hoping to read feedback on the album not who is getting tickets.
    I think there is already a thread for their shows.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Two more Soundgarden shows in Toronto in January at the Sound Academy? Fuck, my wallet is going to hate me.

Nice. I feel better. hehe

Hey, if you need help with that wallet, I could take one of your Phoenix tickets. :D
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options

I was hoping to read feedback on the album not who is getting tickets.
    I think there is already a thread for their shows.

i don't see any threads about a tour, but feel free to make one :) :corn:

People had feedback on the album, mostly positive. probably a few pages back.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Yeah I know, read them.
    I am the only one here without a glowing feedback on the album.
    Anyone agree with me?
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Yeah I know, read them.
    Anyone agree with me?

I guess not everyone likes it but I've not heard much negative said so far. I've personally only listened through once on the NME stream and heard a few songs more than once but I'm with the positives. I had low expectations for it in the first place (15 years seemed too long for me) but it has more than surpassed them. The last time I enjoyed Matt playing on an album was Riot Act but King Animal is just the kind of album that can hopefully inspire a more challenging PJ album next time. Do you like the album just not love it or are you simply unimpressed? For me it sounds really creative and fresh and like a real follow up to Down On The Upside. I think it'll get better with more listens too but it does have one or two weaker moments and could probably have been a fraction shorter.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    Yeah I know, read them.
    Anyone agree with me?
    I already said I really really love the album (I think it's okay people are expressing excitement about the album tour in the album thread btw ;) ). I am VERY pleasantly surprised by the album... I admit my expectation were fairly low, and very misguided! I think it kicks ass. :) The only thing I'm slightly bummed about is the fact that they made the LP a 2-disc album. I hate that. Why is everyone doing that now? It's a drag to have to change the record every 3 songs. I understand that the quality is presumed to be better, but seriously, the difference is completely negligible IMHO Some VERY serious audiophiles might disagree with me, but it bugs me. A normal length album should just be on one LP!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Yeah I know, read them.
    Anyone agree with me?

I guess not everyone likes it but I've not heard much negative said so far. I've personally only listened through once on the NME stream and heard a few songs more than once but I'm with the positives. I had low expectations for it in the first place (15 years seemed too long for me) but it has more than surpassed them. The last time I enjoyed Matt playing on an album was Riot Act but King Animal is just the kind of album that can hopefully inspire a more challenging PJ album next time. Do you like the album just not love it or are you simply unimpressed? For me it sounds really creative and fresh and like a real follow up to Down On The Upside. I think it'll get better with more listens too but it does have one or two weaker moments and could probably have been a fraction shorter.

I will keep listening to it. Hopefully I love it, right now I am not blown away.
    I like it but not a lot.
    I feel it is too short in length, it is over before you know it.
    First time I heard Louder Than Love, Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, and Down On The Upside I was blown away, I didn't get that with this album.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    I love it!

I've listened to this album like 5 times in the last 3 days!!

Their Back Baby!!

Matty C Kills on this Album!!

Great Comeback!!
    Play it LOUD!!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Listening to it again, not paying too much attention to the lyrics at this stage, trying to absorb the sounds first.

I love how 'By Crooked Steps' starts. It is all quiet then bursts out with this odd rhythm.

I like these songs most:

By Crooked Steps
    A Thousand Days Before
    Attrition
    Eyelid's Mouth
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,171
    Going to Letterman Monday :mrgreen:

New record is sweet.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Yeah I know, read them.
    Anyone agree with me?

I'm with you. There are a few standout tracks, but overall there's alot of middle of the road, almost uncompleted ideas. I find it all listenable and after a couple listens I thought there might be some growers, but after a few more times through quite a bit of it I feel like skipping ahead or going back to the few that I really like. Never been the biggest SG fan, but could always see why people thought they were a great band and why songs were great even when I didn't latch onto them. I think if Live to Rise wasn't attached to Avengers and instead was on this album, people would be calling it a masterpiece, judging by the reaction to King Animal in this thread. To me it's one of the more realized out of any of their recent tunes.

The most positive thing I can say for it is that it does retain quite a bit of what makes SG, SG. Something I find completely lacking in a certain other Seattle band featuring Matt Cameron.

I think a few more tunes will grow on me once I get a proper copy of the album, with proper sound quality, but I don't think it's some major triumphant return to their past glory.
  • Options
    W.M.EhW.M.Eh Posts: 133
    DewieCox wrote:
    Yeah I know, read them.
    Anyone agree with me?

