12 killed, 50 injured in Colorado theater

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    chadwick wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i made the mistake of turning on the news this morning...a reporter told the story of a 14 year old boy who ran from the theater when the shooting started...he then realized his parents were still inside...so he went back in to find his dad dragging his shot mother...so the boy went and found another victim and pulled her out

no 14 year old should have to experience this

ever
    wow. is the mom alive? that boy is very brave

yeah she was shot in the leg...all 3 are safe
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    good
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    One of my first reactions when I heard a 4 month old baby had been shot was "what was a 4 month old doing at a midnight movie?" Then I realized that question really has no place in the conversation about the tragedy. The baby wasn't shot because of questionable parenting. The baby was shot because James Holmes apparently planned to do this for at least a couple of months. That's solely where the responsibility lies. These parents are no more responsible than the parents who dropped their kids at day care the day Timothy McVeigh decided to blow up a building. Questionable judgment? For sure. Responsible for their kid getting shot? No fucking way.

This was my initial reaction as well. Same with the other young children that were there. I reacted this way because I know that growing up, there's not a chance in hell my parents would have let me go to a midnight screening of this movie....hell, they probably wouldn't have let me see this movie at all when I was that young. But, I completely agree with what you are saying that that is a completely different topic here. The main concern is how some sick fuck like this was able to get these guns and pull off something like this. Hearing some of the specific stories from some of these people is heartbreaking.....it really makes you wonder what the fuck is happening to our society that people can't even feel safe now going to a movie.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    One of my first reactions when I heard a 4 month old baby had been shot was "what was a 4 month old doing at a midnight movie?" Then I realized that question really has no place in the conversation about the tragedy. The baby wasn't shot because of questionable parenting. The baby was shot because James Holmes apparently planned to do this for at least a couple of months. That's solely where the responsibility lies. These parents are no more responsible than the parents who dropped their kids at day care the day Timothy McVeigh decided to blow up a building. Questionable judgment? For sure. Responsible for their kid getting shot? No fucking way.

This was my initial reaction as well. Same with the other young children that were there. I reacted this way because I know that growing up, there's not a chance in hell my parents would have let me go to a midnight screening of this movie....hell, they probably wouldn't have let me see this movie at all when I was that young. But, I completely agree with what you are saying that that is a completely different topic here. The main concern is how some sick fuck like this was able to get these guns and pull off something like this. Hearing some of the specific stories from some of these people is heartbreaking.....it really makes you wonder what the fuck is happening to our society that people can't even feel safe now going to a movie.

Right, and who knows what the family situation is etc., but no matter what should not be the focus.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    norm wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i made the mistake of turning on the news this morning...a reporter told the story of a 14 year old boy who ran from the theater when the shooting started...he then realized his parents were still inside...so he went back in to find his dad dragging his shot mother...so the boy went and found another victim and pulled her out

ever
    wow. is the mom alive? that boy is very brave

So glad they are all safe. How brave is that kid? Not only did he go back in for his parents, but he pulled another victim to safety. Wishing lots of healing for them as well.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:

ever

OMG.........HOLY SHIT........SO FUCKIN SAD...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I just heard about this today.Guts my soul at what happens in the world.Saddest story :(
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... ities?lite

They released the identities of the victims. Almost all of them were in their 20s. The youngest was a 6 year old girl.

I really just don't even have any words at this point. So sad.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    iamica wrote:
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/21/12858258-colorado-shooting-victims-idd-6-year-old-girl-sailor-among-fatalities?lite

They released the identities of the victims. Almost all of them were in their 20s. The youngest was a 6 year old girl.

I really just don't even have any words at this point. So sad.
    so sad...really..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    watching the first court hearing on the case.

the guy looks...so 'removed', not remorseful but more like he is sorry he was caught, or cannot believe that it isn't a 'bad dream'.

everything is so sad.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:

the guy looks...so 'removed', not remorseful but more like he is sorry he was caught, or cannot believe that it isn't a 'bad dream'.

everything is so sad.

He looks like he's drugged out of his mind.
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    RKCNDY wrote:

everything is so sad.

