Options

*** Manchester 2 Fanviews Here 6/21/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    dottles wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words on my blogs, very much appreciated :oops: - mwah!

bookmarked.....for when I have more time ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    imalive wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words on my blogs, very much appreciated :oops: - mwah!

bookmarked.....for when I have more time ;)
    :lol: my blogs are a stream of consciousness, I have to be succinct at work so no such luck here! :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 446
    Olivavu wrote:
    CornishMan wrote:
    motorcade wrote:

Would love to see a PJ/EV show at Eden. Going there on Sunday to see Frank Turner/Bellowhead, great venue, hope the rain keeps off.

Great that there was a Cornish contingent! :D Can only dream about a show at the Eden Project... that would be something else!

Would be a nightmare to get tickets for though... especially with the new 10C ticket lottery and such a small venue. Everyone would want to go because of the uniqueness of the venue, and the Cornish people would probably end up shut out!

So what if the Cornish people didn't get tickets?

We're all 10C members and have the same entitlement regardless of locality - that's the point of being a member, isn't it?!

Not saying everyone wouldn't or shouldn't have the same entitlement! Closest PJ have ever played to my hometown is probs about 280 miles away, so I'm merely saying that it would just be my luck that if they played on my doorstep I wouldn't be able to get tix. The last thing I would say is that I should be more entitled than anybody else though. Tix for PJ can be tricky to get at the best of times, and it's a tiny venue, and a very unique/unusual location so tickets would be like gold dust. It's pointless discussing it anyway, because the chances of it happening are virtually zero!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Every once in a while […] Fingers crossed for you all I hope you all enjoy what could be a momentous tour!! :mrgreen:

Thanks a million Gary!!

@ dottles thanks for sharing your blog, I really enjoyed it :)

& thanks for every review in this thread, I wish I had been there!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I'm just going to say Manchester night 2 was the greatest concert of my entire life.
    Same for me. I was gobsmacked from start to finish! apart from during Amongst The Waves
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Cs1mzCs1mz Posts: 1
    First post. Very rarely post to any forums but feel I have to share my Manchester gig experiences. Where to start? Here's the context. Like many others, I've been attending gigs for nearly 25 years. PJ were a band I got into at college. I was 20, their music just felt like it was written for me at that time of my life. I never got to see them live until Hyde Park 2010, and I still don't know why, but probably a combination of things, excuses excuses. But now things are different. I'm 41 married with kids and in the last 5 years I've fallen back in love with the band. And Manchester over two nights was nothing short of a revelation. Most bands short change their fans. Pearl Jam don't. Can't fault the set lists, crowd were well up for it both nights, and the band? Completely tight and just rocked. Ed was coolness personified. There is no cooler rock star. Fact. Mike McCready was amazing, totally up for it. Indeed it's a bit churlish to highlight one member more than another. This band care about their fans, think about the sets, think about merchandise and genuinely do things differently like no other band I've seen over the last 25 or so years. Truly astonishing, and over the two nights the best live experience I've ever had. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    sibolt70sibolt70 Posts: 6
    Just loved every minute of it, first saw the band ooh must be 15 + years ago
    always tried to get tickets but never been lucky enough until now
    went to gig, loved it, best live band Ive seen.........just joined 10 club.......
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    Lovin the first poster peeps!

Welcome and HELLO!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I'm just going to say Manchester night 2 was the greatest concert of my entire life.

Wow. A positive post from you.
  • Options
    beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    hitchhiker!
    oh, you lucky ones :)

conversation on the way to the amsterdam show yesterday:

"which song would you like to hear tonight?"
    "hitchhiker. but they don't play it anyway."
    "no? they just played it in manchester."
    "!?!?"

:shock:
  • Options
    sborastonsboraston Posts: 22
    Went to both Manchester nights and I think the 2nd night was the better (only just). I did record 22 songs from the 2nd night (in HD too although a tad shaky). If you fancy they're all here (including Hitchhiker) in one handy playlist on youtube (and in order):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdfEldfT8E&list=PLBC53BC56ED4E7951&feature=view_all

Thanks and I could live last week, every week.
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    sboraston wrote:
    Went to both Manchester nights and I think the 2nd night was the better (only just). I did record 22 songs from the 2nd night (in HD too although a tad shaky). If you fancy they're all here (including Hitchhiker) in one handy playlist on youtube (and in order):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdfEldfT8E&list=PLBC53BC56ED4E7951&feature=view_all

Nice work...really enjoying watching through this, and reliving it all again! :D
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    My First 'BOOT" for 2012!...
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    sboraston wrote:

