12 killed, 50 injured in Colorado theater

m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colora ... ?hpt=hp_t1

i just don't understand

my prayers are with you all
Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    some fucked up shit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    So horribly sad. My thoughts are with everyone impacted by this tragedy. Fuck :( What a horrific thing to do.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    What an awful story to wake up to. What the fuck is wrong with people???
  • this is our version of a suicide bomber. completely delusional man who clearly lost touch with reality.
    this makes me so sad an angry at the same time.
    i just keep thinking about the type of person who goes to see a new Batman movie at midnight and i feel like they are some of the most innocent people in the world - and this guy decided to act out his scene from a movie/video game on them.
    man this makes me so angry
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    what anyone can say...so sad...what the fuck is going on with people..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    this is our version of a suicide bomber. completely delusional man who clearly lost touch with reality.
    i just keep thinking about the type of person who goes to see a new Batman movie at midnight and i feel like they are some of the most innocent people in the world - and this guy decided to act out his scene from a movie/video game on them.

Or I fear it is possibly some Rush disciple gun-nut thinking he's carrying out the lord's work by putting a stop to liberal propoganda in the disguise of a major motiion picture. Pure speculation at this point, but I'm wondering what the profile on this dude reveals...
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    Snakeduck wrote:
    this is our version of a suicide bomber. completely delusional man who clearly lost touch with reality.

Or I fear it is possibly some Rush disciple gun-nut thinking he's carrying out the lord's work by putting a stop to liberal propoganda in the disguise of a major motiion picture. Pure speculation at this point, but I'm wondering what the profile on this dude reveals...

Or someone exposed to guns, and gun violence at an early age opposed to titties....I'm not tryin to be funny but wtf is wrong with the thinking in this country. Sex is a no no, violence is glorified

I'm also interested to hear what comes of this
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Or someone exposed to guns, and gun violence at an early age opposed to titties....I'm not tryin to be funny but wtf is wrong with the thinking in this country. Sex is a no no, violence is glorified

I'll take titties over guns...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    I am fucking speechless

http://deadspin.com/5927673/aspiring-sp ... ie-theater

Here is her full story about the mall shooting..

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com/20 ... -shooting/

How does that happen?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am fucking speechless

How does that happen?
    :cry::cry:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I'll take titties over guns...

I'm not for banning guns, even though I have no interest in them. But its outta control with the lobbyists putting selfish profits over peoples safety with the type of weopons available...I'd rather have my hands occupied by a pair of something else ;)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am fucking speechless

How does that happen?

Just saw that too. Man, that is fucked up. This whole thing is so disturbing.
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I'll take titties over guns...[/quote]

I'm not for banning guns, even though I have no interest in them. But its outta control with the lobbyists putting selfish profits over peoples safety with the type of weopons available...I'd rather have my hands occupied by a pair of something else ;)[/quote]

It is always easier to destroy something than it is to create something and I think that's why so many opt for that route. Takes about ten seconds to figure out a firearm well enough to kill yourself or somebody else, but playing a guitar takes time and practice. I can build a pipe bomb in a few minutes, but writing a novel is hard fucking work. It's easier to judge someone and automatically dislike them than it is to figure out what you might have in common...

I'm guilty of this behavior at times, but at least I try to be aware of it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    So i ask when is enough enough i mean when will the gun laws in this country be overhauled at what point does some fuck heads on Capitol hill say enough is enough , this is beyond fucked up fuck guns rifles assault weapons fuck all of them .... :twisted: fuck you NRA
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    So i ask when is enough enough i mean when will the gun laws in this country be overhauled at what point does some fuck heads on Capitol hill say enough is enough , this is beyond fucked up fuck guns rifles assault weapons fuck all of them .... :twisted: fuck you NRA

I agree.

As long as money comes from the NRA into their campaigns...fat chance. Its the system, we go around telling other countries they cant do this, cant do that..yet we have a hard time looking in the mirror to fix ourselves.

American exceptionalism is a problem...we dont think our shit stinks. Some even argue, this wouldnt happen if someone else was packing :? its a never ending battle. I love America but it has a problem. Not really guns...more people who have shit for brains running things
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    I just cant imagine...

You take your 9 year old child to go see the new Batman movie.
    Your child is excited all week long.
    You come home from work, you and your child go out for a big night.
    You are going to have fun and see a movie together...
    Eat some popcorn..
    Share some laughs together...
    A night to remember...

And now your 9 year old child is DEAD??
    Because some fucking LUNATIC showed up to the theater with an assault weapon?
    Its just so damned sad.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    I just cant imagine...

