***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    kw18 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    No I slipped it in at the end! I simply asked If she knew where the Yield album photo cover was taken? I did this because she know PJ was coming. She seemed like a hip ol' lady! It was worth a shot. I've got emails going out all over Montana about this. She said they had Primus last week and were booked full. She knows whats gonna go down.

From the sounds of it, we're totally gonna have to have a beer with her.
    At 7:03am
    81 wrote:
    head west young man, head west. :lol:

we have 7 people.

so right now i would guess two....andy offered his car, not sure what it is and i have my truck which would require the somebody nap in the back seat. as long as there is rotation with who sits there, it's not that bad. plenty of luggage space in the bed.

this is my back seat

SBTTACACCAB_m.jpg
    Do you park in the bat cave?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

guess i should have said my back seat looks like that. :lol: that not my actual truck.

my sub sits on the floor behind the driver seat, not in the center console like that one. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    If we can get 6 or more sites reserved we get our own village and 10% off.
    Are you guys renting cabins or tent sites? I assume you're not getting RV sites...? I wonder if there are any RV sites in the same general area as the cabins.....

Our group is waiting for the public sale to see how many people we have tix for, then booking....there will be 3-6 of us coming from Canada, meeting another 3 - 5 in MT....so we will need either an RV site and cabin, or two cabins....or something. Will know next week...but if we can all get a discount, and have a large PJ group together, that would be ideal.

I love that a woman with a 42 year old son knows who Primus is, and is laughing about quiet hours :)
    81 wrote:

guess i should have said my back seat looks like that. :lol: that not my actual truck.

my sub sits on the floor behind the driver seat, not in the center console like that one. :lol:
    That will make for good naps!
    Are you guys renting cabins or tent sites? I assume you're not getting RV sites...? I wonder if there are any RV sites in the same general area as the cabins.....

Our group is waiting for the public sale to see how many people we have tix for, then booking....there will be 3-6 of us coming from Canada, meeting another 3 - 5 in MT....so we will need either an RV site and cabin, or two cabins....or something. Will know next week...but if we can all get a discount, and have a large PJ group together, that would be ideal.

I love that a woman with a 42 year old son knows who Primus is, and is laughing about quiet hours :)
    We're doing tents. They do have RV sites. Not too many cabins though. She said she has been getting inquiries about both. If they were booked for primus....... I'd get on it. Can always add or cancel. Super Cheap and free min golf!

the chicago/milwaukee crew has a camping spot and the 4 person deluxe cabin. horos out of pittsburgh will also be at the koa in a tent
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

We're doing tents. They do have RV sites. Not too many cabins though. She said she has been getting inquiries about both. If they were booked for primus....... I'd get on it. Can always add or cancel. Super Cheap and free min golf!
    Good point. Thinking this means we won't be part of a village, but whatever...will try to get this sorted tonight or tomorrow.
    81 wrote:

the chicago/milwaukee crew has a camping spot and the 4 person deluxe cabin. horos out of pittsburgh will also be at the koa in a tent
    Maybe I'll just ask if I can get a cabin close to the people from out east who keep calling with weird questions, and an RV spot as close to the cabin as possible....and hope i don't regret it :lol:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:
    head west young man, head west. :lol:

we have 7 people.

so right now i would guess two....andy offered his car, not sure what it is and i have my truck which would require the somebody nap in the back seat. as long as there is rotation with who sits there, it's not that bad. plenty of luggage space in the bed.

this is my back seat

SBTTACACCAB_m.jpg

That wouldn't be too bad ... I can fit four in my car, though to be honest it would get a bit uncomfortable for the two in the back, so rotation would be in order, as you suggested. And your storage space would be nice.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    you won't regrent hanging with us.

you might regret drinking too much...gonna be a good time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    kw18 wrote:
    That wouldn't be too bad ... I can fit four in my car, though to be honest it would get a bit uncomfortable for the two in the back, so rotation would be in order, as you suggested. And your storage space would be nice.