Nice work!
  • Options
    Weab76Weab76 Posts: 55
    sboraston wrote:

Fantastic mate, cheers for sharing :)
    I'm going to work my way through at the weekend with a few beers :D
  • Options
    Weab76 wrote:
    sboraston wrote:

Fantastic mate, cheers for sharing :)
    I'm going to work my way through at the weekend with a few beers :D

thanks and enjoy...i might just do the same now the weekend is here
  • Options
    stardawgstardawg Posts: 34
    Those were two incredible shows in Manchester and - like most reviewers - I liked the second night better. I was so very happy to hear Hitchhiker live - one of my favourite tracks from Lost Dogs. What really made my day was them playing RVM and Sonic Reducer. I thought I'd never hear the latter live. It was an intense version and it really blew my mind. In RVM Ed threw me a little off the tracks when he started with the second verse. Was that a mistake or has anyone heard him do that before? Didn't make sense to me. The version of Even Flow they played on the second night was one of the longest I ever heard.
    I really feel happy to have seen the two Manchester shows (nearly 20 years to the day I saw them first back in 1992). The last show I had seen before was during the 2006 tour. It was a looong time. The trip to Manchester was well worth the time and the money.
    PJ still rule my musical world.
    Zurich, Volkshaus - Jun 18, 1992 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Nov 09, 1996 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Jun 23, 2000 / Berne, Arena - Sep 13, 2006 / Manchester, MEN Arena - Jun 20 & 21, 2012 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Jun 23, 2022
  • Options
    FabricioFabricio Posts: 31
    pac wrote:
    After that first day, i was expecting a completely different setlist... and completely different it was! got standing tickets thanks to a fellow 10 clubber Fabricio and (...)

Cheers, mate! Glad to know that you liked the show.
    pac wrote:
    Loved Deep (so intense), Not for you, inside job was great and i went crazy with Sonic reducer... got some pretty good pics as well of all the band lined up singing at the same time... it was great.

Probably my favourites too! I would add Present Tense and Rearviewmirror.
    pac wrote:
    Didn't get to wave my portuguese flag, but there were two girls with a portugal scarf, so it's ok, the band knows that the portuguese jammers were there!

And Brazilians too! ;)
  • Options
    Can't wait for the Manchester boots. :D
    Finsbury Park, London 11-07-93
    RDS, Dublin 26-08-95 (Mirror Ball Tour)
    Bramham Park, Leeds 25-08-06
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
    First Direct Arena, Leeds 08-07-14
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

rumours are no boot from this tour... :shock: :o

no idea if said rumours are true. bloody hope not!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    stardawgstardawg Posts: 34
    jrd wrote:

They can't do that. That would mean the world's end even before december! :nono:
    Zurich, Volkshaus - Jun 18, 1992 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Nov 09, 1996 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Jun 23, 2000 / Berne, Arena - Sep 13, 2006 / Manchester, MEN Arena - Jun 20 & 21, 2012 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Jun 23, 2022
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

Where did this rumour come from. It can't be true!
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

Where did this rumour come from. It can't be true!

I hope not!

I was surprised that no audience boots had surfaced yet (a very low quality one from Amsterdam 1 has appeared since) so I asked a friend of a someone who's taped many shows to ask if said person had taped either of the Manchester shows. the reply was that no he hadn't and he was now annoyed because he'd heard there would be no official boots.

So there you go, a friend of a friend heard a rumour... :roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,861
    Kelly Curtis said last week bootlegs for 2012 are being worked on
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Well that sounds like a more reliable source :thumbup:
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Well that sounds like a more reliable source :thumbup:

Thank feck for that!
    Fingers crossed...

:clap:
  • Options
    i know im asking for alot but, wish there was some sort of dvd of the night.. would love to relive this :)
    Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror..
  • Options
    i know im asking for alot but, wish there was some sort of dvd of the night.. would love to relive this :)

here's 22 songs in hd i filmed...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBC53BC56ED4E7951
  • Options
    sboraston wrote:

here's 22 songs in hd i filmed...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBC53BC56ED4E7951

wow, thanks! this will be keeping me busy for a long time

(yeahhh 5:20 during Alive, you can see McCready giving me his guitar pic :D)
    Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror..
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    break down :D

Ten... 4
    Vs... 4
    Vitalogy... 2
    No Code... 4
    Yield... 1
    Binuaral... 000
    Riot Act... 2
    Self titled... 3
    Back Spacer... 2
    TAGS... 2
    Covers... 1
    B-Side... 3
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...