So......I have this problem...

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    is she came today? :fp:
    Not yet but I'll keep you posted! ;)
    bindy123 wrote:
    I GOT IT...turn the tables...find out where she lives...knock on her door and push your beliefs on her!!!!

Do yourself a favour and watch all this...I know it is directed at Mormons, but the issue is the same...and if you have some time check out the entire John Safran versus God series, there is some absolute gold in there

http://youtu.be/U58wgn-9Y3c
    Used to watch bit of that! :lol: very funny!!!!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,665
    I'm reading all these strange ideas and thinking- what a crazy bunch of people here! I feel right at home. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    I'm reading all these strange ideas and thinking- what a crazy bunch of people here! I feel right at home. :lol:
    8174.jpg
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,671
    I usually get pretty belligerent with door-to-door salvation salesmen.

I get pretty pissed off. I ask them how they would feel if I ever showed up at their door with my bullshit. Usually swearing and slamming the door in faces.

It really pisses me off.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    edited June 2012
    mca47 wrote:
    BTW, I have a friend who's a JH. Hell of a nice guy, but completely off his rocker when it comes to life. :lol:

I'm friends with a Pastor. :shock:

Guy loves the Foo Fighters :lol:

oh and Rage Against the Machine :lol:
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
    DS1119 wrote:
    You could always shoot her.

"Bang bang you're dead... hole in your head."
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I usually get pretty belligerent with door-to-door salvation salesmen.

I get pretty pissed off. I ask them how they would feel if I ever showed up at their door with my bullshit. Usually swearing and slamming the door in faces.

It really pisses me off.
    Well to be honest, I hate it too, deep down I think it's rude. I know that I have options to believe what I want to and I will seek them if/when I feel like it. To have it come knocking on my front door does piss me off but I think it really threw me 1. Being a sweet litte old lady and 2. The way she approached me, just like she had known me all my life.
    Asking me how my family were and everything, I kept thinking to myself, 'aaah crap, where do I know you from? I can't remember your name?" :lol: See I have Epilepsy and it has severly effected my memory so I just thought she was someone I had met before at first. :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Put one of these on your door
    15m12a-mezuzah-hand-painted-gold.jpg

And one of these around your neck

GIJewlry-StarDavidNecklace2.jpg

And make your house smell like a combination of
    Moth_Balls.jpg

And

stock-photo-matzo-matzah-balls-soup-34618129.jpg

Throw in a couple of oy veys

Problem solved.

If this does not work... I can lend you my bubbe...

PG003247A.JPG

She can talk until the cows come home :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif

Moth_Balls.jpg

And

Problem solved.

PG003247A.JPG

:lol: LOL!!!!!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    or maybe suggest het to join our community and become an ANALog member... :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    or maybe suggest het to join our community and become an ANALog member... :P
    :lol: I think she'd fit right in. ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Best thread ever!! :lol:

She is supposed to gain converts weekly I believe, you are now a mark. :fp: However, they are forbidden to have wind chimes so hang one high at the door. Can't have tattoos so draw stickman on your wrist, oh, or face, yeah better! Yes, & then tell her she has to buy girl scout cookies from you if she wants to give you another book, thas right, no cookies must be bought.
    So, dress as the devil, pants down
    bath ready
    blunt in mouth
    talk like Burns while holding Hustler mag & a vibrator
    spliffing a blunt
    Do the Evolution blasting in the back
    wind chimes tinkling, tattoo glistening
    & girl scout cookies on a plate (make it nice ;) )
    Hmm, I believe its safe to say no one, EVER, will come to your door again.
    Best thread ever!! :lol:

