World Cup 2014 - Brazil!

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    big, big win
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Very big win, especially in light of Portugal's loss! Damn, I've never felt so nervous watching the USMNT. Not good for the heart!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    WOW, Huge win! USA!!!!!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    awesome win.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Infuckingcredible. Got smoked but got the points. Like what they have to say. Know they got out played but points are most important. Gotta get better. Portugal is in a bad place
  • OctopuS27OctopuS27 Posts: 569
    why the fuck they get basketball ref's for a world soccer cup?
    this world cup is done for me
    i've seen it all
    Brasil-Deutchland in the final....easy
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

Infuckingcredible. Got smoked but got the points. Like what they have to say. Know they got out played but points are most important. Gotta get better. Portugal is in a bad place

Fucking crazy. After scoring right away, it was pretty disappointing to see Ghana dominate possession like that did. But for Brooks to get that goal in the 86th like that was unreal! And like you said...we got the points and that's all that matters. Portugal got smoked today, but they'll be desperate on Sunday....who knows what will happen in this gam win the jungle.
    Surprised this thread is so quiet. That Mexico goalie had the game of his life yesterday.....some unreal saves. That Russian goalie did not have the game of his life yesterday....brutal goal he gave up there.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

Surprised this thread is so quiet. That Mexico goalie had the game of his life yesterday.....some unreal saves. That Russian goalie did not have the game of his life yesterday....brutal goal he gave up there.

Putin already has him on a plane to Siberia
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    There is way too much bitching about the reffing. Mexico got jobbed the most out of anyone so far and that was by the same linesman (not the ref), and they are doing just fine.

Yes, reffing matters, but other than the Brazil PK in game 1, there really hasn't been anything that egregious that's effected a game one way or the other (thankfully, Mexico got the result they deserved after the linesman tried to butcher their first game).

The red to Pepe was completely correct. Yes, Muller was overreacting, but ummmm.... I think the head butt was WAAAAAAAYYYYYY overreacting. It's a red, plain and simple. Just like the Zisou red when the dude was basically degrading his sister and mother. You cannot give in to temptation.

The soccer has been great (other than that absolutely brutal, unwatchable 0-0 tie Iran and Nigeria played).

Even Italy decided not to play their typical crappy brand of soccer.

Hopefully it will continue even after teams start to see the result they need to advance.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Scary video of one of the staircases at the stadium in Maracana ... it's amazing it didn't collapse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkuFdtoGtqo
    Incredible goal from Cahill.
    Australia sure made it entertaining. I really thought they played well. But the Dutch were just too much for them. The Dutch are a quality side, so Australia should feel good about the performance. They certainly aquitted themselves better than Spain did. Spain have a chance to redeem themselves in an hour. We'll see if the team I picked to be in the final match against Germany actually comes to play this time.
    Ronaldo left training an hour early today and was on the ground with ice on his knee

Wow, bummer for him, but good news for us. I know he's been doing that occassionally lately, so I hope he's not at 100%. We're both going to be without some starters, and a hobbled CR7 will at least help since I'm not convinced we can contain a 100% fit version of Ronaldo.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    Fuck SPAIN go Chile we just need 1 point to get to the next round ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    jeffbr said:

Wow, bummer for him, but good news for us. I know he's been doing that occassionally lately, so I hope he's not at 100%. We're both going to be without some starters, and a hobbled CR7 will at least help since I'm not convinced we can contain a 100% fit version of Ronaldo.

Yeah, this isn't bad news for the US. I'm sure Ronaldo will play, but definitely doesn't sound like he will be 100%.

jeffbr said:

Yeah, this isn't bad news for the US. I'm sure Ronaldo will play, but definitely doesn't sound like he will be 100%.
    Take with a massive grain of salt

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/portuguese-doctor-tells-cristiano-ronaldo-playing-with-knee-injury-could-be-career-threatening/
    Well, I don't wish a career ending injury on him. I'd encourage him to follow his surgeon's advice. He's entertaining to watch, but I'd be fine with missing some of his entertaining play on Sunday.
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
    Go chile! Would be cool if spain didnt make the playoffs
    Does anyone know of Tonya Harding's whereabouts?
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Good nite Spain! Wow!
    Well, my bracket is blown to hell! Not that I really mind, since I've got Germany winning it all. Maybe we'll have a Germany v. Netherlands final match.
    Viva CHILE mierda they took it to Spain adios Spain they are partying in Santiago tonight .....whooo hooooo =D>
    Speaking on behalf of ugly Americans, was Spain supposed to be any good?
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Jason P said:

Winners of the last 3 MAJOR tournaments. I would say so....
    Jason P said:

They are defending champs with 16 players who were on that squad i'd say yeah they were supposed to be one of the elite teams ...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    Adios Spain!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    So Spain has won the last three major championships ... How many of those were Super Bowls?
    Or was it like the the French open or something like that? Technically a major ... but French ...

How is their Arian Youth block of fans taking the loss?

- signed, the ugly American

:P
    Awesome! Now Cameroon players are headbutting each other. Yeehaw! Nice game by Croatia. Now I'd like to see Croatia take it to Mexico.