Options

*** Manchester 2 Fanviews Here 6/21/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    I went to both nights and to be honest I haven't even thought about splitting them, for me it was 1 show with a break in the middle. I was just so happy to be there, and feel so like that i had the chance to see them again.

IT WAS AWESOME !!!! No more to say.

Thanks for coming back...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    OMG rearviewmirror was it for me last night! Unreal :mrgreen:
    usually, once I hear that song I can go home-especially if the jam is good!

Its simple, is there someplace on earth you would rather be?

Fuck no. Standing in front of pearl jam playing live is probably my first choice for living my life.

This is true even if I am sitting on grass 400 yards away.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Easily one of the best shows I have ever been to.

Fuckin' first class :D:D:D

This.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    What else can I say... fuckin' UNREAL...! :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Was anyone else thinking they were going to play 'You Are' when they sound checked the drum-come-guitar-loop-de-Doop-machine-extraordinaire (I believe thats its official name) when they were setting up.

I guess they always cover all the bases in case they want to mix it up on the fly.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    Was anyone else thinking they were going to play 'You Are' when they sound checked the drum-come-guitar-loop-de-Doop-machine-extraordinaire (I believe thats its official name) when they were setting up.

I guess they always cover all the bases in case they want to mix it up on the fly.

Gotta admit I fell for that again. They did that at Wembley 07 and never played it. Heard it Weds night and thought "We're gonna get You Are". 5 minutes later I thought "remember Wembley 07"....
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Magic happened. Its as if I didn't even go home, sleep eat.. nope. The two gigs merged and it was purely magical. They were my first ever Pearl Jam gigs, so I think everyone here can imagine how im feeling right now. On the first night i was more shocked than anything else; i couldn't believe i was actually there (and ofcourse; i broke out in tears as soon as i heard the opening, Release). After i went home, i began my search to find a ticket for the next day, and ended up getting two free ones! Maybe it is true that, if you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires in your favor ;) The second night, after i realised that, YES DANIELLE YOU ARE AT ANOTHER PEARL JAM CONCERT, i was more comfortable to kick back and enjoy the show without being completely stunned like the first night. Was in the front row, and managed to get two guitar pics (one of which McCready specifically gave the security guard to give to me, after I sang Alive back to him)
    The only downfall? I REALLY wanted them to play Garden :/
    All I can say is, I don't remember the last time i was THIS excited and blown away by something; i guess ive got less than a week to figure out how to find the money to get to Amsterdam and buy me two more tickets!
    Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror..
  • Options
    KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    I have to admit I'm really jealous! The setlist is perfect, really! There are some sweet rarities, especially Deep and I Am Mine, some more often played songs that I haven't seen yet - Wishlist and, believe it or not, RVM! Of course Hitchhiker is incredible! It's really a great song and a much better choice then the other recently uncovered rarities (Black Red Yellow or In The Moonlight). I'm hoping for something of this caliber in Berlin! How about playing Undone there?!
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    janemathiesonjanemathieson Cornwall, UK Posts: 72
    What can I say?

Such an amazing night and I have fellow 10C member Carrie to thank for her generosity!

We got to Manchester on Tuesday and couldn't resist sussing the venue when we got there, working out where to pick up wristbands etc.... nearly went in when a disgusting tout offered us tickets for face value as gates were about to open but knew I couldn't do 2 nights (heart failure has left me with chronic fatigue)... so was tucked up in bed by 8pm, albeit too excited to sleep!

Got to the arena at 1 on Wednesday and we were numbered! How easy! The numbering system worked a treat so we could go relax for a coulpe of hours before joining the queue at 4.30ish and meeting some lovely people (Hi Sharon from Canada/UK!)

The waiting flew by!

X only served to whet my appetite for PJ more! Thank you for a great set!

and then.... PJ were on! and boy! they were on it from the second they walked on stage!

We were at the front, directly in front of Mike (who was looking really well :) and was loving every second).... thank you to all those who have posted setlist on here and on twitter cos I was in the moment, dancing, singing, feeling Alive! Cried through Just Breathe as it was the track that I had on when I heard that my Dad had passed, then I was picked back up and taken to heaven with Sonic Reducer!!!!

