Options

***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    looks like its on hwy 87?

near billings or up around big sandy.
    He says head east on hwy 200 through lincoln into great falls. then talks about big sandy?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

can you get me some cross roads/address?

thanks in advance
    I have no clue... i'm a truck seems on it. someone will have to being along a yield sign, post and all, if you are going to go in search of this spot ... that would be a pretty awesome photo!! Feeling jealous of the 81 tour of 2012 btw. Sounds like you guys are going to have an amazing trip! (I'm just lurking on this thread in case someone mentions spare.tickets! :lol: )
    we can ALWAYS find tickets!!!
  • Options
    81 wrote:

He says head east on hwy 200 through lincoln into great falls. then talks about big sandy?
    My guess is around big sandy. either right before or after.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

you guys know that Big Sandy is really close to the Canadian border right?

I'm pretty sure the cross street/mile marker is on FB somewhere...I'm searching.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

can you get me some cross roads/address?

thanks in advance
    I have no clue... i'm a truck seems on it. someone will have to being along a yield sign, post and all, if you are going to go in search of this spot ... that would be a pretty awesome photo!! Feeling jealous of the 81 tour of 2012 btw. Sounds like you guys are going to have an amazing trip! (I'm just lurking on this thread in case someone mentions spare.tickets! :lol: )

last count, we are one ticket short as well for andy. i assume truck is splitting with his buddy. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the cross street/mile marker is on FB somewhere...I'm searching.

i saw that on the map....no way am i making the big sandy ride. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    that is correct.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

something to do on saturday!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

something to do on saturday!

i'm going to idaho on sat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    THIS THREAD SUCKS for those not on the MT express shuttle bus.

fixed

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Stupid scheduling shows on my anniversary. What were they thinking??!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    i'm going to idaho on sat.[/quote]
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    don't know why that made me laugh so hard? something you rarely hear!
  • Options
    don't know why that made me laugh so hard? something you rarely hear![/quote]

we are like 10-15 miles from the border....quick easy trip to knock it off the 50 state bucket list.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

Stupid scheduling shows on my anniversary. What were they thinking??!!!![/quote]
    this might help?
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    THIS THREAD SUCKS for those not on the MT express shuttle bus.

fixed

if it makes you feel better, indefference71 has a similiar issue, he is getting married a couple of weeks before the show. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

this might help?
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->[/quote]

divorcecourt :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:

this might help?
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

divorcecourt :lol:[/quote]

:lol:

Might be worth it...

:o
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Hwy 87 north of Great Falls MT near Black Horse Lake

but then Wiki says: The album's cover art shows an empty road underneath a bright blue sky with a yield sign on the right-hand side of the road. The front cover art image was taken from a photograph of a road outside Billings, Montana,

I believe the Great Falls mention, since it's closer to Big Sandy. There really is a lot of 'nothing' between towns...just big open sky. I think you could take a pic in front of almost any Yield sign in MT, and it would look just like the cover. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

but then Wiki says: The album's cover art shows an empty road underneath a bright blue sky with a yield sign on the right-hand side of the road. The front cover art image was taken from a photograph of a road outside Billings, Montana,

I believe the Great Falls mention, since it's closer to Big Sandy. There really is a lot of 'nothing' between towns...just big open sky. I think you could take a pic in front of almost any Yield sign in MT, and it would look just like the cover. :lol:

this would be a great question for the AET radio show. :fp: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    don't know why that made me laugh so hard? something you rarely hear!

we are like 10-15 miles from the border....quick easy trip to knock it off the 50 state bucket list.[/quote]

10-15 miles?!?!?! what map are you using? Missoula is 100 miles from the Idaho border.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    RKCNDY wrote:

Ah, but the special thing about the cover is that there is actually nothing to yield for on the road... a functional yield sign would ruin the metaphor!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

10-15 miles?!?!?! what map are you using? Missoula is 100 miles from the Idaho border.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=46.434071,-1 ... 14&t=m&z=9

might be 100 miles up I90

looks like if you head south/southwest towards lolo and then into the national park. 35 miles is my official guess
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    just did directions to the first road in ID. 32.5 miles from downtown missoula.

i'm going.

this is why women don't get to road trip plan :o:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Google map states 2800 miles, 46 hour drive :o from south Florida.

Glad I'm married to a flight attendant.
    Amsterdam, Prague & Berlin is a much better alternative for us :mrgreen:.
    See the World 8-) !
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i'm going.

I'm getting snakeboy to set up a bear to greet you... :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'm going.

I'm getting snakeboy to set up a bear to greet you... :evil:

don't be mad at me for being able to read a map. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like there are some hot springs out that way...

For the record, I've never had the need to look at the map, we drive straight thru. Only once was I able to convince him to take a different route...I wanted to go to Phillipsburg and mine for sapphires, then I found out the place was in a store, I had to sift thru a bucket of rocks :(

I still want to mine for sapphires.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

For the record, I've never had the need to look at the map, we drive straight thru. Only once was I able to convince him to take a different route...I wanted to go to Phillipsburg and mine for sapphires, then I found out the place was in a store, I had to sift thru a bucket of rocks :(

we did gold in alaska. it was a real gold mine that a family ran. the blabbed for a bit on how they do it, and then they give you a bag of dirt to pan. one or two people found small nuggets....i found like 9 bucks in gold... it was fun even for us old people :lol:

http://www.eldoradogoldmine.com/

corney but fun
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    gonna do a lap of elk meadows road

here is the turn off......looks fun

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=missoula, ... 45,,0,5.67
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

we did gold in alaska. it was a real gold mine that a family ran. the blabbed for a bit on how they do it, and then they give you a bag of dirt to pan. one or two people found small nuggets....i found like 9 bucks in gold... it was fun even for us old people :lol:

http://www.eldoradogoldmine.com/

corney but fun

I think I'm gonna try to convince him to stop in Phillipsburg again, we can stop by the candy place too. I really like sapphires.
    http://www.philipsburgmt.com/mining

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think I'm gonna try to convince him to stop in Phillipsburg again, we can stop by the candy place too. I really like sapphires.
    http://www.philipsburgmt.com/mining

just put your foot down. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.