uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    snipes824 wrote:
    NYC sold out in negative 2 seconds.

Fuckers.
    Keep positive, there's always tomorrow.
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    I'm in for LA too!!!
    That damn capcha stuff is getting harder and harder though. Took 2 tries - my husband tried 20 times without matching (time for new glasses). Was hoping for an extra for our teenager. Oh well I'm still STOKED. Went there for Paul Simon - line was really long to get in since they also did the ID check and were NOT prepared for it - hope they plan better this time.
    It's a great venue - so SMALL!!
  • Options
    Here's to tomorrow....

Love the one Craigslist and the comment about the lowballers at the amphitheatre in the summer.
    Hope the fuckers all get stuck with the tix that I would've liked.
    Hope they enjoy the show.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    Here's to tomorrow....

Love the one Craigslist and the comment about the lowballers at the amphitheatre in the summer.

I was sooo pissed when i saw this on craigslist. I am so tempted to just message the guy and say "fuck you". I love how he's acting like HE got ripped off last time when clearly he is a lowly POS scalper.

Lot of unhappy soundgarden fans. Some ppl are suggesting it was all just a marketing gimmick to sell the cd. I happen to be in agreement.

Good luck everyone tomorrow.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    Listening to the free stream of the album for the second time today... REALLY ENJOYING IT!!! I'm relieved. I was worried that they wouldn't sounds like Soundgarden anymore, with so much time and different experiences during their hiatus. But they sounds just like Soundgarden always sounded - it's actually kind of a blast from the past even though it's all brand new music, which is awesome! :) I pre-ordered the vinyl after my first listen.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    moses-i wrote:
    Here's to tomorrow....

I was sooo pissed when i saw this on craigslist. I am so tempted to just message the guy and say "fuck you". I love how he's acting like HE got ripped off last time when clearly he is a lowly POS scalper.

Lot of unhappy soundgarden fans. Some ppl are suggesting it was all just a marketing gimmick to sell the cd. I happen to be in agreement.

Good luck everyone tomorrow.

My cousin was saying the same thing. I guess anything is possible.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    I actually scored for nyc and I'm amazed, but I got an email to print my tix...I'm hearing here that its will call. I'm confused.
  • Options
    So what's the deal here? They're taking a page from the PJ play book when it comes to announcing their tour dates? Just a few at a time? Or am I missing something (I AM a scatter brain today, so it's possible!)? Why only 4 dates??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,898
    edited November 2012
    This is just a short run of shows for the album release. Guessing there's a full scale tour in the new year as there's some sort of announcement upcoming with Mudhoney opening for them in Seattle in February.

Check that: Looks like Mudhoney is playing with the Sonics from the looks of their Facebook page.

PJ_Soul wrote:
    So what's the deal here? They're taking a page from the PJ play book when it comes to announcing their tour dates? Just a few at a time? Or am I missing something (I AM a scatter brain today, so it's possible!)? Why only 4 dates??
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212
    Did anyone from the UK catch them on Later with Jools Holland on Tuesday? They played been away too long and rusty cage
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    kinganimalcd2.jpg

I got my copy this morning, listening to it now.
    I had to ask for it, it wasn't on the shelf.
    One guy didn't know who they are, asked me what kind of music they play :roll:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    The Aussie release has 5 bonus tracks.
    Demos?

Yep.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    lyears wrote:
    Did anyone from the UK catch them on Later with Jools Holland on Tuesday? They played been away too long and rusty cage
    Been Away Too Long
    http://youtu.be/YH2Lmq2IoDA

Rusty Cage
    http://youtu.be/3JfiAUnUIq8

So good to see them back :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Listened to the full album on an itunes free stream. Pre-ordered my album, can't wait till it comes in :D
  • Options
    kinganimalcd2.jpg

I got my copy this morning, listening to it now.
    I had to ask for it, it wasn't on the shelf.
    One guy didn't know who they are, asked me what kind of music they play :roll:
    If I went into a music store and they didn't know who SG was, I'd leave and find a new music store to shop at! :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    If anyone has a spare Irving Plaza ticket please PM. :D
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Blood on the Valley Floor just soars.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Listened to the album today and HOLY CRAP I am so blown away. This just straight up rocks. In your face SG, just how I like it!! This record is massive. The only song I'm not too big on is Rowing. Other than that, absolutely tremendous record!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Just picked up my CD & will be spinning tonight!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    I scored 2 for Toronto too! Whoohoo!!!
    Congrats! It's going to be one hell of a show!

Thanks! Right back atcha! Yes it's going to be EPIC! I am sooo stoked!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    samjam wrote:
    Listened to the album today and HOLY CRAP I am so blown away. This just straight up rocks. In your face SG, just how I like it!! This record is massive. The only song I'm not too big on is Rowing. Other than that, absolutely tremendous record!