I'm with you. There are a few standout tracks, but overall there's alot of middle of the road, almost uncompleted ideas. I find it all listenable and after a couple listens I thought there might be some growers, but after a few more times through quite a bit of it I feel like skipping ahead or going back to the few that I really like. Never been the biggest SG fan, but could always see why people thought they were a great band and why songs were great even when I didn't latch onto them. I think if Live to Rise wasn't attached to Avengers and instead was on this album, people would be calling it a masterpiece, judging by the reaction to King Animal in this thread. To me it's one of the more realized out of any of their recent tunes.

The most positive thing I can say for it is that it does retain quite a bit of what makes SG, SG. Something I find completely lacking in a certain other Seattle band featuring Matt Cameron.

I think a few more tunes will grow on me once I get a proper copy of the album, with proper sound quality, but I don't think it's some major triumphant return to their past glory.

I don't believe that King Animal touches SuperUnknown or Badmotorfinger in terms of putting Soundgarden back to where they were in the 90's. However, I do feel that they have produced a solid album which to me is better than anything Chris did with Audioslave or solo and could easily have been released in 1998 as a follow up to Down On The Upside.

I am very glad I saw them at Molson Park in Barrie ON back in 1996 as I don't think these newly announced shows in Toronto are going to fit in with my x-mas spending, that being said I am very VERY glad to have a new Soundgarden album to listen to FINALLY! :D
    The last PJ show I went to was the best PJ show ever, that is until they come around again of course

• Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I tend to like the new RNDM album better...
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Yeah I know, read them.
    Anyone agree with me?

It seems like an average pretty good Soundgarden album. I was hoping for more...This questions leads me to ask more questions? I think it is great for MC. Would much rather listen to any PJ album even backspacer
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    So, when do we get the details for the presale? I plan to buy tix on Monday for Boston! :shock:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    awilkins wrote:
    So, when do we get the details for the presale? I plan to buy tix on Monday for Boston! :shock:
    Good question!
    I know one detail... $80 (or was it $90??) a ticket. :shock: :shock: Wtf. Not even a chance for GA. It's at the opera house, basically. :| I am sure it will be a good show, but I wish they had picked a venue where it could be more of a party, with GA. Sigh. Oh well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    Good question!
    I know one detail... $80 (or was it $90??) a ticket. :shock: :shock: Wtf. Not even a chance for GA. It's at the opera house, basically. :| I am sure it will be a good show, but I wish they had picked a venue where it could be more of a party, with GA. Sigh. Oh well.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/010049 ... orcatid=60

$68USD for Boston.

Assume we'll get emailed a password. If only the presale was a little earlier in the morning...
  • Options
    The band has announced a commemorative poster art design contest for the tour, asking fans to use the album title as the theme to create a ferocious and primal design that embodies the untamed disposition of a "King Animal." The deadline for submission is December 21st. For more information, go to www.creativeallies.com.

Check out my design and if you like it vote for it!

http://creativeallies.com/creations/sp5 ... ommemora...

Soundgarden once described themselves as "...a tear from an eye...dreaming."This image visually represents that dream. Thanks and good luck to the contributors!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Yeah I know, read them.
    Anyone agree with me?

I respect your opinions, but disagree about Live to Rise. That song in a stinker and would be even worse if it were slapped in the middle of King Animal. I'm not calling this album a masterpiece, but it's really damn good (IMO) and exceeded my expectations, especially after being largely underwhelmed by Been Away Too Long (which now sounds better in the context of the album, but still not great). Halfway There is also a terrible choice for this album, completely breaks up the flow--but has anyone heard the preview of the demo? It sounds A LOT better.

That being said there are 11 really strong tracks on this album that I'm loving more and more with each listen. I've been completely blown away by A Thousand Days Before, such an amazing song. That and Taree can easily stand up to their best stuff right now, again only my opinion. Glad to see so many folks are at least enjoying this album in some regard despite the obscenely high expectations.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    Good question!

i was wondering this too. I thought i missed the promo code or something
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Just had my second listen and count me in as one who is not blown away. Most songs are just unmemorable. Definitely a follow-up to Down On The Upside. I think the time has past for something similar to Badmotorfinger or Superunknown. I didn't care for Been Away Too Long at first but hearing it amongst all the other tracks it's actually one of the better ones.

Other songs I like:

Non-State Actor
    Bones Of Birds
    Taree
    Worse Dreams
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    'Rowing' sounded amazing last night at Shepherds Bush
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Brilliant record, top to bottom. Welcome back Soundgarden!!
    www.cluthelee.com