Options

*** Manchester 2 Fanviews Here 6/21/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    sorry, 1/5.

Also shout out to the Irish couple who got engaged after Just Breathe. From Cork I believe. Not sure if they post here but great to meet you and congrats again :D
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Woahhhhh! Where were they hiding that Lizard Queen poster!? That is insane. 1/5? Does that mean every poster out of five was that colour?

Congratulations to the happy couple!
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    Woahhhhh! Where were they hiding that Lizard Queen poster!? That is insane. 1/5? Does that mean every poster out of five was that colour?

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Think there were only 5 total. So I was lucky to get 1/5. I went to buy a poster and saw the mad green one on top and just told the merch guy to give it to me.

http://instagr.am/p/MJlSJMJnEK/
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    What an incredible 2 nights. Last night was what I'd call a 10c set. I hoped for a hits set & a rarities set and we got it. I wouldn't even say Night 1 was a hits set in fairness. Of The Girl was supposed to set the show but they went with Go instead and it was the right call, diving right into the show. Delighted to I Am Mine, WMA tagged on Daughter, Off He Goes. Chuffed to bits. Hitchhiker! What can I say? I fucking enjoyed it. I don't care if some people in the crowd didn't know it, I loved it. Its not the greatest song but its one of those moments you'll never forget. Pleased with only 4 repeats, guessed we'd get 3 of them in Even Flow, Better Man and Alive. Thought Even Flow was immense the 1st night and it was even better the 2nd night. Great to finally get Sonic Reducer and for Mike to throw in Little Wing with Ledbetter just made a magical 2 days even more so. Perfect end to it.

They thanked the fans at the end but I wanna say thank you to Pearl Jam. Best band in the world :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the variant pics, great that they did those even though I prefer the reg one I got. The poster tubes in Manchester were CRAZY LARGE!!
    Post edited by Spags on
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

They thanked the fans at the end but I wanna say thank you to Pearl Jam. Best band in the world :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Thanks for the variant pics, great that they did those even though I prefer the reg one I got. The poster tubes in Manchester where CRAZY LARGE!!

I think i prefered the original one BUT, I'm a sucker for weird merch/limited stuff and that night was so incredible that I grabbed the normal one on the way out as well :fp: :lol:

Pearl jam eats my money
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    edited June 2012
    Would have done the same :lol:
    Post edited by Spags on
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 369
    Not much to add that hasn't been said already except that the whole band seemed really into it and pretty much on fire both nights - especially Mike, some great solos from him (as you'd expect! :) )
    Some nice extend jams on the end of a few songs too, I think NFY and PTense in particular (memory getting hazy now!)
    Any set that includes Hail, Hail, Deep, PT, Off He Goes, Inside Job and Sonic Reducer is pretty epic in my books!

Just gotta patiently wait for the boots now.............
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    SkosnikSkosnik Posts: 46
    did they play some special ending in Wishlist??
    Prague 2000, 2006, 2012, Vienna 2006, Katowice 2007, Berlin 2010,2012
  • Options
    Only the 4th time ive seen them live, but that's the second time they've opened with Go and Animal :lol:

First time i've seen Yellow Ledbetter though :o
  • Options
    Skosnik wrote:
    did they play some special ending in Wishlist??

It did go to an extended outro but can't remember what Ed was singing.

Noteworthy as well, tagged Modern Girl to Not For You but didn't sing it.
    alexross42 wrote:
    Just gotta patiently wait for the boots now.............

Yep!

• Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    only just got home to the sunny south.. :lol:
    that was why i love pj..stunning gigs, super fans, bed at 4am and im still buzzing.

but thats it this tour for me..you guys are in for a treat the band seems so happy to be playing ..
  • Options
    lukinlindalukinlinda Posts: 46
    Just want to add my comments and say last night will stay with me forever, think it was the best Ive seen the band. Brilliant set and personally for obvious reasons loved Lukin and Inside Job made my night. Certainly my favourite of the two nights. Bring on Berlin 1 & 2 - counting the days. Adding my congratulations to the lovely Irish couple who got engaged, what a special memory.
    1996 London
    2000 London
    2006 Jools Holland, London
    2007 London
    2009 SBE London
    2009 O2 London
    2010 London
    2012 MEN 1&2, Berlin 1&2. EV Solo London 1&2
    2013 NY1, NY2, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2014 Ams 1, Ams 2, Leeds
    2016 Toronto 1
    2018 London 02 1&2
    2018 Barcelona

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    that was why i love pj..stunning gigs, super fans, bed at 4am and im still buzzing.

but thats it this tour for me..you guys are in for a treat the band seems so happy to be playing ..
    where the hell are u?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,862
    Both nights immense

People's perception on crowd just depends where they are in the crowd. Different spot in each show could make a huge difference.for me both crowds were fucking great. Sure ed was just using the trick to fire up the night 2 crowd ;)
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760

where the hell are u?

night one holding onto norms back. norm had rail
    greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeece score....sorry.lol
    night two the rail
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Both nights immense

People's perception on crowd just depends where they are in the crowd. Different spot in each show could make a huge difference.for me both crowds were fucking great. Sure ed was just using the trick to fire up the night 2 crowd ;)

Definitely agree. I had a great views of the band and crowd both nights and they were excellent. You had to be there. People sat on the forum analyzing a youtube vid.....it ain't the same! Manchester rocked!

