World Cup 2014 - Brazil!

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Bradley as god awful. He's played horrible in both games. Bench his ass!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2014
    Not much we could do on that last one. Ronaldo made a perfect cross. Definitely deflating. We played well after that god awful clearance early on.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Only in America does a guy who gave up the ball in the offensive third get blamed for the loss. Bunch of fucking morons. First 70 minutes of the World Cup he was awful, he played fine tonight. It's cute America blames the guy who gave up the ball at portugals 18 over cameron who let 2!!! 2!!!! Guys get behind him
    edited June 2014

Bradley as god awful. He's played horrible in both games. Bench his ass!!!!!!

Stick to american football
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Should Portugal have had the ball? No, that is Bradley's fault. You know what isn't Bradley's fault? The other 10 people not tracking bsck
    Dempsey being out just those last couple minutes was tough too.

Not much we could do on that last one. Ronaldo made a perfect cross. Definitely deflating. We played well after that god awful clearance early on.

This team is exactly where they needed to be coming in. No one expected Germany to tie Ghana. The path out of the group was a win and a tie In the first two games. Unfortunately Ghana didn't comply.

That was the most heartbreaking goal I have experienced.

This team is exactly where they needed to be coming in. No one expected Germany to tie Ghana. The path out of the group was a win and a tie In the first two games. Unfortunately Ghana didn't comply.

It was the exact opposite feeling of Donovan's goal four years ago.

It was the exact opposite feeling of Donovan's goal four years ago.
    Dude. When I left the bar that is the exact thing I thought
    Soooooooooo, any shot a fix is in Thursday? A tie puts both teams through

Haha, if you asked Klinsman, the draw was set up for the top teams to make it through. He implied as much post game. The guy has caught a lot of flack, but I like him. I would think Germany wants a win against him bad.

Haha, if you asked Klinsman, the draw was set up for the top teams to make it through. He implied as much post game. The guy has caught a lot of flack, but I like him. I would think Germany wants a win against him bad.
    I like him too. He can't be blamed for either of those goals, complete mental breakdowns.

Germany definitely wants a win, but a tie wins them the group.

We can beat Belgium
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    I admit it, i don't know a lot of soccer, but was there any chance that Howard could've came out of his net and punched the ball away, or catch that cross? You could see that Rinaldo was going to cross that ball.
    cutz said:

I admit it, i don't know a lot of soccer, but was there any chance that Howard could've came out of his net and punched the ball away, or catch that cross? You could see that Rinaldo was going to cross that ball.

Not really. That was a perfect ball put right on dudes head. 9 time out of 10 that misses his head and if he comes out there is a wide open goal for wherever the ball goes
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    cutz said:

That last goal was in NO WAY Howard's fault. That guy saved the game for us. How many sick saves did he have? I counted 3
    cutz said:

Yeah, would have been a risky play to try and come out for it. Unbelievable cross. That guy is one of the best.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

:)) Aussies shouldn't even be here. Dodged a play in Vs European team by somehow becoming Asian.

That doesn't even make sense because Australia aren't in Europe either...and they have every Right to be in there just like every other Team.
    What sucks the most is that Christina was irrelevant until that last play
    How is the EXTRA time added calculated?
    cutz said:

They add up any stoppage time and tack it on at the end.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    the US where this >< close!!!

before the game, I thought a tie would have been a great result, but since they were so close to winning it,, makes it tough to swallow

on the positives:
    they played amazing against the 4th ranked team in the world.
    they were able to shut down Ronaldo.
    they got 1 point from tonight's game
    they beat Ghana!
    bottom line, they are still in it!
    rick1zoo2 said:

before the game, I thought a tie would have been a great result, but since they were so close to winning it,, makes it to swallow

on the positives:
    they played amazing against the 4Th ranked team in the world.
    they beat Ghana!

Yes and I liked Dempsey and Klinsmans take on it. I am sure it was a tough beat but they both had a positive, forward looking outlook. I liked when Klinsman said beat Germany, and not just get a point by tying. I wish I didn't have to work during the game Thursday.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

rick1zoo2 said:

before the game, I thought a tie would have been a great result, but since they were so close to winning it,, makes it to swallow

on the positives:
    they played amazing against the 4Th ranked team in the world.
    they beat Ghana!

Yes and I liked Dempsey and Klinsmans take on it. I am sure it was a tough beat but they both had a positive, forward looking outlook. I liked when Klinsman said beat Germany, and not just get a point by tying. I wish I didn't have to work during the game Thursday.
    As one would expect from those 2, but, I looked at the faces of some of the players coming off the field and I didn't like what I saw. Tough loss NO DOUBT, but they have to stay positive no matter what. They have a chance at something special here. The big guys have to grab a hold of the locker room and keep it together. Huge fucken game vs Germany. What a fucken funny way things work out. An ex legendary German all world player coaching against his country. Fucken Disney movie on the line boys! Bring on the GERMANS!!!! >:/
    A loss could fuck either team. A tie gets both through. I expect a very boring game and a very exiting game on the other half of the geoup

cutz said:

They add up any stoppage time and tack it on at the end.
    How come they just don't stop the clock?

Lets say that the USA loses to Germany 2-1. What are the chances they still advance?
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,365

Only in America does a guy who gave up the ball in the offensive third get blamed for the loss. Bunch of fucking morons. First 70 minutes of the World Cup he was awful, he played fine tonight. It's cute America blames the guy who gave up the ball at portugals 18 over cameron who let 2!!! 2!!!! Guys get behind him

He's made two crucial turnovers in the first two games, hit an open shot DIRECTLY at the only defender in the goal, he knows to shoot low to the post and he should have put that ball out in the final 30 seconds, my daughter who plays U9 knows this.
    edited June 2014
    cutz said:

Lets say that the USA loses to Germany 2-1. What are the chances they still advance?

They still advance with a tie between Ghana and Portugal, or if they hold the tiebreaker(goal differential) over the winner of that match. So they have a decent chance either way, but I want the win!

cutz said:

They still advance with a tie between Ghana and Portugal, or if they hold the tiebreaker(goal differential) over the winner of that match. So they have a decent chance either way, but I want the win!
    YES, just win the game and all of that other shit(AKA:tiebreakers) won't matter.

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    OctopuS27 said:

the United States of America beats Deutschland
    i believe

Not a chance.