World Cup 2014 - Brazil!

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I really like Spain. Love the country, probably one of my favorites in Europe. Tapas, wine and siesta. Yes, please. Like the way they play soccer as well.

Don't mind an underdog story either though.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    so far I am very much enjoying the tournament. From Spain being eliminated, Australia giving the Dutch something to think about, Mexico tying Brazil, Portugal imploding to the machine that is Germany, to the excruciating win from the US against Ghana, Cost Rica defeating Uruguay....

so many story lines, been a great tournament
  • OctopuS27OctopuS27 Posts: 569
    if Ghana beats Germany and Portugal wins USA we will go to the last fixture all tied :)
    yesterday we got to see the best Chile time ever,, and that 3-4-3 is just great

how i missed that Cahill punching, love him
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    OctopuS27 said:

if Ghana beats Germany and Portugal wins USA we will go to the last fixture all tied :)

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but Ghana IS NOT beating Germany. Portugal mite beat the US. Chile looked good and they have a pretty good shot at making a nice little run here. But in reality, the big guns are gonna be the Germans, Dutch and Argentina. Brazil has the home factor but a lot of pressure too. Pretty good tournament so far. Still can't believe Spain was bounced.....ole, ole ole ole
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
    OctopuS27 said:

if Ghana beats Germany

:)) :))
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    badbrains said:

OctopuS27 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but Ghana IS NOT beating Germany. Portugal mite beat the US. Chile looked good and they have a pretty good shot at making a nice little run here. But in reality, the big guns are gonna be the Germans, Dutch and Argentina. Brazil has the home factor but a lot of pressure too. Pretty good tournament so far. Still can't believe Spain was bounced.....ole, ole ole ole
    Without Pepe and Ronaldo, the US might be able to pull out a win, but will have to play much better. I'd be pleased if they can manage a draw with Portugal. I fully expect Ronaldo to play though.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Great assist by cavani
    Kevin-Prince know's all about them, you'll see ;)
    now this was a great ref over this awesome match, Japan-Greece
    Ronaldo will play, but the real force has to be the other ten players, without it he has free kicks also, 9 out 10 he will score
    we'll see, believe Germany is overrated, that ref was his first apearence, from Servia

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited June 2014
    OctopuS27 said:

Kevin-Prince know's all about them, you'll see ;)
    now this was a great ref over this awesome match, Japan-Greece
    Ronaldo will play, but the real force has to be the other ten players, without it he has free kicks also, 9 out 10 he will score
    we'll see, believe Germany is overrated, that ref was his first apearence, from Servia

Are you blaming the ref for 0-4 shelacking? :))
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    and for 10 minutes I thought England might have had a chance....
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

Looked like a well-deserved red card to me. Pepe is a moron.

Yep, and it's not the first time he's done something like that. He has a history of petulant behaviour on the pitch. I'm glad they're out of the competition.

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I said before the World Cup that when England get knocked out after losing to Italy and Urugauy, that I'd support Chile and/or Colombia. It's looking pretty good for me \:D/
    yes i'm blaming the ref, because that first penalty is a joke
    and yes Pepe is stupid, if he just stand still after the headbutt Muller was out too...
    Back in Euro2004 we lost the first match too and then went to the final
    we're not finished yet
    Portugal! Portugal!
    OctopuS27 said:

and yes Pepe is stupid, if he just stand still after the headbutt Muller was out too...
    we're not finished yet
    Portugal! Portugal!

I'm sorry octopus, Pepe DOESNT even belong on the field. I made a promise to myself and all my cule friends out there. If I ever see Pepe in real life, I'm gonna kick him right in his mouth. I FUCKEN hate that fucker more then any player........maybe even a little more the Cristina. Guy has ZERO respect for anyone he plays against and is nothing more then a goon. I bet he's a pussy off the field too. Puto Pepe!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    OctopuS27 said:

we're not finished yet
    Portugal! Portugal!

Pepe is a moron and deserved that red card. He's the soccer equivalent of a hockey goon.

Portugal is going down on Sunday!

OctopuS27 said:

we're not finished yet
    Portugal! Portugal!

Pepe is a moron and deserved that red card. He's the soccer equivalent of a hockey goon.

Portugal is going down on Sunday!
    HELL YA indifference!!! Fuck that fucktard! And Portugal will go down in defeat!
    How about the guy on Uruguay getting kneed in the head and pretty much knocked out cold yesterday going right back in the game?? Does FIFA have any rules concerning concussions/head injuries?? That was ridiculous yesterday.
    edited June 2014
    I hope this link works. I love this sport but god damn it, enough of the flopping shit!!!!

I think it's fucken hilarious shit!!!! =))

How about the guy on Uruguay getting kneed in the head and pretty much knocked out cold yesterday going right back in the game?? Does FIFA have any rules concerning concussions/head injuries?? That was ridiculous yesterday.

I think that was an accident
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

Definitely an accident, but I think Indifference was wondering about concussion protocol. He defnitely wouldn't have been allowed back in the game if it was MLS, NCAA, high school or youth club soccer. Hell, he wouldn't have gone back in if he were an NFL player. We are very strict about protocol these days. He was knocked silly. But he seemed to recover quickly. He clearly didn't want to miss a minute of World Cup play.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Go Costa Rica, great 1st half! Good to see CONCACAF doing so well in the tournament (although I'll never cheer for Mexico). And I'm always happy to see Italy go down. That goal was karma since they should have been awared a penalty just minutes before.
    jeffbr said:

Go Costa Rica, great 1st half! Good to see CONCACAF doing so well in the tournament (although I'll never cheer for Mexico). And I'm always happy to see Italy go down. That goal was karma since they should have been awared a penalty just minutes before.

Yeah, costa rica is looking great, and all american teams too
    Wow. What an upset
    jeffbr said:

Definitely an accident, but I think Indifference was wondering about concussion protocol. He defnitely wouldn't have been allowed back in the game if it was MLS, NCAA, high school or youth club soccer. Hell, he wouldn't have gone back in if he were an NFL player. We are very strict about protocol these days. He was knocked silly. But he seemed to recover quickly. He clearly didn't want to miss a minute of World Cup play.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. The guy was laying on the ground looking unconscious and yet he goes back into the game a few minutes later??? Insane.
    England is going home.. costa rica muy buena
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Big game between Italy and Uruguay now
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    And then there were 28. As of today it looks like these teams have now been eliminated:
    Cameroon
    Australia
    Spain
    England

Who's next?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A psychic clam is predicting a US victory over Portugal ...

gawker.com/exclusive-psychic-clam-predicts-u-s-world-cup-victory-1593776419/+tcraggs22
    Things really fell apart quickly there for the Swiss. That 2nd goal is completely on the goalie...you gotta make that save.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    The Honduras/ Ecuador is pretty solid entertainment.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23