So......I have this problem...

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I always just tell them right away that I'm a "very devout atheist," and if they keep going after that I say, "if someone tried to convert you, would you leave your faith?" Of course they say no. And I tell them that I feel the exact same way about my beliefs. But honestly, most of them give up after I tell them I'm an atheist. I guess they think I'm already a lost cause, lol.
    Anyway, if that doesn't work either, I say you start acting like you are trying to convert her to an atheist or a wiccan or something. Go get the satanic bible from the library and pull it for her when she comes by. You know, have a little fun with it!
    :lol: okay......satanic bible, Ice Cube...check! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I can tell you what not to do and that's to definitely not answer the door in a white tank top and pajama bottoms. A couple of years ago 2 kids (probably about 19) came to my door early in the morning to spread the word and they could not stop staring at my boobs the entire time. I'm pretty sure if I had invited them inside they would have forgotten all about good old jehova. Apparently boobies trump faith every time. Not sure what impact that would have on the old lady though :think: :problem: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I can tell you what not to do and that's to definitely not answer the door in a white tank top and pajama bottoms. A couple of years ago 2 kids (probably about 19) came to my door early in the morning to spread the word and they could not stop staring at my boobs the entire time. I'm pretty sure if I had invited them inside they would have forgotten all about good old jehova. Apparently boobies trump faith every time. Not sure what impact that would have on the old lady though :think: :problem: :lol:
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    :lol::lol::lol:
    That is hilarious!

I had completely forgotten about it until this thread got started but a few years ago I had a funny encounter with some Witnesses, although nothing like comebackgirl's story.

I was at home on medical leave after having surgery. To make things worse my husband was home sick with the flu. I was snoozing on the sofa when the doorbell rang and woke me up. Half asleep I jumped up and ran to open the door. There were 2 of the sweetest ladies you could ever meet. They were very friendly and started talking about the world situation. One of them was saying, "These are very troubled times we're living in. Wouldn't you agree these are troubled times?" By this time I was feeling a lot of pain from running to the door and also trying to shush my barking dogs so as not to disturb my husband. I was thinking "You have NO IDEA how TROUBLED it is around here!" I just said something like "I'm sorry, my husband and I are both sick today" and they left.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

I guess men are still men! :lol: I think if that lady reacted to me like that I'd be a little worried. :? :lol:
    That is hilarious!

I had completely forgotten about it until this thread got started but a few years ago I had a funny encounter with some Witnesses, although nothing like comebackgirl's story.

I was at home on medical leave after having surgery. To make things worse my husband was home sick with the flu. I was snoozing on the sofa when the doorbell rang and woke me up. Half asleep I jumped up and ran to open the door. There were 2 of the sweetest ladies you could ever meet. They were very friendly and started talking about the world situation. One of them was saying, "These are very troubled times we're living in. Wouldn't you agree these are troubled times?" By this time I was feeling a lot of pain from running to the door and also trying to shush my barking dogs so as not to disturb my husband. I was thinking "You have NO IDEA how TROUBLED it is around here!" I just said something like "I'm sorry, my husband and I are both sick today" and they left.
    :o:o:o
    Those are the exact words she used!!!!! "these are troubled times!" :shock: so do these people have set thing to say or what? Or is this just a coincidence? :shock:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Loulou wrote:
    :o:o:o
    Those are the exact words she used!!!!! "these are troubled times!" :shock: so do these people have set thing to say or what? Or is this just a coincidence? :shock:
    That seems like too big a coincidence. :think:
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if they have a script or certain buzz words they use.

But sheesh! When aren't there troubled times?!?!
    It's always awful somewhere! :fp:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Loulou wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    A Witness just left, today is an Ice Cube listening day so he's lucky he came by when this song was playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzRqEWJYwX4

Also, he saw my cat and asked what her name was. I said Akasha, which is a Sanskrit word meaning Air / Ether. I told him I picked it because of the Akashic Records which is where all of recorded history is written in Hindu tradition. He asked if I was a Hindu, I said no but I relate to some of their stuff. He wanted to remember that name and wanted me to spell it out for him. I wrote it down for him. With any luck, I can convert him. :lol:
    :lol::lol: good luck with the conversion! ;)

He hasn't been back since then. :lol:
    voidofman wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    A Witness just left, today is an Ice Cube listening day so he's lucky he came by when this song was playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzRqEWJYwX4

Also, he saw my cat and asked what her name was. I said Akasha, which is a Sanskrit word meaning Air / Ether. I told him I picked it because of the Akashic Records which is where all of recorded history is written in Hindu tradition. He asked if I was a Hindu, I said no but I relate to some of their stuff. He wanted to remember that name and wanted me to spell it out for him. I wrote it down for him. With any luck, I can convert him. :lol:
    :lol::lol: good luck with the conversion! ;)

He hasn't been back since then. :lol:
    :lol: not as yet but she'll be back..........oh yes...she will be back. :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    FUCK!