• Options
    Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    OMG rearviewmirror was it for me last night! Unreal :mrgreen:
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    PJChiFan91PJChiFan91 Posts: 29
    Damn! What a show!
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw. Delivered him wings, "Hey, look at me now"

Lollapalooza Grant Park,Chicago,IL August 5,2007
    PJ20 Alpine Valley,East Troy,WI September 3,2011
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i don't know anything about posters..but that lizard thing would seem to be very rare?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    GC264789GC264789 Posts: 8
    Contrary to every one else I preferred the 1st night but that's because Ten is my favourite album.

Nevertheless here is my video of Hitchhiker taken from the rail in front of Mike

http://youtu.be/rXtXoHQCZwM?hd=1
  • Options
    Easily one of the best shows I have ever been to.

Fuckin' first class :D:D:D
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    GC264789 wrote:
    Contrary to every one else I preferred the 1st night but that's because Ten is my favourite album.

Nevertheless here is my video of Hitchhiker taken from the rail in front of Mike

http://youtu.be/rXtXoHQCZwM?hd=1

I agree,Wednesday set was way more my thing, despite the persistant disagreeing,you know who you are :evil: :lol: .
    Although I was blessed by hearing Just Breathe both nights! :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Definitely one of the best shows I've been to. Danced so much with so many fuckin' awesome people around me... fuckin' EPIIIIIC!

HIIIITCH HIIIIIIIKER!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    mmharrinmmharrin Posts: 4
    This was only my fourth PJ show, but it was the 4th best I've seen. That still means it was great, but I've come to learn that the people you are near can make a difference. After the PJ20 Sunday night show, I was hoarse for a few days because of all the singing and my knees hurt from all the jumping. Boston 2010 - when the house lights were on for RITFW, you could see every person in the entire arena, to the very back row, jumping around the way the people up front of standing room were doing last night. Last night - I lost neither my voice or my knees because it seemed a little harder to be that guy when surrounded by people who just stand and watch. But watching the folks on the floor - this was an epic show for those few hundred who were more a part of the energy. I'm not criticizing those around me - they just have a different way of enjoying the show - but I prefer high energy. I was in a very low row in section 115, so we were pretty close to the stage.

Opening with Go is the kind of thing that makes a night seem like a blast right out of the gates. And despite knowing the song for 20 years, I just started to really appreciate Deep after hearing it last night. The story made it that much better. Finally - any time one can hear Present Tense live . . . . that's a good night.
  • Options
    Paul5150Paul5150 Posts: 4
    Thought the band were fantastic last night and was having a great time, one of the best gigs I've seen, until some brain dead moron threw a full bottle of something which hit my wife on the head, right on the temple - just before Ed did his speach about poorly behaved people - I was listening to it as we were leaving the crowd to find medical assisatance.

To whoever that fuckwit was..., oh I cant say what I really want to say about you :nono:
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Pry To wrote:
    As for the crowd, it seemed like a lot of this was lost on them. Ed did say they were better than last night a few songs in, but it seemed to me like they lost a lot of steam as the show progressed. Almost everyone in the upper tiers was sitting down by the end of the night. The crowd really only seemed to perk up when the hits were played. You could practically hear a pin drop during Down -- no one had a clue. Same with Hitchhiker, really. Guy next to me was checking the soccer scores on his iPhone and looking at his watch every five minutes. He left right after Alive. I guess you can see why they don't play a lot of shows with setlists like this. The audience was there for Better Man, Alive, Even Flow, and Daughter. Me, I was in heaven. One of the best shows I've seen 'em play. What a night!

I knooooow! I was looking around during the first few songs of the sets and thinking: How the hell to you manage to sit down during THIS?! Not so much disappointed as genuinely surprised. Everyone seemed to be up for Alive. Except for a few people around us in section 108. I did see a lot of facebook checking :shock:
    I mean, they seemed to like the show, but... Oh well, Ed seemed to not have noticed and that's all that matters :)

For me the highlights were Off He Goes, Present Tense, Hitchhiker and Amongst the Waves
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Fabricio wrote:
    I'll tell you this: Present Tense was unforgettable.

Very true. Is the fan who got Mike's shirt at the end here?
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    I was at the first show but not the second. Comments about the crowd might be somewhat valid. I was at the barrier right in front of mike, but even the row behind me wasnt crushing up to us. Very bizarre.

Hmm weird- we were literally right in front of Mike on the first night and the crushing was pretty bad. So much so that quite a few people had to be pulled out as they couldn't take it.

From section 115 5 rows from the floor on Stone's side... it looked horrible to the mother in me :D . As in: oh no, I really, really hope no one gets hurt. Things seemed crazy!