Options

***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Caveeze wrote:
    They wont use Ams for that price.. and "do" what?? spin a drain plug out? unloosen a filter? C'mon G!! get it together...

i know....

i used to do it myself until oil went to 4+ for a quart. between teh filter and the oil, it's about the same cost as the shop doing it. and i don't have to deal with the mess
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    But just to say.. Everyone should be embracing and trusting the longer life synthetic oils and their filters.. It cost more up front, but if you are changing oil every 3k with some bullshit, you are wasting money and polluting the earth.. Ams oil is where its at.. Mobil 1 is where its at.. Royal Purple is pimp sounding, and where its at..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Caveeze wrote:
    But just to say.. Everyone should be embracing and trusting the longer life synthetic oils and their filters.. It cost more up front, but if you are changing oil every 3k with some bullshit, you are wasting money and polluting the earth.. Ams oil is where its at.. Mobil 1 is where its at.. Royal Purple is pimp sounding, and where its at..

is it ok if i do 5k per the owners manual and use basic toyota oil :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

I run ams oil in my 4runner.. 15k or one year.. and I fully expect to turn 300,000 miles on the original motor..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    i better factor in brake pads too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    I run ams oil in my 4runner.. 15k or one year.. and I fully expect to turn 300,000 miles on the original motor..

i'm not really worried about the motor in mine, i'm more worried about everything else. seems like there are a few minor electrical gremlins in it. between the airbag spiral cable to the fan speed switch light working part time.

time will tell
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

4Runners rule. That's what I have. Man, you are VGL.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

You already admitted you had 70k on those puppies. You're on borrowed time already. :nono:
  • Options
    Are you a "black ice" man??

I swear, out of all the pine trees I see swinging from the rearview, Black Ice has taken over..

Do they even sell "Cherry" anymore?? Bullshit!!!!
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

You already admitted you had 70k on those puppies. You're on borrowed time already. :nono:
    73 and a half
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

4Runners rule. That's what I have. Man, you are VGL.

4runner is the ***official*** VGL vehicle.. Welcome to school my friend!!
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:

I swear, out of all the pine trees I see swinging from the rearview, Black Ice has taken over..

:lol:

no...

oh....the clutch....better factor that in as well :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    81 wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    What are you concluding from this info? That email said they would be voiding authorizations, so unless they are not doing that, if you have an authorization still they just haven't got to you yet. Or at least that's what I am thinking.... and hoping :).

i'm hoping...but based on KW getting a new transaction today, i'm pretty concerned.
    Maybe you don't know yet be cause you won that raffle... :think:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

no...

Clutch?

hey 81.. 1972 called, they want there way of life back..
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    What are you concluding from this info? That email said they would be voiding authorizations, so unless they are not doing that, if you have an authorization still they just haven't got to you yet. Or at least that's what I am thinking.... and hoping :).

i'm hoping...but based on KW getting a new transaction today, i'm pretty concerned.
    Maybe you don't know yet be cause you won that raffle... :think:

i lost :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

no...

Clutch?

i'll take a manual over an auto any day of the week. 1972 auto's were junk. chrysler auto's are still junk :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Clutch?

:lol::lol:

He also opted for the "high beam light switch on the floor by your left foot" package. Comes with an 8 track player at no charge. :lol:
  • Options
    those floor switches were bullet proof.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I could see a stick in a sports car.. but man, you drive a toyota pick-up (which seems to be the preferred vehicle of guerilla warfare type all around the world.. I mean seriously, everytime I see a bunch of dudes with AK-47's and their face covered by bandanas, they seem to be riding around in a toyota pick-up)

embrace the automatic..

I cant be smoking a bowl, talking to Leeze, and clutching my way off of the off ramp all at once.. something has to give..
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    I could see a stick in a sports car.. but man, you drive a toyota pick-up (which seems to be the preferred vehicle of guerilla warfare type all around the world.. I mean seriously, everytime I see a bunch of dudes with AK-47's and their face covered by bandanas, they seem to be riding around in a toyota pick-up)

embrace the automatic..

I cant be smoking a bowl, talking to Leeze, and clutching my way off of the off ramp all at once.. something has to give..

T100's usually and old land cruisers. You could probably roll those fuckers off a boat into the middle of the ocean and they would float back to shore three years later and still start and run just fine.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

embrace the automatic..

T100's usually and old land cruisers. You could probably roll those fuckers off a boat into the middle of the ocean and they would float back to shore three years later and still start and run just fine.
    This is why I bought my 4runner..
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    i still haven't got my email.
  • Options
    Ahhhh.... still no email?
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:

don't get me started on you multi taskers.

that said, i can drive with one arm and one leg if need be. manual all the way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

any paypal info?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    so a couple of house keeping things....

speaking of manual's...if we end up with a caravan...the current vehicle selection includes KW's car and my truck which are both manual....

can you drive a manual transmission car?

nature lover has booked the deluxe cabin and asked me to find some roomies....

if you are interested drop her pm.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    who secured tickets so far?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

any paypal info?
    Paypal says its complete. For GA. I can drive manual! Now off to get cut open. Hopefully this hospital has wifi?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

any paypal info?
    Paypal says its complete. For GA. I can drive manual! Now off to get cut open. Hopefully this hospital has wifi?

rumor has it, complete is good.

excellent, so we have three people that can handle a manual. anybody else.

anybody else wanna offer up an automatic for the trip. :corn: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I've only driven an automatic once, didn't like it.

I'd be really grateful if someone could pick me up on the way :D
This discussion has been closed.