we did a three person trip to ohio with my truck. my brother was ok with it. as long as you sit sideways and stretch out your legs it's not bad. the seats flip over as well and you can have a small floor.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :thumbup:
    I only regret drinking too much until I'm drunk again. Campgrounds make it easy to drink in the morning, so no worries. Not sure how that will work out for the drive home, but I'll stumble off that bridge when I come to it.
    Yup, gonna be a great time.....
    :thumbup:
    I only regret drinking too much until I'm drunk again. Campgrounds make it easy to drink in the morning, so no worries. Not sure how that will work out for the drive home, but I'll stumble off that bridge when I come to it.
    Yup, gonna be a great time.....
    I guess we are suppose to watch out for bears too?
    edited June 2012
    if we take the truck...
    something like this might come in handy

gaming-chair.gif

quick scan of craigslist, has these gaming chairs available for 10-15 bucks.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Horos is from Protland... :lol:

that's awesome she knows PJ is coming. When I got to the rental car place in Wisconsin, there were 50 of us that literally were charging the little booth in the parking garage they looked scared (we are all waiting in the rental area downstairs, and then when they didn't open on time, some lady came down and said, "You can all go to the booth in the garage") . The guy was telling us, "We have 250 rentals today, we never get that many..." I said "Pearl Jam is playing Alpine" he goes, "They're still around?" :roll:

you would think the people working there would think, 'wow, there are a lot of reservations, I should look up what's going on in the area and prepare'
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

Just don't leave food out or in your car, if bears are an issue in the area, they will have bear lockers at the campsite.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Just don't leave food out or in your car, if bears are an issue in the area, they will have bear lockers at the campsite.

campsite is in town. :fp: :lol:

yeah, i know bears sneak into towns....really not a concern for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

we did a three person trip to ohio with my truck. my brother was ok with it. as long as you sit sideways and stretch out your legs it's not bad. the seats flip over as well and you can have a small floor.

That sounds nicer than what two people in my back seat would have to deal with!

This is similar to what my back seat looks like, except I don't have leather:

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/ford/fiesta/2009/ct/2009_ford_fiesta_rint_ct_1_717.jpg
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    81 wrote:
    if we take the truck...

gaming-chair.gif

My roommate from my early 20's had one of those, great for the hanky panky :-o
    RKCNDY wrote:

:?:

he's got pittsburgh roots tho, right. he's steeler's fan. right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    if we take the truck...

gaming-chair.gif

My roommate from my early 20's had one of those, great for the hanky panky :-o

It looks very similar to a Liberator!

I would [diddle] but this thread is not [diddle] worthy IMO. :-x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:?:

he's got pittsburgh roots tho, right. he's steeler's fan. right?

not sure...ok, he currently lives in Portland.

- Christopher McCandless
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

That sounds nicer than what two people in my back seat would have to deal with!

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/ford/fiesta/2009/ct/2009_ford_fiesta_rint_ct_1_717.jpg
    Shit, we can get a normal guy plus a girl or Possibly someone DS's size back there! That's just what I'm hearing DS
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    RKCNDY wrote:

You give lots of credit to the people at the campsite! It's very rare to find bear caches at campsites in my neck of the woods, despite the super huge bear population... Actually, as far as I can tell, only grizzlies warrant bear caches. If there are only black bears in the area they let us fend for ourselves. :? On the other hand, in my very limited experience of US campsites, they seem way better equipped than Canadian ones (i.e. water pumps vs river water and paper toilet seat covers in the outhouses!!! vs ... I don't even want to talk about Canadian outhouses), so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. Anyway, without bear caches I've always stored food in the trunk of the car in a cooler, and no bear problems at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    kw18 wrote:

Shit, we can get a normal guy plus a girl or Possibly someone DS's size back there! That's just what I'm hearing DS

anybody but andy. he's like 6' 3" or something. :lol:

nature lover is low to mid 5's. i'm 6 even. i'll measure cubbee girl tommorrow. :lol: if memory serves, KW was about about my height +- an inch
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:(

sucks you can't make it....i know how much you love 5 day benders.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

nature lover is low to mid 5's. i'm 6 even. i'll measure cubbee girl tommorrow. :lol: if memory serves, KW was about about my height +- an inch

This is quite true -- I'm an inch or two shy of 6'. But I like to streeeeeeeeettttttcccch. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

I'm a scutch over 6 and tim is also
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:(

sucks you can't make it....i know how much you love 5 day benders.

:lol: I sure do!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You give lots of credit to the people at the campsite! It's very rare to find bear caches at campsites in my neck of the woods, despite the super huge bear population... Actually, as far as I can tell, only grizzlies warrant bear caches. If there are only black bears in the area they let us fend for ourselves. :? On the other hand, in my very limited experience of US campsites, they seem way better equipped than Canadian ones (i.e. water pumps vs river water and paper toilet seat covers in the outhouses!!! vs ... I don't even want to talk about Canadian outhouses), so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. Anyway, without bear caches I've always stored food in the trunk of the car in a cooler, and no bear problems at all.

I camped in Noxon, MT last year, they had bear lockers at the campsite.

- Christopher McCandless
This discussion has been closed.