So it's 9pm, and there is a knock on my door, ok more of a solid ***poundpoundpound***...I figure it's the neighbor coming over to tell me my cat died (that's a different story).

But NOOOOOOoooooooooohhhhhhhHHHHHHHhhhhhh, it's young girl who is trying to 'sell' me her books, cookbooks or something, and they are selling them on 'donation' for $25. :x

"No thank-you I have a bunch of cookbooks (that I don't use) already"

"Can I give you this book with inspirational sayings for a small donation?"

:evil: "No Thank-you, I'm not interested but I do hope you reach your goal"

"Well, I would like to leave you with a small gift" :roll:

GLOW-2012 and the END of the WORLD-Giving Light to Our World

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I wish I had been blaring Black Sabbath instead of watching Beach Volleyball...

they just came here a few weeks ago! and stuck a flyer in my door so it came INSIDE my house...yeah, not under the doorknob, or tucked in the storm door handle...they opened the storm door, and slid the flyer between the door jamb so it was sticking out where I couldn't miss it...or were they trying to open my door with their flyer? That was a suspicious move much like the credit card trick for opening a locked door.

SHIT! Now they are going to come back because I answered the door...who the FUCK knocks on a door at 9pm at NIGHT?!?!?! Your spouse is having a heart attack and you need someone to watch the kiddies while you go to the ER I understand, your water main broke and you need help I understand, your dog got hit by a car and you need help scraping him off the street I understand...preaching and asking for money? NO! GO AWAY!

BBBGGGRRRRAAAGGGGHHHHH!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    RKCNDY wrote:
    FUCK!

So it's 9pm, and there is a knock on my door, ok more of a solid ***poundpoundpound***...I figure it's the neighbor coming over to tell me my cat died (that's a different story).

But NOOOOOOoooooooooohhhhhhhHHHHHHHhhhhhh, it's young girl who is trying to 'sell' me her books, cookbooks or something, and they are selling them on 'donation' for $25. :x

they just came here a few weeks ago! and stuck a flyer in my door so it came INSIDE my house...yeah, not under the doorknob, or tucked in the storm door handle...they opened the storm door, and slid the flyer between the door jamb so it was sticking out where I couldn't miss it...or were they trying to open my door with their flyer? That was a suspicious move much like the credit card trick for opening a locked door.

SHIT! Now they are going to come back because I answered the door...who the FUCK knocks on a door at 9pm at NIGHT?!?!?! Your spouse is having a heart attack and you need someone to watch the kiddies while you go to the ER I understand, your water main broke and you need help I understand, your dog got hit by a car and you need help scraping him off the street I understand...preaching and asking for money? NO! GO AWAY!

BBBGGGRRRRAAAGGGGHHHHH!
    :lol: :fp:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    NOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :o:o:o:o
    They've got to you now! They are reading the f@&king forums! Run people! Run for your lives! :shock:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    RKCNDY wrote:
    FUCK!

BBBGGGRRRRAAAGGGGHHHHH!
    :D
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134198&p=4558455#p4558455

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    RKCNDY wrote:
    FUCK!

BBBGGGRRRRAAAGGGGHHHHH!
    Fuckers!!! mad.gif
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you people need to work on your door answering skills....

this is how you should be doing it...

door bell rings...

you look out....

see somebody you don't know holding a clipboard or box of stuff or whatever

quickly realizing they are trying to sell something...

you open the door, say no thank you, and close the door.

badda boom badda bing.

don't let them speak first...don't let them speak at all. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    or...

just don't answer the fucking door

there is no requirement to so this ya know
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    norm wrote:
    or...

A wise Criminal Justice professor said this during a lecture: "If a cop comes to your door, don't open it." :lol:
    norm wrote:
    or...

A song my family sang whenever JW's came to our door: "Lock the windows and hit floor! The Jehovah Witnesses are at the door!" And that's exactly what we did. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    norm wrote:
    or...

