Options

***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Rock Creek Lodge is close to Missoula...I dare you 81...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

:?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/mt-test ... tival.html

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

that's what i was afraid of.

they say they are really good....

i will not be finding out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

they serve them up year round...I'll buy! :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

you go first.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

you go first.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/276277
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    :lol: ....I tried prairie oysters a couple years ago.... They're like a super tender bite-sized steak...actually pretty good....as long as you can keep your imagination in check while realizing how juicy they are....
  • Options
    :lol: ....I tried prairie oysters a couple years ago.... They're like a super tender bite-sized steak...actually pretty good....as long as you can keep your imagination in check while realizing how juicy they are....

and what, exactly, are you imagining there, k? ;) :P
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,825
    Where does 81 live again? You wouldn't be able to pick me up here in Halifax, Nova Scotia? It's only a 53 hour drive from my place to Missoula. :P
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    norm wrote:

Well....I must have kept my imagination in check, cause I was able to swallow....must have been the more desirable bodily fluids: blood and melted fat, like a fine filet :lol:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Where does 81 live again? You wouldn't be able to pick me up here in Halifax, Nova Scotia? It's only a 53 hour drive from my place to Missoula. :P

:lol:

if you wanna join, fly into chicago....i'll pick you up at the o'hare.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Well....I must have kept my imagination in check, cause I was able to swallow....must have been the more desirable bodily fluids: blood and melted fat, like a fine filet :lol:

and there ya go! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Hey 81, wanna take a scenic loop through Salt Lake and pick me up? Since you'll be doing me a favor, I'm totally okay with tying this to the bumper and enjoying the ride.

radio-flyer.jpg

:corn:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Hey 81, wanna take a scenic loop through Salt Lake and pick me up? Since you'll be doing me a favor, I'm totally okay with tying this to the bumper and enjoying the ride.

radio-flyer.jpg

i heard iamalive is making the trip? not sure if he is flying or driving.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

radio-flyer.jpg

i heard iamalive is making the trip? not sure if he is flying or driving.

I believe he is driving. Which would be the same story for Jen and I. Looking forward to sharing a beer with you again, sir.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

I believe he is driving. Which would be the same story for Jen and I. Looking forward to sharing a beer with you again, sir.

you rollin up with him 8-)

stop by the KOA :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtIxJa11SFU
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Geez, the forum stops working with IE for a day and look at all I missed!
    **NEW STOP** Do you think we could find "the yield shot"?

YES. Before we spend 4 hours on the road to Big Sandy ( :shock: ) we should probably narrow down if it's there for sure or not! Also, someone go steal, er, borrow a yield sign. :shifty:
    I'll make sure to have plenty of singles ready for you boys and Carmen.

Nice. Just figured out how I'm paying for this trip. :mrgreen:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stupid scheduling shows on my anniversary. What were they thinking??!!!!

Anniversary schmarversary. Something that happens every year on the exact same day? Bah. Now a road trip crossing the country with a bunch of crazy awesome people to see your favorite band play a rare, small stadium gig in a gorgeous mountain state? Once in a lifetime! Priorities, Mamasan ... priorities ... :lol:
    81 wrote:
    i'm going to idaho on sat.

Bring me back a potato.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    tschwichttschwicht Posts: 61
    edited June 2012
    Hey everyone, I'm I'm a Truck's friend he was talking about. New to the forums, long time fan! I'm excited this should be a good one. And I'm in Schaumburg also so I'm not out of the way. Looking forward to sharing one too many beers with all of you.
    Post edited by tschwicht on
  • Options
    tschwicht wrote:
    Hey everyone, I'm ImaTruck's friend he was talking about. New to the forums, long time fan! I'm excited this should be a good one. And I'm in Schaumburg also so I'm not out of the way. Looking forward to sharing one too many beers with all of you.

Some would say schaumburg is out of the way :P

anyways, howdy neighbor and welcome to the caravan...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    tschwicht wrote:
    Hey everyone, I'm I'm a Truck's friend he was talking about. New to the forums, long time fan! I'm excited this should be a good one. And I'm in Schaumburg also so I'm not out of the way. Looking forward to sharing one too many beers with all of you.

Welcome aboard.

Do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into?> :lol:

I'm sure you guys will have a blast!! I'm taking the EASY way: FLYING!! Wisconsin was FAR enough to drive to last year.
  • Options
    cutz wrote:
    tschwicht wrote:

Welcome aboard.

Do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into?> :lol:

I'm sure you guys will have a blast!! I'm taking the EASY way: FLYING!! Wisconsin was FAR enough to drive to last year.

don't listen to him...all the cool....err...crazy kids are driving. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    tschwicht wrote:
    YEA TIM!!

Now pick an avatar loser!! :fp:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

:lol:
  • Options

and choose carefully...you avatar can make or break you :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and choose carefully...you avatar can make or break you :lol:
    I think we should pick for him......

• Options
    The newbie found this, really cool!!!

http://jesskid.tripod.com/decodertmn14.pdf

yes still trying to find the road....
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm going to check some disc golf in Missoula. Bring your discs if you play.
    #FHP
  • Options
    tschwichttschwicht Posts: 61
    Hah 81, Schaumburg is out of the way for a lot of things, but not for the caravan/bus/whatever it is we are taking! Nice to know there are other board members from this burb.

Thanks cutz, and I'm pretty sure I know what I am getting myself into. You can actually all blame I'm a Truck later for bringing me into the fold. :D I thought about flying because of vacation days, but I'm just going to hit Montana instead of Atlanta so I can make the drive.

Avatar hmm.. I'm going to need some time on that. Not something I can just jump right into. Suggestions welcome though.

Yeah that decoder article is pretty cool, and actually there is a whole fan-made magazine series on that site (just take out the pdf from the address) that ended in 2001. It makes you wonder what other little gems are hiding in various corners of the internet.
This discussion has been closed.