She is supposed to gain converts weekly I believe, you are now a mark. :fp: However, they are forbidden to have wind chimes so hang one high at the door. Can't have tattoos so draw stickman on your wrist, oh, or face, yeah better! Yes, & then tell her she has to buy girl scout cookies from you if she wants to give you another book, thas right, no cookies must be bought.
    So, dress as the devil, pants down
    bath ready
    blunt in mouth
    talk like Burns while holding Hustler mag & a vibrator
    spliffing a blunt
    Do the Evolution blasting in the back
    wind chimes tinkling, tattoo glistening
    & girl scout cookies on a plate (make it nice ;) )
    Hmm, I believe its safe to say no one, EVER, will come to your door again.
    LOL! :lol:
    Hey! I DO have the stickman tattooed on my ankle!! Wooooooooooo! Wind chimes, no problem! ;):lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407

Moth_Balls.jpg

And

Problem solved.

PG003247A.JPG

i'm crying b/c i'm laughing so hard. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: brilliant, Adam!!! :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,826
    LouLou hasnt given her the vibrator yet, so I'm going to say no she hasn't.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    :fp: :lol::lol: that is just ALL kinds of wrong!!!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    mickeyrat wrote:
    must give the sleepers first.. :fp: :corn:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835

Moth_Balls.jpg

And

Problem solved.

PG003247A.JPG

Nice!

So how do I get the lulav-wielding, etrog-bearing freaks to stop asking me if I'm Jewish on the street? :lol:

Oh, and Lorna, you could try the Costanza Gambit: "Well I, uh, I'm not sure how you pronounce it or anything, but I, uh, I believe it's ménage à trois?"

Of course, that sort of backfired on Georgie Boy. :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I just remembered a quote from The Simpsons where Marge was so lonely and bored that she invited some JW's into her house and wouldn't let them leave. "They snuck out when I was in the kitchen getting lemonade." :lol:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    tell her the greek rooster is coming for renew her membereship
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Loulou wrote:
    Well, it all started a few months ago. This little old lady comes to my door and greets me with a big smile. Now when I say old, I mean 80 plus (no offence to our 80 plus members) and she starts asking me about my life. It finally gets the better of me and I ask her who she is and she passes me The Watchtower book.

Now I think, 'Aaah crap!' I mean I was raised by two atheists, I'm probably the most unreligious person in Adelaide. :lol: but I have the problem of this woman being old and really lovely so I don't want to be rude. Stupid move I know, I take the book and say goodbye.

Now a month later she comes back with another one, I don't have the time to chat so I take the book and say goodbye, politely explaining I have to go (another dumb move) :roll:
    She comes round again and I think myself, I have to explain my stance on religion so I politely tell her, look I'm not religious, never will be and i will never go to church. She kindly excepts this and hands me the book anyway and says goodbye.

Well, she comes around today doesn't she? Now I had no time to explain, chat or anything. So I lied and told her that I was on the phone. She slides the book under door. :fp:
    HELP ME! :lol: how do I politely tell her to LEAVE ME ALONE!! Anyone else had this happen? I mean I hand it to them, it was shear genius on their part to send out the oldest, sweetest lady they have at that church. :lol::lol:

( just so we are clear, I don't want a religious debate, I have no judgement about anyone's religion. I feel everyone is free to believe whatever they wish.)
    Awww just keep taking the books, give the woman some satisfaction, even if it's false LOL. Or politely tell her that you don't want to waste her time anymore and if she could be so kind as to not bring anymore books.

I had two Johovah's come to my door once when I was living in Florida. These two young men were HOT...I mean like OMG HOT. So of course I let them preach to me. For the longest time, they'd always come by to say hello and see how I was....of course trying to push their religion on me more and more. My undying disgust of organized religion seemed to disappear when they came around. Then they came one day when my dad was home and he was like "We're catholic." :lol:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    Well, it all started a few months ago. This little old lady comes to my door and greets me with a big smile. Now when I say old, I mean 80 plus (no offence to our 80 plus members) and she starts asking me about my life. It finally gets the better of me and I ask her who she is and she passes me The Watchtower book.

