***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    Oh, and is everyone behind an early departure time? Like 6 or 7? The earlier we get out of the Chicagoland area, the better. By Google Map calculations, it takes about 15 hours to go from Chicago to Milwaukee to Rapid City, SD. So, leaving at 6 a.m. from Chicago puts us in Rapid City by 8 p.m. Mountain Time.

(Google over-calculates and assumes going the speed limit, which we won't do, but I figure that extra time will be taken up with bathroom breaks and filling the tank.)

i'm good with an early departure.
    When's the Miami pickup?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    Oh, and is everyone behind an early departure time? Like 6 or 7? The earlier we get out of the Chicagoland area, the better. By Google Map calculations, it takes about 15 hours to go from Chicago to Milwaukee to Rapid City, SD. So, leaving at 6 a.m. from Chicago puts us in Rapid City by 8 p.m. Mountain Time.

(Google over-calculates and assumes going the speed limit, which we won't do, but I figure that extra time will be taken up with bathroom breaks and filling the tank.)

i'm good with an early departure.
    When's the Miami pickup?

6:15 a.m. after your flight into O'Hare. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • kw18 wrote:

Red eyes are always fun :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    When's the Miami pickup?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kw18 wrote:

I'm not a morning person, but I think an early departure is the best plan, so I'll suck it up and be ready for an early morning departure.
    I lost a bet...
    I'm not a morning person, but I think an early departure is the best plan, so I'll suck it up and be ready for an early morning departure.

you can sleep unless nature lover is driving....if she is driving...you will want to be praying. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    you can sleep unless nature lover is driving....if she is driving...you will want to be praying. :lol:

:lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."

Neither am I, so I feel your pain. I fully intend on having some strong coffee and sugary donuts for breakfast that morning!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:

Neither am I, so I feel your pain. I fully intend on having some strong coffee and sugary donuts for breakfast that morning!

if peeps want to leave wed night, i can do that as well....although it would obviously be a slow start.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    if peeps want to leave wed night, i can do that as well....although it would obviously be a slow start.

:think:

Hmm ... so we just stretch out our trip a bit so we're not doing so much in one day? Perhaps drive to Madison or somewhere in western WI to crash for the night, then pick up the rest of the trip to SD on Thursday? Possibly ...

Related: Do we have a room booked for Thursday night? Did Truck do that already, or am I just imaging things? We were just going to crowd up in one room, yes? I think I already established I'm fine sleeping in the tub. :)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Someone should leave us emergency contacts... Just in case you don't show :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Hey, is there still room for me on this caravan? I'll be figuring out my plans this week, and it's still 50/50 if I'll be driving with you (if still available). Thanks, Chris.
    There's no need to say goodbye
    Hey, is there still room for me on this caravan? I'll be figuring out my plans this week, and it's still 50/50 if I'll be driving with you (if still available). Thanks, Chris.

last i checked, we have 6 confirmed people, and 8 car seats availabe....some are more comfy than others. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Someone should leave us emergency contacts... Just in case you don't show :lol:

Or in case the car is found "abandoned" in grizzly country...
  • 81 wrote:
    Hey, is there still room for me on this caravan? I'll be figuring out my plans this week, and it's still 50/50 if I'll be driving with you (if still available). Thanks, Chris.

last i checked, we have 6 confirmed people, and 8 car seats availabe....some are more comfy than others. :lol:

"some are more comfy than others"...are you referring to the car seats or the people? :? :lol:
    I lost a bet...
    "some are more comfy than others"...are you referring to the car seats or the people? :? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

the car seats, but to be honest, i guess some of the peeps as well. i can't imange kw would be too comfy to be on, but you might be. :lol:

:leaving
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

the car seats, but to be honest, i guess some of the peeps as well. i can't imange kw would be too comfy to be on, but you might be. :lol:

You should have put a Miller Park pic in there! :fp:
    81 wrote:

You should have put a Miller Park pic in there! :fp:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=860&filename=uh8ij.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :lol: That's the one!
  • 81 wrote:

toetap05.gif :-|

i have never had any complaints about my comfortability. :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
    81 wrote:

sounds like we have the makings of a new road trip game. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

sounds like we have the makings of a new road trip game. :lol:

:fp: :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
    I'm honestly not sure which will be more fun: the party in MT or the road trip out there!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    I'm honestly not sure which will be more fun: the party in MT or the road trip out there!

both should result in good stories....

i will warn everyone in advance....come monday morning when it's time to head back...leave me the fuck alone. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i will not be a happy camper. i will be horse and untalkative. do not take it personal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

i will warn everyone in advance....come monday morning when it's time to head back...leave me the fuck alone. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i will not be a happy camper. i will be horse and untalkative. do not take it personal

Yeh, I get the feeling many of us will not be in a super energetic mood when we start heading home after this weekend.

That being said, I'm glad I'll be in my own car. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

what? no 'goodbye breakfast?' :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

what? no 'goodbye breakfast?' :(

if by breakfast, you mean a hat pulled low while i sip my coffee...then yes we can do breakfast :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

i saw what you did and that's a

#fact

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

if by breakfast, you mean a hat pulled low while i sip my coffee, grunt and fart...then yes we can do breakfast :lol:

just like at Alpine! I can't wait!!!!!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

if by breakfast, you mean a hat pulled low while i sip my coffee, grunt and fart...then yes we can do breakfast :lol:

just like at Alpine! I can't wait!!!!!
    :lol: pretty sure afro was the farter
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.