My boyfriend got a pic from Mike (thank you!) and we drank Eddie's wine!

I just have this feeling of Wow! Where can it go from here?

Yes, I am battered, bruised (due to warfarin) and in pain, but feel so alive! Wishing I could see them again this tour but not sure how it could've been better!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hoping to see Eddie in London .... so if anyone has a couple of tickets that they aren't able to use please let me know!!!

and thank you again, I'm simply holding the elation!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,635
    Just got back, great set. only PJ can have the palms of your hands sweating . But was it worth the wait! It seemed for a second the whole arena went silent in antisipation and then they just exploded into, Go, Animal and Hail,Hail, I am mine into wishlist really worked for me (plus the old man needed a rest ;) never been a huge fan of the latter but i stand corrected.

Then Even Flow, insane crowd singing, great solo from Jermima McCready :lol: someone on the thread will have to remind me of Ed's new name. Band ready smokin from here on in, many highlights gotta mention stormin version of RVM which threatend to lift the roof and beautiful little wing solo on the end of YL.

Band seemed in great spirits. Needless to say i left tired, bruised, stinkin but with a big 'FUCK OFF' grin on my face. 8-)

bring on next week.

Also a big thankyou to Geoff and his daughter for the banter, hope we meet again

Ray
    eds new name........jerome :lol:
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    What can I say?

Such an amazing night and I have fellow 10C member Carrie to thank for her generosity!

We got to Manchester on Tuesday and couldn't resist sussing the venue when we got there, working out where to pick up wristbands etc.... nearly went in when a disgusting tout offered us tickets for face value as gates were about to open but knew I couldn't do 2 nights (heart failure has left me with chronic fatigue)... so was tucked up in bed by 8pm, albeit too excited to sleep!

Got to the arena at 1 on Wednesday and we were numbered! How easy! The numbering system worked a treat so we could go relax for a coulpe of hours before joining the queue at 4.30ish and meeting some lovely people (Hi Sharon from Canada/UK!)

The waiting flew by!

X only served to whet my appetite for PJ more! Thank you for a great set!

and then.... PJ were on! and boy! they were on it from the second they walked on stage!

We were at the front, directly in front of Mike (who was looking really well :) and was loving every second).... thank you to all those who have posted setlist on here and on twitter cos I was in the moment, dancing, singing, feeling Alive! Cried through Just Breathe as it was the track that I had on when I heard that my Dad had passed, then I was picked back up and taken to heaven with Sonic Reducer!!!!

My boyfriend got a pic from Mike (thank you!) and we drank Eddie's wine!

I just have this feeling of Wow! Where can it go from here?

Yes, I am battered, bruised (due to warfarin) and in pain, but feel so alive! Wishing I could see them again this tour but not sure how it could've been better!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hoping to see Eddie in London .... so if anyone has a couple of tickets that they aren't able to use please let me know!!!

and thank you again, I'm simply holding the elation!

I have 2 stall tickets, Row Q for EV 31. july for sale :-)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    I've lost my voice.

Says it all. Or not ;-)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I was in the pit, had a BRILLIANT time, get set list great crowd, i'm very very happy Thank you everyone x
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    V V wrote:
    I was in the pit, had a BRILLIANT time, get set list great crowd, i'm very very happy Thank you everyone x
    good to see u ack in the forum.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Stinkfoot wrote:

Gotta admit I fell for that again. They did that at Wembley 07 and never played it. Heard it Weds night and thought "We're gonna get You Are". 5 minutes later I thought "remember Wembley 07"....

I noticed this too and I realised now more than ever that I am PJ freak! (in a good way of course!) It would of been nice to hear but I didn't think about it during show.

Forgot to mention NFY in my review - it was amazing. RVM and NFY were really cathartic for me. Really enjoying reading these reviews.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    jwmakesjwmakes Posts: 5
    First time I've seen PJ live and it was absolutely amazing. Despite the fucking awful weather on the M6 and a long journey there and back, it was one of the best nights of my life. I don't think I've been that happy in years. Sang my lungs out all night, would like to have spent the entire evening on my feet but the prat in the seat behind me poaked me in the back after a minute of me being on my feet (and there proceeded to spill beer all over the floor which ended up all over my bag and coat).