Either he hasn't slept for 3 days, or this is part of his plan.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Might just be a attempted piece of acting.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    But who gives a fuck why they were there? Why is it anyone's business to pass judgement of parents who are going through an absolute senseless tragedy. The young couple that was on Piers Morgan last night had many pictures of their young daughter dressed up like Batman. They were fucking wrecked and they all came out alive. Personally, if I had kids that age, I wouldn't allow them to see Batman nor would I take them to a movie at midnight, but without knowing the circumstances around their situation, it's no ones fucking business.

It's a fucking joke that the last 3 pages of this thread have been dominated by parenting conversation. It goes to show the fucking problems and priorities in this country. A severely mentally ill person was able to buy 4 guns (including an assault rifle that has exactly one purpose), full body armor, 6,000 fucking rounds of ammunition, was able to create synthetic napalm among many other explosive devices and people are worried about the fucking parents who had a kid there who's lives will never be the fucking same.

It's infuriating.

I am the one who brought up the parenting stuff. I agree that that is secondary here. In my defense I said the same exact thing that you just mentioned regarding the guns. The parenting comment was added after the fact.

First and foremost, the tragedy is awful. The shooter should be locked up for the rest of his life (how can someone even think about legally representing him??????). But there is no denying the fact that anyone who had a young child there is a moron (and I'm not saying anyone was justifiably injured...just that they need to re-evaluate their life priorities)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Ayf_hw5CUAEI49p.jpg:large
    is that the guy???i fuckin wanna puke....
    RKCNDY wrote:

everything is so sad.

Exactly my thought.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    god bless him, he took the time to dye his hair first.

I sure hope he doesn't go the same way as the Norway killer.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

everything is so sad.

Exactly my thought.

probably will refuse to eat as well...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Wow just watched the video. I don't even know what to say.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

everything is so sad.

He looks like he's drugged out of his mind.
    exactly. Like he's on heroin or oxy's. There a nod going on there. Seemed "lost" to the world.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Where u guys watching this?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    Where u guys watching this?

They had it live on TV. ABC is where I saw it. Sure any news site will have it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

thanks Mini :);)
    thanks Mini :);)
    you're welcome 8-)

• jail / isolation for 3 days can make anyone look fucked up (so i have heard) - and if its in your best interest to look fucked up then why try to hide it.
    This kid is super smart - so no matter what - he knew what he was doing .... is he insane -- yeah of course he is -- you have to be insane to kill innocent people. does he have a mental illness that stops him from understanding that what he did was wrong --- i doubt it.
    jail / isolation for 3 days can make anyone look fucked up (so i have heard) - and if its in your best interest to look fucked up then why try to hide it.
    This kid is super smart - so no matter what - he knew what he was doing .... is he insane -- yeah of course he is -- you have to be insane to kill innocent people. does he have a mental illness that stops him from understanding that what he did was wrong --- i doubt it.
    i agree with this
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Deadmau5 slams Playboy model for making 'Dark Knight Rises' shooting joke :clap::clap:
    12 people were killed in the tragic incident, which took place during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises at a cinema complex in Denver on July 20. On the same day as the tragedy, Playboy model Tricia Evans - who goes by the Twitter handle of @HollywoodTricia - posted the following tweet: "I heard the new Batman movie is really "to die for"! Too soon?"

Seven minutes later, Deadmau5 - aka Canadian producer Joel Zimmerman - expressed his disdain for her joke, tweeting: "good to know. @hollywoodtricia i seriously had no idea how big of a piece of shit you are. unfollowed.
    "
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Deadmau5 slams Playboy model for making 'Dark Knight Rises' shooting joke :clap::clap:
    12 people were killed in the tragic incident, which took place during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises at a cinema complex in Denver on July 20. On the same day as the tragedy, Playboy model Tricia Evans - who goes by the Twitter handle of @HollywoodTricia - posted the following tweet: "I heard the new Batman movie is really "to die for"! Too soon?"

Seven minutes later, Deadmau5 - aka Canadian producer Joel Zimmerman - expressed his disdain for her joke, tweeting: "good to know. @hollywoodtricia i seriously had no idea how big of a piece of shit you are. unfollowed.
    "

first rule of a 'joke' -- it has to be funny.
    saying the new batman is Killer or To die for -- is a joke any rookie could see coming a mile away