Eat some popcorn..
    A night to remember...

Its just so damned sad.

No kidding.

I also can't imagine the second guessing going on...I'm sure the parent gave some thought to taking their 9 year old to see this movie (violence) and probably especially to the late night showing.

I sure hope people don't lose sight of the fact that it was 1 crazy person's terrible decision and don't beat themselves up over this. Although, if I were the parent, I would beat myself up and it would drive me nuts.
    hippiemom = goodness
    I just cant imagine...

Eat some popcorn..
    A night to remember...

Its just so damned sad.

No kidding.

I also can't imagine the second guessing going on...I'm sure the parent gave some thought to taking their 9 year old to see this movie (violence) and probably especially to the late night showing.

I sure hope people don't lose sight of the fact that it was 1 crazy person's terrible decision and don't beat themselves up over this. Although, if I were the parent, I would beat myself up and it would drive me nuts.
    At the age of 9...
    My parents would not have let me go to a Midnight Movie....
    These parents will forever, right or wrong, hold themselves responsible.

The 9 year old should have been home in bed.
    ^ yea but remember Elizabeth Smart. She was kidnapped and subjected to rape and torture for months in her house in Utah of all paces.

Its natural to feel guilt, but its all a giant numbers game. We all can die in a million different ways
    Not sure how true this is but the latest update from NY Mag

Update, 11:10 a.m.: Reuters reports that the suspect's apartment has been rigged with "very sophisticated" explosives, and buildings in the surrounding area have been evacuated. The Aurora police chief said officers could be at the scene "for hours or days."

Holmes, according to reports, was a nueroscience graduate student at the University of Colorado, but withdrew last month. "The Holmes family is very upset about this," said a police spokesperson in California. "It's a tragic event. It's taken everyone by surprise."
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I just cant imagine...

Eat some popcorn..
    A night to remember...

Its just so damned sad.

No kidding.

At the age of 9...

It's crazy. Wasnt there a 6 yr old shot too? 6 and 9 yr old kids at a midnight until 3 am showing of a fucking movie!

This is all just about 1 mentally fucked in the head person going off the deep end. There is no predicting this or really stopping it.

Be prepared for movie theater security now and probly no more costumes at showings.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    At the age of 9...

I read there was a 3 month old infant who was shot. WTF are you doing with an infant at a midnight movie? Same with the 9 year old.
    Who gives a shit why they were there? They were there and they are dead, simple as that. I don't get who anyone is to judge anyone else's parenting in a situation like this. This could have happened at a noon showing today. Who gives a fuck why they were there?

Maybe the kid was the biggest Batman fan in the world and this was his birthday present. None of you know anything about the situation.

Stop making assumptions. Kids are dead, murdered by a sick fuck, and people are worried why they were at a midnight showing of a movie in the suburbs. There are a shit load of bigger issues than what a 9 year old was doing out at that time.
    At the age of 9...

I read there was a 3 month old infant who was shot. WTF are you doing with an infant at a midnight movie? Same with the 9 year old.
    Because Mommy and Daddy, who couldnt find a baby sitter on a Thursday night, but who ALSO couldnt just wait for the fucking weekend to go see their comic book movie.....

Decided to take the children...
    At the age of 9...

Because Mommy and Daddy, who couldnt find a baby sitter on a Thursday night, but who ALSO couldnt just wait for the fucking weekend to go see their comic book movie.....

Decided to take the children...

Who the fuck are you to pass judgement on it? You know nothing about the situation. Kids are dead, their lives over and you are passing judgement on the parents. What the fuck
    edited July 2012
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Who gives a shit why they were there? They were there and they are dead, simple as that. I don't get who anyone is to judge anyone else's parenting in a situation like this. This could have happened at a noon showing today. Who gives a fuck why they were there?

Maybe the kid was the biggest Batman fan in the world and this was his birthday present. None of you know anything about the situation.

Stop making assumptions. Kids are dead, murdered by a sick fuck, and people are worried why they were at a midnight showing of a movie in the suburbs. There are a shit load of bigger issues than what a 9 year old was doing out at that time.
    It didnt happen at noon...
    It happened at midnight...

I am allowed to ask why there are 6 and 9 year olds at a midnight movie.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It didnt happen at noon...
    It happened at midight...

I am allowed to ask why there are 6 and 9 year olds at a midnight movie.

But who gives a fuck? Why does it matter? You know nothing about the situation or why they were there. Maybe it was a fucking birthday present.

How about the real issues. How did his mental illness go unoticed? How was he armed like he was on the SWAT team?
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You're right.