I got a lot of inspiration from Eddie. I LOVED what he said about arseholes - so true- and the fact that he had done some homework on Manchester (did he take his kids to the Museum of Science and Industry before the show?!!). It kind of put a lot of things into perspective.

I don't think I can enjoy listening to Deep any more though.

My personal favourite song was Amongst the Waves. It's one of my favourites anyway, but the lighting made the song feel other worldly. And hearing I am Mine live was mindblowing.

The band's energy was amazing. What a gift they give their fans.

The atmosphere in the arena was amazing and now my husband is listening voluntarily to PJ. He really enjoyed himself, and it's wonderful that after all these years we've got music we can agree on!!

By far the best ever show I've been to and now I'm trying to figure out if there is any way I can go to one of the European shows. Might need to get a passport first though.
  • Options
    BurnsyBurnsy Posts: 4
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 968
    WOW. Wishlist lukin/not for you, off he goes. brilliant. i was seating for the show as i couldnt get standing tickets. i was surrounded by a**holes i have to say. i stood up and got soaked with water. WTF!!!! Some spa shouted at me, 'i didnt spend 60 quid to watch you stand up'. he left after the encore. stay at home next time you idiot. berlin and holland fans are in for a real treat

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    AnglaisAnglais Posts: 83
    awesome setlist, great crowd, it was my girlfriends first PJ gig, she loved it. think she always wonders why i have seen them so many times, now she knows :D
  • Options
    Possibly the best set list I've heard live! Awesome night and great fast start!! Only 14 gigs and still wanting more.... Best band in the world, full stop.
    "thoughts arrive like butterflies"

14 PJ gigs and counting....
  • Options
    Easily one of the best shows I have ever been to.

Fuckin' first class :D:D:D

Totally agree!!
    "thoughts arrive like butterflies"

14 PJ gigs and counting....
  • Options
    manclassmanclass Posts: 50
    I'm basically spending my day re-watching both gigs on YouTube

So any links or vids to upload - get them on here! :D
  • Options
    EmmasheenEmmasheen Posts: 12
    What a night, all I can really say is I'm so so glad I was there, just a big stupid grin on my face the whole night :D
    You're in your own world, let's see the whole world. Let's pick up your soul.
  • Options
    Weab76Weab76 Posts: 55
    First night out with the wife since the birth of our son, what a way to spend it.
    Fantastic atmosphere and great set list.
    I'm still buzzing :)
  • Options
    leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    Last night i heard Pilate for the first time and now tonight i get Deep and Sonic Reducer for the first time at my 17 show !

Not forgetting Hitchhiker for 1st time for everyone !
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    jwmakes wrote:
    it was one of the best nights of my life. I don't think I've been that happy in years. Sang my lungs out all night

Pretty much the same here... :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Just came back to Denmark and I´m still blown away by the bands' energy and that setlist.

I often run into 'Go' as the opening song and it just worked as an opener as always!
    Set was great. Highlights for me were Present tense, Save you, Hail hail and Off he goes.
    We had a great view from block 103 and the sound was almost perfect.

Bring on Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen!
    :twisted:

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Where s the boot? :D
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    We were fornt row of 203, surprisingly great seats. Anyway, I stood up at the start and a few behind me stayed seated for a while. I think they just got sick of me after a while and stood up, but no way im sitting. Nobody said anything, but really, why would you sit down???
  • Options
    The first time I had ever seen Pearl Jam, since getting into them quite late about 2/3 years ago when I was about 17. I'm gutted I was still in a pram for their early 90s shows what an amazing experience that would have been.

However, they blew me away on thursday night.... I didn't have tickets until the night before and didn't think I could afford to go but it turned out and I somehow managed the best seats! (standing would have been fun, but I could not argue with my view) Block 115, first row, 3 seats in! :)

I welled up at Better Man and Just Breathe and went mad for Even Flow & ended up badly twisting my knee. Anyways, perfect show, wish I got tickets to the night before in Manchester too, hell, wish I had money to follow them around Europe!

I ended up missing the Merch though which I'm deeply dissapointed at, does anyone know any means of getting my hands on a tee from the night and possibly a flag?! :cry:

(Finally just joined the Ten club aswell- always a latecomer!- don't really know what i'm doing but what a beautiful community!)