Options

***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Claireack wrote:
    I've only driven an automatic once, didn't like it.

I'd be really grateful if someone could pick me up on the way :D

i'd be more than happy to pick you up at ohare?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    81 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    I've only driven an automatic once, didn't like it.

I'd be really grateful if someone could pick me up on the way :D

i'd be more than happy to pick you up at ohare?

That would be lovely. I was thinking of my house, really. Then driving me there and providing me with a ticket and accomodation. I guess I'll just dream on. At least I've got Wednesday to look forward to :D
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Paypal says its complete. For GA. I can drive manual! Now off to get cut open. Hopefully this hospital has wifi?

Nice! I got confirmation on my GA, too. This is going to epic. 8-)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    This is going to epic. 8-)

100%

i'm really looking forward to this trip.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

100%

This could be the trip of the year!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

100%

This could be the trip of the year!

anybody that can go and doesn't go is a fool. :lol:

how could you not want to spend 5-6 days couped up in a car with this crew. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Thinking of grabbing a car at the MSO airport Friday to do an immediate Helena run, and maybe come back through Butte on Saturday afternoon on the return to Missoula. Even though I'm an East Coaster, I spend significant amounts of time at 10K alt in CO, so mountainy stuff is cool but not required unless it's really unique and special. It would be MUCH appreciated to get any good tips from you locals on 'must-sees' in those 2 towns, Missoula, or alternate short road trip destinations.

PS I'm a Bierstadt whore, so if anyone knows of any paintings of his that might be in the area, I'd be grateful for a heads-up :geek:
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    if we win that ticket drawing, we're riding with you. just strap us to the roof! :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    if we win that ticket drawing, we're riding with you. just strap us to the roof! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    quartertoten dropped out......but cubee girl is officially in....

looks like we have 6 in right now...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

+2 on the roof (possibly)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:

+2 on the roof (possibly)

if we take my truck...you can crash in the bed with the luggage. :lol::lol::lol:

actually, based on teh 3K prize value...you could fly us all in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

if we take my truck...you can crash in the bed with the luggage. :lol::lol::lol:

i don't think it includes airfare....but i could certainly buy you all a beer! :D

oh...and the bed of the truck will be fine. we've camped in Oklahoma before, so it's not a big deal. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i don't think it includes airfare....but i could certainly buy you all a beer! :D

oh...and the bed of the truck will be fine. we've camped in Oklahoma before, so it's not a big deal. :)

the super duper 2 person side of stage includes airfare, hotel and tix for the show and dinner on sat night. sweet deal for the winner. i would think a car rental in MT as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

is mamasan going?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    the super duper 2 person side of stage includes airfare, hotel and tix for the show and dinner on sat night. sweet deal for the winner. i would think a car rental in MT as well.

wow. i didn't read the fine print, i guess. if that's the case, beers & merch for everyone!!! :D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    81 wrote:

is mamasan going?

:thumbdown: it's her anniversery. unless something crazy happens, she's out. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

is mamasan going?

i told her she should tell her hubby this is what she wants as an anniversary gift. but, i think it is a no go for mamasan. :cry: :thumbdown:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

is mamasan going?

:thumbdown: party pooper
  • Options
    We can take my car. It's an auto. Three people will be easy, 4 plus luggage might be tight. I didn't get tickets either. Not worried about that thought something will come up.
  • Options
    We can take my car. It's an auto. Three people will be easy, 4 plus luggage might be tight. I didn't get tickets either. Not worried about that thought something will come up.

hey hey.....an auto might make things a bit more easy to rotate drivers in and out. :lol:

sucks that the rental cost is so damn much on teh van. friggen 2 grand for a half a dozen days :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i have a feeling, with this small cars, my knee's are going to need surgery in MT. :fp: :lol:

i for do hope we can fill the van... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    For about $350 a person we can fly out of Chicago to spokane and drive that far. Was just looking at different things. It's how I kill time.
  • Options
    For about $350 a person we can fly out of Chicago to spokane and drive that far. Was just looking at different things. It's how I kill time.

it was 250 for airfare a couple of days ago..

i think i've looked at just about every combo. :lol:

just amazes me that you can rent a car for 25-35 per day, but a full size van is 100+ for the group size now, a full sized van seems like it would be just about perfect until you factor in the rental fee, and mileage woudl be like half of the cars, so there isn't a fuel savings. the party bus is at least a diesel which in theory should help.

the is the first time i've ever wished i bought the double cab tacoma...that combined with a car would be perfect

we'll figure it out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah plane ticket still $240's figured everyone throw in a hundy would cover 2 cars. Yeah I don't care how we get there as long as we get there.
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    How am I just hearing about this?

:fp:
  • Options
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    How am I just hearing about this?

:fp:

it's a 34 page thread? what more do you need? :fp:

besides, it's not like you are going......are you....naaa....you can't be, you'd wiffle waffle right out of it :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

try a fly out of Chicago and fly in to Helena. Then it's a 2 hour drive to Missoula.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    A female grizzly cub. This was on the front page of the paper yesterday.

Photo03351.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    looks like the, I'm Going to Missoula Thread, is killing this thread....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland