we're getting off the grid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    bring your medical cards as well... :mrgreen:

;)

:corn:

somebody else in charge of that, but i'd be happy to trade a little bourbon for a little medical treatment.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    All I know is that you fuckers better not be as hard to find as you were in Wisconsin for the tailgating. Beers must be had.

all you had to do was call or text :lol:

Remember, I had the wrong number and was texting some poor bastard that had no clue who the hell I was. :lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    dcfaithful wrote:
    All I know is that you fuckers better not be as hard to find as you were in Wisconsin for the tailgating. Beers must be had.

:lol::lol::lol:

I was with unlost and afroannnie...we'd call out "Have you seen Speedy?" "Have you seen a smoking baby?" we'd go up to random tailgates, "Speedy?" "81?"

they all laughed at us... :|
    the beer can hat didn't help much either...well, one guy wanted it really bad, so I said, "If you can find a smoking baby for me you can have it" I still have the hat obviously.

I have a few numbers from alpine, we can trade numbers and stuff as it gets closer.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Lizard wrote:
    does MT have cell towers?
    check, anything else?
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I was with unlost and afroannnie...we'd call out "Have you seen Speedy?" "Have you seen a smoking baby?" we'd go up to random tailgates, "Speedy?" "81?"

they all laughed at us... :|
    the beer can hat didn't help much either...well, one guy wanted it really bad, so I said, "If you can find a smoking baby for me you can have it" I still have the hat obviously.

I have a few numbers from alpine, we can trade numbers and stuff as it gets closer.

just make sure you get dave's vs giving him yours. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:

Definitely need to do this. I removed everyone's from my phone after WI in fear of accidentally dialing someone while I was singing in my car. :lol: :oops:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:

It's true. Or just remind me to double check my PM and not try to do a long distance number off of memory. :lol:

In my defense, I was only one number off.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Definitely need to do this. I removed everyone's from my phone after WI in fear of accidentally dialing someone while I was singing in my car. :lol: :oops:

i admit, i left them all in. makes my phone book look more impressive....and it's come in handy a couple of times.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

It's true. Or just remind me to double check my PM and not try to do a long distance number off of memory. :lol:

1, 5, 9....doesn't really matter. :lol:

that fucker never did send me my messages.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

1, 5, 9....doesn't really matter. :lol:

that fucker never did send me my messages.

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i admit, i left them all in. makes my phone book look more impressive....and it's come in handy a couple of times.

I don't think you have mine, but if you do... I now know you are a troll due to your weekly request of "Bugs" at the radio station. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    does MT have cell towers?

:lol:

we're getting off the grid

it is a group they hired to stand on the hill with antennas :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

me too... :oops:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    OK:
    So talked with the lady again, man she was nice, her name was Querky? Reservation is now Fri-Mon. "Quiet" (she laughed, good sign) hours are from 11-7. Visitors are allowed. Up to 6 people per site. If we can get 6 or more sites reserved we get our own village and 10% off. There are cell towers. Weather could be 70 degrees or it could snow? Each site has a fire pit with grilling capabilities. Her son is 42 and in a band. She didn't know where the Yield road is. Think that covers our conversation.
    OK:
    So talked with the lady again, man she was nice, her name was Querky? Reservation is now Fri-Mon. "Quiet" (she laughed, good sign) hours are from 11-7. Visitors are allowed. Up to 6 people per site. If we can get 6 or more sites reserved we get our own village and 10% off. There are cell towers. Weather could be 70 degrees or it could snow? Each site has a fire pit with grilling capabilities. Her son is 42 and in a band. She didn't know where the Yield road is. Think that covers our conversation.

thanks for handling MT KOA shit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    OK:

thanks for handling MT KOA shit.
    Least I could do.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    She didn't know where the Yield road is

glad you asked the important questions :lol::lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    i don't think I am going
    norm wrote:

i can just picture this...

hi, i'm calling to adjust my reservation...yada yada yada....do you know where the "Yield" road is? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

we need more details on this. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    i don't think I am going

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

i can just picture this...

hi, i'm calling to adjust my reservation...yada yada yada....do you know where the "Yield" road is? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    No I slipped it in at the end! I simply asked If she knew where the Yield album photo cover was taken? I did this because she know PJ was coming. She seemed like a hip ol' lady! It was worth a shot. I've got emails going out all over Montana about this. She said they had Primus last week and were booked full. She knows whats gonna go down.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

i'm sure one of the pearl jam rainmen here can help us out...i'll watch the part in pj20 again and see if i can get any clues
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'm sure one of the pearl jam rainmen here can help us out...i'll watch the part in pj20 again and see if i can get any clues
    dude.... Ive watched it in slow mo for 3 days now. I can't get off the couch. You guys are keeping me sane!
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i was curious about the details on the conversation....

on the road sign, it's been reported as higway 87 and the sign being photoshopped into the picture.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

dude.... Ive watched it in slow mo for 3 days now. I can't get off the couch. You guys are keeping me sane!
    Although all the talk of the Glorious Brown Liquid almost makes me wanna try walking outside of the house for the first time in 3 days!
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pretty much everything is set except the final details on departure time, which cars are we taking, and who is picking up whom....as well as where to stay thursday night.

So pretty much just a bunch of minor details, then, huh? :roll: :lol:

seem minor too me. :lol:

assuming we are taking your car, you would pick up nature lover and then head west to schaumburg to meet up with us, and then we head up to grab i'm a truck (alpine area) before heading to madison to get andy.

or you can grab nature and head towards madison and the schaumburg crew can head up to alpine and grab truck...or you can grab truck and we can meet up around madison.

although i guess we stil need to figure out what we are driving. :lol: :fp:

Choices choices! :lol: OK, so just point me in a direction and I'll go there. Sounds easy enough!

How many cars are we going to need? Two right now, yes? So my car and then ... :?:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    No I slipped it in at the end! I simply asked If she knew where the Yield album photo cover was taken? I did this because she know PJ was coming. She seemed like a hip ol' lady! It was worth a shot. I've got emails going out all over Montana about this. She said they had Primus last week and were booked full. She knows whats gonna go down.

From the sounds of it, we're totally gonna have to have a beer with her.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    edited June 2012
    head west young man, head west. :lol:

we have 7 people.

so right now i would guess two....andy offered his car, not sure what it is and i have my truck which would require the somebody nap in the back seat. as long as there is rotation with who sits there, it's not that bad. plenty of luggage space in the bed.

this is my back seat

SBTTACACCAB_m.jpg
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.