Now I think, 'Aaah crap!' I mean I was raised by two atheists, I'm probably the most unreligious person in Adelaide. :lol: but I have the problem of this woman being old and really lovely so I don't want to be rude. Stupid move I know, I take the book and say goodbye.

Now a month later she comes back with another one, I don't have the time to chat so I take the book and say goodbye, politely explaining I have to go (another dumb move) :roll:
    She comes round again and I think myself, I have to explain my stance on religion so I politely tell her, look I'm not religious, never will be and i will never go to church. She kindly excepts this and hands me the book anyway and says goodbye.

Well, she comes around today doesn't she? Now I had no time to explain, chat or anything. So I lied and told her that I was on the phone. She slides the book under door. :fp:
    HELP ME! :lol: how do I politely tell her to LEAVE ME ALONE!! Anyone else had this happen? I mean I hand it to them, it was shear genius on their part to send out the oldest, sweetest lady they have at that church. :lol::lol:

( just so we are clear, I don't want a religious debate, I have no judgement about anyone's religion. I feel everyone is free to believe whatever they wish.)
    Awww just keep taking the books, give the woman some satisfaction, even if it's false LOL. Or politely tell her that you don't want to waste her time anymore and if she could be so kind as to not bring anymore books.

I had two Johovah's come to my door once when I was living in Florida. These two young men were HOT...I mean like OMG HOT. So of course I let them preach to me. For the longest time, they'd always come by to say hello and see how I was....of course trying to push their religion on me more and more. My undying disgust of organized religion seemed to disappear when they came around. Then they came one day when my dad was home and he was like "We're catholic." :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: Thats so funny!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Oh this thread again. :lol:

How is the problem going?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Loulou wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    You say she's around 80 or so? I guess you could sneak up behind her and scare the shit out of her and hope she croaks and then dismember and bury the body in your back yard. Problem solved.
    Well I DO live in the murder capital of the world........ ;)

if not the world, then at least australia. :P :lol::lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Why politely? You've been polite for a while, can't she take a hint?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Why politely? You've been polite for a while, can't she take a hint?

no.. cause clearly to her loulou needs saving. poor old lady just hasnt quite figured out what a lost cause it is. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Why politely? You've been polite for a while, can't she take a hint?

no.. cause clearly to her loulou needs saving. poor old lady just hasnt quite figured out what a lost cause it is. ;)8-)
    LOL!!!! :lol: I love it!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    A Witness just left, today is an Ice Cube listening day so he's lucky he came by when this song was playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzRqEWJYwX4

Also, he saw my cat and asked what her name was. I said Akasha, which is a Sanskrit word meaning Air / Ether. I told him I picked it because of the Akashic Records which is where all of recorded history is written in Hindu tradition. He asked if I was a Hindu, I said no but I relate to some of their stuff. He wanted to remember that name and wanted me to spell it out for him. I wrote it down for him. With any luck, I can convert him. :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I always just tell them right away that I'm a "very devout atheist," and if they keep going after that I say, "if someone tried to convert you, would you leave your faith?" Of course they say no. And I tell them that I feel the exact same way about my beliefs. But honestly, most of them give up after I tell them I'm an atheist. I guess they think I'm already a lost cause, lol.
    Anyway, if that doesn't work either, I say you start acting like you are trying to convert her to an atheist or a wiccan or something. Go get the satanic bible from the library and pull it for her when she comes by. You know, have a little fun with it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    voidofman wrote:
    A Witness just left, today is an Ice Cube listening day so he's lucky he came by when this song was playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzRqEWJYwX4

Also, he saw my cat and asked what her name was. I said Akasha, which is a Sanskrit word meaning Air / Ether. I told him I picked it because of the Akashic Records which is where all of recorded history is written in Hindu tradition. He asked if I was a Hindu, I said no but I relate to some of their stuff. He wanted to remember that name and wanted me to spell it out for him. I wrote it down for him. With any luck, I can convert him. :lol:
    :lol::lol: good luck with the conversion! ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2