I have asked for a peephole for the last SEVEN YEARS! But no, "we don't get people coming to the door that often" :x

I asked for one of those CCTV baby monitors to stick in the side window next to the front door, and I get told "you're being silly".

The living room is in the back of the house, so it can look like nobody is home, but people ALWAYS try to peek in the front door window. Previously, they've knocked so quietly, I wasn't sure if someone was knocking, even my little yip-yap dog didn't bark. This time she knocked so loud, the little dog freaked out and wouldn't stop, and then the lab started barking and growling. If I had either the CCTV or the peephole, I would not have answered the door. Besides norm, like I originally stated, I thought it was the neighbor coming over to tell me my cat died.

Again, who the hell solicits at 9pm at night? Well, unless you're a 'lady of the night' I suppose. Wait, I didn't know the JWs did that...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Loulou wrote:

LouLou! you are too funny!

oh, I answered the door wearing boxers...I don't think she noticed, damnit.

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:
    or...

now that's just rude
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    or...

now that's just rude

:lol::lol:

and so is knocking on my door when i didn't invite you to my home :lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    or...

now that's just rude

:lol::lol:

and so is knocking on my door when i didn't invite you to my home :lol:

in fairness, i don't answer the door on halloween...

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    A wise Criminal Justice professor said this during a lecture: "If a cop comes to your door, don't open it." :lol:

had that happen a couple months back...

i was pretty lit, and invited them in. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    in fairness, i don't answer the door on halloween...

same here
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

had that happen a couple months back...

i was pretty lit, and invited them in. :lol:

:corn:
    I had a strange one yesterday! I looked out the window first, ;) and saw a Japanese lady with an umbrella, no books or clipboards. ;) so I answered it. Turns out she wanted to know what my plants were in my front yard because shes building a Japanese garden. I thought that was a fair enough question but then she asked all these questions about my cat, who was nowhere to be seen. :? I was left thinking, were the plants a decoy question just to ask about my cat? Has my cat been an A-hole and shit in her Japanese garden and she was hunting the owner down? Hmmmmmmmmmmm........... :?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    I had a strange one yesterday! I looked out the window first, ;) and saw a Japanese lady with an umbrella, no books or clipboards. ;) so I answered it. Turns out she wanted to know what my plants were in my front yard because shes building a Japanese garden. I thought that was a fair enough question but then she asked all these questions about my cat, who was nowhere to be seen. :? I was left thinking, were the plants a decoy question just to ask about my cat? Has my cat been an A-hole and shit in her Japanese garden and she was hunting the owner down? Hmmmmmmmmmmm........... :?
    Maybe she's lonely and trying to make friends? Or perhaps is just interested in plants and cats and sees a kindred spirit in you! ... My mom has people stop and talk to her ALL the time when she's out front gardening (she has the most beautiful garden ever), and has made several friends that way - this seems normal to me! :D
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    Maybe she's lonely and trying to make friends? Or perhaps is just interested in plants and cats and sees a kindred spirit in you! ... My mom has people stop and talk to her ALL the time when she's out front gardening (she has the most beautiful garden ever), and has made several friends that way - this seems normal to me! :D
    She was actually a very nice lady. I was just worried that my cat was being a prick because he usually is and I didn't want him bothering her. :lol: i woke up to him this morning under my sheets, hes not usually allowed in my bedroom but he got in there some how? :roll: and he was attacking the living crap out of my feet. :x she nice though, she's actually coming back to ask my husband about the rest of the plants.
    IMG_1171.jpg
    Mr. Thompson (amongst other names) :?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    I just had to share...

Last night after dinner, kicking back relaxing. Doorbell rings (rather urgently too), dogs go crazy. Mr. goes to answer the door-we think it's a neighbor.

No...it's a kid selling something. I can't hear much since my dogs are barking. I hear "Do you have change for a 20?" I think, 'what the hell are you buying now?' :roll: He comes back with a box of caramel pecan things. Says, "the kid told me 'your house smells really really good'" :? :shock: :oops:

I look at the box of candy it's a box of fundraiser candy to keep kids out of trouble..."It's a proven fact that a teenager kept busy stays out of trouble!" and has a picture of 'No to Gangs! No to Crime! No to Drugs!'

:fp: Listen up here kid, complimenting me on the smell of my house is not the best thing to say when you are attempting to sell me the idea that you are bettering yourself! :nono:

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:

:fp: Listen up here kid, complimenting me on the smell of my house is not the best thing to say when you are attempting to sell me the idea that you are bettering yourself! :nono:

Oh

I got it now