Applications for ANDROID

Comments

• "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • :corn:
  • :D
  • :)
  • :mrgreen:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Ok
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Probably someone's already said it, but Shazam is AMAZING! :)
    It works exactly as they say it does, and this is what they say:

Shazam a song to get:
    • Lyrics to songs
    • Choice of videos to watch on YouTube
    • iTunes link to buy the song
    • Options to share with Shazam Friends
    • Tour information about the artist and MORE!
    Shazam a TV show to get:
    • Music in the broadcast
    • Celebrity Buzz
    • Cast photos and bios
    • Latest Tweets
    • Trivia
    • Show info via IMDB, Wikipedia and MORE!

There is also an option to get emails that send you stuff like concert info or new album updates on the artists you tag, etc...

"Shazaming" is just turning on the function in the app, and holding up the phone so it can hear the song or show. Wow. The shit people invent is sometimes shocking. I tried it at an arena concert last week during the music between the opener and headliner - so tons of background noise - and it worked perfectly; immediately told me what song was playing in there. :) One thing I don't know is just how extensive the list that they pull from are... Just how obscure can the music be where it still names it? I don't know.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Probably someone's already said it, but Shazam is AMAZING! :)
    It works exactly as they say it does, and this is what they say:

Shazam a song to get:
    • Lyrics to songs
    • Choice of videos to watch on YouTube
    • iTunes link to buy the song
    • Options to share with Shazam Friends
    • Tour information about the artist and MORE!
    Shazam a TV show to get:
    • Music in the broadcast
    • Celebrity Buzz
    • Cast photos and bios
    • Latest Tweets
    • Trivia
    • Show info via IMDB, Wikipedia and MORE!

There is also an option to get emails that send you stuff like concert info or new album updates on the artists you tag, etc...

"Shazaming" is just turning on the function in the app, and holding up the phone so it can hear the song or show. Wow. The shit people invent is sometimes shocking. I tried it at an arena concert last week during the music between the opener and headliner - so tons of background noise - and it worked perfectly; immediately told me what song was playing in there. :) One thing I don't know is just how extensive the list that they pull from are... Just how obscure can the music be where it still names it? I don't know.
    thanks!
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Ok, I'm thinking of going vinyl(home) & .flac(on my phone) formats for my music but have been using doubletwist on my SGS2 for music & it doesn't support flac. Does anyone have any experience in this? I've read poweramp for android is the way to go but anyone tried it? TIA. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • 8-)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Anybody use a launcher like Nova?

Want to know real world reviews to see if it's really worth getting or not.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    i just learned that android is no longer supporting flash. :fp:

gotta back door it onto the woman's tablet now. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:

2007 called. It wants its flash back.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    81 wrote:

2007 called. It wants its flash back.

if websites weren't running it, i wouldn't really care.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    playing fartfish with my nephew.. :lol:
    That was easy....xda is the best
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    SwiftKey

Amazing keyboard app! Using it right now and I'm typing about five times faster than before and I'm not even remotely used to it. Still a minor learning curve, but not really. Just swipe around the keyboard and it works great. Actually, I can hardly believe it. It almost seems like it's reading my mind. You don't even have to use the space bar. Finally I can actually type easily with one hand on my phone. I know I sound like an ad for the app, but I am just so impressed! :lol: also, one month free trial. After that, $3.99. Totally worth it. Yes, here and there you have to correct, but not much. Far superior to the usual predictive text.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited March 2013
    ^^^^ I use TouchPal keyboard for swype texting/writing & find it great & it was free so perhaps try that one rather than paying? Just a thought. :)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I use the flashlight app everyday.

The zippo app is kind of neat and new. Fun at concerts.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    SwiftKey

Amazing keyboard app! Using it right now and I'm typing about five times faster than before and I'm not even remotely used to it. Still a minor learning curve, but not really. Just swipe around the keyboard and it works great. Actually, I can hardly believe it. It almost seems like it's reading my mind. You don't even have to use the space bar. Finally I can actually type easily with one hand on my phone. I know I sound like an ad for the app, but I am just so impressed! :lol: also, one month free trial. After that, $3.99. Totally worth it. Yes, here and there you have to correct, but not much. Far superior to the usual predictive text.

now why would you need to type one handed. :think:

i'm happy with the base keyboard.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    SwiftKey

now why would you need to type one handed. :think:
    Masturbation. Obviously.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Masturbation. Obviously.
    No Shit Sherlock !!! :lol::lol::lol:
    anything new?any app for free texts?