Rowing is a grower... first time i heard it sounded like something off of mark lanegans blues funeral or bubblegum... first half is a little droning but once kim comes in with that guitar and chris hits falsetto "keeeeeeeeeep" i was like :o :shock:

all in all brilliant album!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    If anyone would like to help me fight (or at least annoy) the scalping industry, go on craigslist, look for sellers trying to offload SG tickets for Toronto (or, really, any show), and email or send a text (via freetxt.ca, or an alternative) to the seller. I'll even offer up my script, which I have taken to copying to send out to a few people posting that the shows are sold out: "Nice of you to LIE to buyers - SCALPER SCUM! THIS IS NOT SOLD OUT, AND I HOPE YOU CAN'T GET RID OF YOUR TICKET, YOU WORM"

Little harsh, but scalpers really grind my gears.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    A local radio station played the album in full, so I took an extended route on my drive home. King Animal has aced the car test. I fucking love this album!
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    If anyone would like to help me fight (or at least annoy) the scalping industry, go on craigslist, look for sellers trying to offload SG tickets for Toronto (or, really, any show), and email or send a text (via freetxt.ca, or an alternative) to the seller. I'll even offer up my script, which I have taken to copying to send out to a few people posting that the shows are sold out: "Nice of you to LIE to buyers - SCALPER SCUM! THIS IS NOT SOLD OUT, AND I HOPE YOU CAN'T GET RID OF YOUR TICKET, YOU WORM"

I wonder if any of those douchebags know that they have to go straight inside after picking up their tix so if they were gonna sell and leave they will be f-ed cause they will have to use one ticket themselves.

Listening to the new album now. Listening to On Crooked Steps now. I am liking what I hear so far.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

I just finished listening to the album and I totally agree with you. Rowing isn't doing it for me either, but I've only listened to it the one time so I'm not going to write it off just yet.
    The second half drags a little so I might have put the tracks in a different order but I really like the album.
    We'll see after a few more listens if my opinion changes.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

I completely understand your intent and frustration (which I share), but I am unfortunately close to a professional scalper aka ticket dealer (my best friend's bro), and trust me, such messages will do nothing to scalpers. They will scoff, roll their eyes, and continue doing what they're doing without shame. They literally consider it legit business, and do not and never will think of themselves as scum. They sleep soundly. I'm sorry to say that you are wasting your time with such emails. :( The ONLY thing that will help is people not buying their tickets, which will NEVER happen (if we don't there are always tons of others who will), or legislation that makes organized ticket reselling illegal... so really the best way to fight this fight is to start an organized fight involving changing the law (I don't fucking known how one would go about doing that).

Fuckin' scalpers.
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

I just finished listening to the album and I totally agree with you. Rowing isn't doing it for me either, but I've only listened to it the one time so I'm not going to write it off just yet.
    The second half drags a little so I might have put the tracks in a different order but I really like the album.
    We'll see after a few more listens if my opinion changes.

No love for Rowing? Right now it's one of my favorites on the album, such a catchy, interesting groove and the lyrics stick in my head.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    benjs wrote:

I completely understand your intent and frustration (which I share), but I am unfortunately close to a professional scalper aka ticket dealer (my best friend's bro), and trust me, such messages will do nothing to scalpers. They will scoff, roll their eyes, and continue doing what they're doing without shame. They literally consider it legit business, and do not and never will think of themselves as scum. They sleep soundly. I'm sorry to say that you are wasting your time with such emails. :( The ONLY thing that will help is people not buying their tickets, which will NEVER happen (if we don't there are always tons of others who will), or legislation that makes organized ticket reselling illegal... so really the best way to fight this fight is to start an organized fight involving changing the law (I don't fucking known how one would go about doing that).

Fuckin' scalpers.

There ARE laws in place in some cities, BUT they aren't enforced so the ticket brokers (aka scalpers) continue business as usual. I think it's technically illegal here in Toronto but the cops don't do shit about it.
    It's even WORSE in Montreal. I've seen near fist fights in lineups for ticket drops cause the scalpers cut the line and since they know security and box office people they get away with it.
    The only city that won't stand for that kinda shit is Cleveland. They make the scalpers stand across the street (cops make sure they stay there too) and if they see the scalpers in the box office line they don't let them up to the window (witnessed that first hand at a U2 show on the Vertigo tour). it's great!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Fuckin' scalpers.

There ARE laws in place in some cities, BUT they aren't enforced so the ticket brokers (aka scalpers) continue business as usual. I think it's technically illegal here in Toronto but the cops don't do shit about it.
    It's even WORSE in Montreal. I've seen near fist fights in lineups for ticket drops cause the scalpers cut the line and since they know security and box office people they get away with it.
    The only city that won't stand for that kinda shit is Cleveland. They make the scalpers stand across the street (cops make sure they stay there too) and if they see the scalpers in the box office line they don't let them up to the window (witnessed that first hand at a U2 show on the Vertigo tour). it's great!
    It may be illegal to stand outside the venue is some places (not n Vancouver - totally legal as long as they're not on venue property). But established onlne ticket resellers are and will remain the main problem (that what my friend does I'm afraid, as the owner of a major ticket broker company in Vancouver - he started with 10 hockey tickets 8 years ago, and is now ripping off people internationally and living the good life... it is so hard to keepy lip buttoned about it!), and that's not illegal anywhere as far as I know. Perfectly legitimate businesses... and man do they clean up!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    goldrush wrote:

Thank you goldrush! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024