***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Horos wrote:
    I understand. I'm sitting on 2. Dad always loved the road trips when I was a kid.

fixed

you've been to two, your need two to make 50
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Not that I want to see that sign, which they probably planted in the ground for a photo shoot, but you really want to take that drive just to say you've been in Idaho?

that would be a fact.

i want to go to all 5 states....sitting on 33

I did the opposite last year, in Idaho for work & drove to Montana to check it off the list. I think I need Wyoming, Hawaii, Alaska now.

we did that last week. we were in souther MA, and shot down to RI for breakfast. the MT trip will add a minimum of 3 new (SD, WY and MT) ID is very much in the cards as is ND if we take a northerly route back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:

everyone has rules. :fp: black diamond claims you need to sleep in a state to count it. :fp:

i just believe you need to be on the ground in the state.

Staying the night? that's crazy. Yeah, simply driving through doesn't cut it for me, and neither does popping out to stand there for a few seconds before popping back in your ride. For it to count for me, I have to spend some amount of time there or do something -- like grab a bite to eat or sight-see or something. Just my own personal rule.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    kw18 wrote:
    So I heard back from the Ten Club about the Yield sign location (I e-mailed them a bit ago). And, sadly, they don't know where it's at. But they did wish us luck in finding it!

So, who's up for the 16-plus-hour road trip around desolate Montana highways on Saturday? :fp:

:lol:

I am still going to drive on hwy 87 to Big Sandy and see if i can find the sign. I will take a pictures as i go along and post these pictures in the thread below. I hope to do this in the next couple weeks.

view topic here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=192776

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    81 wrote:
    everyone has rules. :fp: black diamond claims you need to sleep in a state to count it. :fp:

I'm almost certain that hanging out with me is officially experiencing Idaho, so you don't need to make that drive, 81. I'll bring the Gem State to the party.
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Staying the night? that's crazy. Yeah, simply driving through doesn't cut it for me, and neither does popping out to stand there for a few seconds before popping back in your ride. For it to count for me, I have to spend some amount of time there or do something -- like grab a bite to eat or sight-see or something. Just my own personal rule.

so i should take WA off my list (airport stop over) :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

If you're gonna do that then I can count Utah...
    (I don't think it technically counts)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    it counts in my book. if you are on the ground
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

you only were on the floor of SeaTac...I actually had lunch in SLC airport...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

you only were on the floor of SeaTac...I actually had lunch in SLC airport...

we transferred thru the tunnel between terminals and grabbed a couple of things at the newstand. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    So I heard back from the Ten Club about the Yield sign location (I e-mailed them a bit ago). And, sadly, they don't know where it's at. But they did wish us luck in finding it!

So, who's up for the 16-plus-hour road trip around desolate Montana highways on Saturday? :fp:

I am still going to drive on hwy 87 to Big Sandy and see if i can find the sign. I will take a pictures as i go along and post these pictures in the thread below. I hope to do this in the next couple weeks.

view topic here

:wave:
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Questionable! Did u at least visit the airport bar? That counts ... Its the only reason hawaii is on my list. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Questionable! Did u at least visit the airport bar? That counts ... Its the only reason hawaii is on my list. :lol:

didn't have time. was only like 45 minutes to an hour layover
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Plenty of time.
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Plenty of time.

there really wasn't it. i do enjoy a nice pre flight drink tho.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

view topic here

There is no actual sign... You're looking just for the surroundings. Could be hard!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    We should get these guys to take us to Montana...

[/quote]Mustache Rides, your new favorite form of transportation in Indianapolis. With Mustache Rides you can expect superior customer service, convenience (book via twitter, facebook, email), and a pleasurable riding experience - bottled water, faux staches, choose your music, flat rates, friendly & furry drivers, clean vehicles. We want you to party responsibly - whether you are coming or going...just remember we are the facial hair that will get you there! Won't you take a ride?

We've expanded our fleet! Take a ride on our 16 passenger Bustache!
    I win.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    We should get these guys to take us to Montana...
    Mustache Rides, your new favorite form of transportation in Indianapolis. With Mustache Rides you can expect superior customer service, convenience (book via twitter, facebook, email), and a pleasurable riding experience - bottled water, faux staches, choose your music, flat rates, friendly & furry drivers, clean vehicles. We want you to party responsibly - whether you are coming or going...just remember we are the facial hair that will get you there! Won't you take a ride?

We've expanded our fleet! Take a ride on our 16 passenger Bustache!

Fuckin A!!!...PJ needs to play Deer Creek again pronto!
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Heisenberg wrote:

Fuckin A!!!...PJ needs to play Deer Creek again pronto!

+1
    I win.
    Had to take someone out for their laptop here! Mmmm mmmmmm, he was tasty!

EDIT:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Wrong thread!!!
    Had to take someone out for their laptop here! Mmmm mmmmmm, he was tasty!

EDIT:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Wrong thread!!!

This comment is hysterical/crazy disturbing out of context. :? :fp:

:lol::lol::lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    50-50-11-300x177.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

where did i find this thread stranded, somewhere on the highway.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

KOA has a new site! http://missoulakoa.com/

i wonder if they have football throwing lessons

:leaving:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Is kw alive?
    81 wrote:

Ouch. I guess it's time to give up on that dream of being a professional quarterback, huh? Sigh ... :(

:)
    Is kw alive?

Barely.

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Ouch. I guess it's time to give up on that dream of being a professional quarterback, huh? Sigh ... :(

:)

you make bernie kosar's motion look fluid. ;):lol:

:wave:

how was the grilled cheese.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    how was the grilled cheese.

It was DELICIOUS. But a burrito would have been better. :evil:

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    WOW! Cant believe we're less than 5 weeks away from getting on the road. Its still taking forever to get here. We need or I guess its just me and kw need to start getting our list together of what each of us are gonna bring for camping. Since SOMEBODY pussed out and is no longer camping anymore......... :fp:

I was thinking, we need to figure out how to stream or upload parts of our trip on here.
This discussion has been closed.