So......I have this problem...

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    hedonist wrote:
    This has gone off on a funny tangent, but if you're serious in your initial post...

Sounds like she's been nice (and seemingly sincere) to you throughout this...maybe you could do the same with her?

Just be honest and forthright.

Those who shouldn't take offense to that, won't.
    No look, in all seriousness, that's why I haven't said anything to her so far. She actually is a nice lady, if she wasn't it would be easier to tell her leave. I know your right, I have to be honest with her, thing is I was actually quite honest with her last time but she still comes round. Guess I have to show tough love. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,825
    hedonist wrote:
    This has gone off on a funny tangent, but if you're serious in your initial post...

Sounds like she's been nice (and seemingly sincere) to you throughout this...maybe you could do the same with her?

Just be honest and forthright.

Those who shouldn't take offense to that, won't.
    wheres the fun in that? :fp:

but you are right. I guess.maybe. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    DS1119 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    yeah but if you convert her she'll never leave :fp: :lol::lol:

and relentless with the F5 button stuff if it ever returned. :lol:
    :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    DS1119 wrote:
    norm wrote:

seriously we have a hard enough time trying to get tix without some octogenarian, with nothing better to do but harass people with their nonsense, hitting f5 :lol:
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Look at it this way, now you have plenty of kindling for romantic nights by the fireside with your hubby :D
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Look at it this way, now you have plenty of kindling for romantic nights by the fireside with your hubby :D
    explain how some old hussy is romantic kindling?? Old people are gross and should only be poked by sticks :)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    norm wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    norm wrote:

seriously we have a hard enough time trying to get tix without some octogenarian, with nothing better to do but harass people with their nonsense, hitting f5 :lol:

She'd have more posts total than Dimitris in 3 weeks.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,825
    DS1119 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

She'd have more posts total than Dimitris in 3 weeks.
    which one is the conversion smilie?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Caveeze wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    explain how some old hussy is romantic kindling?? Old people are gross and should only be poked by sticks :)
    LOL! :lol:
    Wait a minute...are you calling me an old hussy? :lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Loulou wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    LOL! :lol:
    Wait a minute...are you calling me an old hussy? :lol::lol:
    No!! the crazy bitch is the old hussy.. you are the fire.. and your hubby is the kindling.. ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • tell her that next time to bring another book along with a quarter cup of eye of newt and 6 virgins.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Oh! :lol::lol: sorry Caveeze I think I read that wrong! :lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    tell her that next time to bring another book along with a quarter cup of eye of newt and 6 virgins.
    :lol::lol: you guys! I'll be taken the nearest nut house if I did any of these things!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Mind you, at least she won't be able to find me there...... ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Some of these suggestions are hilarious! :lol:

But for a serious answer, I occasionally have Jehovah's Witnesses come by. I don't answer the door if I see them coming but sometimes I'm outside working in the yard and it's hard to hide! :lol: I'll admit, the people who do this always seem to be very nice and I hate to be rude to them. So I tell them, "My husband's brother is a Witness and he already gives us your literature." (It's true, my brother-in-law is but he doesn't give us their stuff or try to convert us.) So the people who stop by figure we must be in good hands and they go on their way.

If you don't mind fibbing, you could tell her that a good friend of yours has become a Witness and you're studying with her. Although it's probably a little late to get away with line like that. :think: Better go with one of these drastic approaches!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,665
    Maybe if she weren't so old I'd suggest my old stand by approach: Say to the person, "Hey, I notice Jehovah Witness churches have no windows. So, ahhh, what exactly goes on in there any way?" And then give her a devilish little smile and kind of raise your eye brows up and down.

In this case though, probably honesty is your best policy. I know, easier said than done.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    why now u dont getthefuckouting ??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Some of these suggestions are hilarious! :lol:

But for a serious answer, I occasionally have Jehovah's Witnesses come by. I don't answer the door if I see them coming but sometimes I'm outside working in the yard and it's hard to hide! :lol: I'll admit, the people who do this always seem to be very nice and I hate to be rude to them. So I tell them, "My husband's brother is a Witness and he already gives us your literature." (It's true, my brother-in-law is but he doesn't give us their stuff or try to convert us.) So the people who stop by figure we must be in good hands and they go on their way.

If you don't mind fibbing, you could tell her that a good friend of yours has become a Witness and you're studying with her. Although it's probably a little late to get away with line like that. :think: Better go with one of these drastic approaches!
    That would have been a bloody good answer! ;)
    brianlux wrote:
    Maybe if she weren't so old I'd suggest my old stand by approach: Say to the person, "Hey, I notice Jehovah Witness churches have no windows. So, ahhh, what exactly goes on in there any way?" And then give her a devilish little smile and kind of raise your eye brows up and down.

In this case though, probably honesty is your best policy. I know, easier said than done.
    :lol::lol: I like that!!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    LOL!! :lol::lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    norm wrote:

See Norm, BD, et al in 30+ years
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Caveeze wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I meant the books Cav :fp:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Loulou wrote:
    LOL!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    We used to get JW's coming around frequently when I was growing up; they were all over my town. Usually we just wouldn't answer the door when we saw them coming.
    One time they caught my mom in the back yard. My mom said, very honestly, "Sorry, but I'm a Christian", and they left her alone. I didn't know saying that actually worked!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    LouLou...this thread is all kinds of funny!

Honestly, I get JW, ba'hai (?), Christian and Mormon people knocking on my door...or their leaflets are left on my doorstep. I never answer the door, but I may have to try some of these suggestions to make them stop coming over!

now I know to NEVER accept a "gift" from a nice young man or nice old lady...they really like to lay on the guilt trip really thick...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    this thread is gold! :lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

See Norm, BD, et al in 30+ years

i'm pretty close to this right now :(
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    You actually don't have a problem.

There.

That'll be $50.
    Slide it under the door please thank you
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    My brother bought me a door plaque that reads 'Atheist at home' it works :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Tell them to fuck off. Or you tell them you'll only consider if Prince comes the next time
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Oh I have had this problem in college. They would come to my dorm room door. "I see you took this questionnaire and said here that on a scale of 1 to 10 your belief in God is a 0"

:lol: