Options

***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    looks like the, I'm Going to Missoula Thread, is killing this thread....

do they want a cookie?

it should kill this one, we are but a subset of that one.....our cool factor is higher too.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    81 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    looks like the, I'm Going to Missoula Thread, is killing this thread....

do they want a cookie?

it should kill this one, we are but a subset of that one.....our cool factor is higher too.

oh im sure all they want, is tickets....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Made it home alive. Secured a camping spot for up to six people for Saturday and Sunday assuming we're going to Butte on Friday? And did get the email finally on Friday saying I got GA tickets. Now what's going on? No Van? Back to caravan? :fp:
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Made it home alive. Secured a camping spot for up to six people for Saturday and Sunday assuming we're going to Butte on Friday? And did get the email finally on Friday saying I got GA tickets. Now what's going on? No Van? Back to caravan? :fp:

Sweet ... thanks again for setting up the camping sites. :thumbup: Glad to hear you got your tickets, too.

I think right now we're short on people for the van, and it's likely to be cheaper just to get a couple cars together, anyway. So I guess it's a waiting game for the moment ...?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    honestly, i'd prefer to push all the way to misoulla on friday, leaving us a free sat to be rested for a fuck around day (i wanna go to Idaho if only for a few minutes, bucket list and all). although, 120 mile drive from butte is pretty much nothing. on the flip side, stopping at mt rushmore (i really want to stop, and i believe truck does as well) friday AM will kill a little of the day time. i guess at the end of the day, i'm indifferent on pushing thru or stopping in butte, so long as we check out mt rushmore, if only for an hour.

currently sitting at 6 confirmed, which warrents a two vehicle caravan. last count, there are three more that may be intersted.

current rides include kw's fiesta, my access tacoma and andyz's mystery car.

kw's and i both have manual, so i woudl suggest either his car or my truck and andy's car as we only have three manual drivers at last count. (KW, truck and myself, i know cubee is a no go on manual, not sure about nature or andy)

long time to go, but any thoughts on supply needs?

i've got a tent, an awening (or whatever the hell it's called) some chairs, a gas lantern. if we have electricity up there, i have a halogen light that would work well. not sure if we need a grill, but i have both propane and charcoal that we can take.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

i've got a tent, an awening (or whatever the hell it's called) some chairs, a gas lantern. if we have electricity up there, i have a halogen light that would work well. not sure if we need a grill, but i have both propane and charcoal that we can take.

beer and alcohol whip cream
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

beer and alcohol whip cream

those go without saying :lol:

but good reminder....i've got a couple of coolers as well, including one 5 day one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The site has both electric and H2O. It says there are plenty of grills available throughout the grounds. And I defiantly wanna stop at Rushmore. If the second show is announced I don't think it would be a problem staying an extra day with it being a Monday and all? Where are we staying Friday? Butte? The Mountain? Off ramp?

I also have a SHIT TON of camping stuff. Pretty much everything we could possibly need.
  • Options
    The site has both electric and H2O. It says there are plenty of grills available throughout the grounds. And I defiantly wanna stop at Rushmore. If the second show is announced I don't think it would be a problem staying an extra day with it being a Monday and all? Where are we staying Friday? Butte? The Mountain? Off ramp?

I also have a SHIT TON of camping stuff. Pretty much everything we could possibly need.

where are we staying thrusday night for that matter assuming mt rushmore is our desitnation thrusday (900 miles there)

i'm open to camping, cramming into a hotel room, or sleeping on the side of the road. :lol::lol::lol:

all i know is the park opens at like 8am
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    looks like we pick up an hour heading west, and lost it coming home. imo, it's so much better to pick that hour up on the way home....whatever. :lol:

who knew there would be this much work just to go to a show :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Is the party going through the badlands?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    I think we should find somewhere on the way to Rushmore. Maybe drive 5 or 6 hundred miles then crash? I'll investigate in the morning. I'm all doped up and its taking me forever to type!
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:

that's the plan....I90 west
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    .....our cool factor is higher too.

:|

:lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

that's the plan....hit up mt rushmore
    Great stuff.. I did it as a kid and remember being taken back.. we were on our way to yellowstone when it was on fire.. remember that? we went to devils tower as well..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Great stuff.. I did it as a kid and remember being taken back.. we were on our way to yellowstone when it was on fire.. remember that? we went to devils tower as well..

i don't remember it much....seems like every year something is burning

devils tower would be cool to see too.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:

i don't remember it much....seems like every year something is burning
    Late eighties ish... I had bermuda shorts and was listening to "licensed to ill" and the Fat Boys "Crushin" pretty much the whole way out..

In a Station Wagon!!!! 1978 Olds Custom Cruiser, light Blue.. What a life this has been :D
  • Options
    I like the idea of driving all the way to the Mt. Rushmore area, staying the night, seeing the presidents in the morning, then chugging the rest of the way. It'll be about a 15 hour drive to Rapid City, SD, so we could crash there or around there for the night. If we leave Chicago around 7 a.m., we'd be there by 9 p.m. (MT time). Cheap motel between the lot of us should be totally doable ... and I don't mind sleeping in the tub. :lol:

As for gear, aside from the usual stuff (small tent, chairs, reusable water bottles) I have a compact dual-burner propane cooking stove; I also have access to a bunch of other stuff, like cooking pots and pans, larger tents, more chairs, etc.

I don't think we'd need grills, as I'm sure the campsite will have a fire pit we could cook from; worth double-checking if the campgrounds have a cooking grate on the pits, though.

But I get the feeling that whatever I don't have, Truck will have, so I'm sure we'll be set on stuff. We just need to remember to bring other vital but often overlooked stuff like bug spray, sun screen, pants, etc. :D

Oh, and I'm totally bringing my telescope. :ugeek:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

I may be crashing your campsite to use said telescope...

Will someone PLEASE remember and get me a magnet from Mt. Rushmore? I will buy you a beer at the bar.
    Like one of those magnets that has a pic of Rushmore on it? Magnets are my silly collecting obsession)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Aside from the Mt. Rushmore, are there any other stops along the way we should hit up? And we're pretty set on driving, right? Andy brought up flying, and that would cut down travel time a lot to allow us to party more in MT. Of course, traveling there and back is half the fun! ;)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Will someone PLEASE remember and get me a magnet from Mt. Rushmore? I will buy you a beer at the bar.
    Like one of those magnets that has a pic of Rushmore on it? Magnets are my silly collecting obsession)

i'll cover you.....just remind me....when we hit the road.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Aside from the Mt. Rushmore, are there any other stops along the way we should hit up? And we're pretty set on driving, right? Andy brought up flying, and that would cut down travel time a lot to allow us to party more in MT. Of course, traveling there and back is half the fun! ;)

i think i'd prefer the road trip...defiantly adds to the memories.

outside of rushmore, there is nothing that i need to see.

my only other request would be to take 94 East on teh way back so we can hit ND only so i can knock it off the list. google maps say 90 and 94 are pretty equal distance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    I like the idea of driving all the way to the Mt. Rushmore area, staying the night, seeing the presidents in the morning, then chugging the rest of the way. It'll be about a 15 hour drive to Rapid City, SD, so we could crash there or around there for the night. If we leave Chicago around 7 a.m., we'd be there by 9 p.m. (MT time). Cheap motel between the lot of us should be totally doable ... and I don't mind sleeping in the tub.

times soudns roughly in the ballpark...i figure we will get off to a slow start as we consolidate everyone.

two chicago
    two NW burb
    one by alpine
    one by madison
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

i wanna take a peek too. can't see squat around here with all the damn lights

and rkcndy, you should cancel your hotel and crash with us. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    kw18 wrote:

I wish Mt. Rushmore was on my way to MT. We went a few years back, loved it! The Badlands was way cool, (go to The Wall Drug Store and get some shopping done) as was Devil's Tower. It is out of the way...but Wind Cave, Jewel Cave and Custer State Park are also great South Dakota destinations. I will have to hit the net and try to find some cool things to see between Alberta and Missoula...I love a road trip.
  • Options
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... akota.html
    cheap? looks clean! is it September yet? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

i wanna take a peek too. can't see squat around here with all the damn lights

and rkcndy, you should cancel your hotel and crash with us. :lol:

Are you getting tent sites or a cabin?

Some friends here are getting a room at the place we are staying at, don't think I could change plans all of a sudden on them. :(

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

Are you getting tent sites or a cabin?

Some friends here are getting a room at the place we are staying at, don't think I could change plans all of a sudden on them. :(

both...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

no kidding, i'm ready to roll
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.