How to have a green lush lawn in 3 easy steps

12346»

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    Fertilizer my ASS!!!!

4 years here, and I never once used fertilizer, of any kind.
    This Spring I decided to give it a try.

And now I need to mow my lawn every 20-30 minutes!
    :lol::lol::lol:

Never again.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Fertilizer my ASS!!!!

Never again.

:lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Fertilizer my ASS!!!!

Never again.

:lol::lol: that sucks. I had that happen too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Fertilizer my ASS!!!!

Never again.

Never again.
    I don't give a fuck how bad my lawn looks.
    Never again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Fertilizer my ASS!!!!

Never again.

Never again.
    I don't give a fuck how bad my lawn looks.
    Never again.

trust me...i didn't fertalize for a couple of years, and it looked misserable.

starting to look halfways decent...still need to fix some spots....such a pita to get grass to start...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

starting to look halfways decent...still need to fix some spots....such a pita to get grass to start...
    http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CPjQ ... htype%253D

I used this shit on some bare spots.
    This shit works like a charm.
    In 2-3 weeks.
    81 wrote:

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CPjQ ... htype%253D

I used this shit on some bare spots.
    This shit works like a charm.
    In 2-3 weeks.

i need to do a better job of breaking up the soil before putting down the seed. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Funny, this was the top thread on my list just now. Spring Green just finished spraying my lawn. $50 per application, this shit better work.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    crabgrass killer applied in the spring and fall
    watering at least twice a week (more when it's really hot)
    turf builder if necessary
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    this thread is exactly one year old
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    lawns must be a guy thing. i think they're stupid.
    i planted some mint a few years ago and it's spreading through my "lawn" like crazy. it smells wonderful when you walk across it. i wish it would spread across the whole property so i'd never have to mow again.
    did you see me? i saw you.
    shortstack wrote:
    i planted some mint a few years ago and it's spreading through my "lawn" like crazy. it smells wonderful when you walk across it. i wish it would spread across the whole property so i'd never have to mow again.

I think there's some manual somewhere that says we must remain proud of our lawns..its the barrier between us and our enemies. And no self respecting man is supposed to admit that they want their lawn to smell fragrant. Its akin to the fac tthat I will never admit that I use a shay butter body wash with an exfoliating loofah after im done in the yard. ::growls like a caveman::

needless to say, I had to hack at the bougainvillea this weekend. Thorns are not my friend.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    gotta mow tonight. :fp:

maybe should do my ex neighbors yard too. fuckin foreclosed on. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Dang, I was just wondering about that yesterday. My neighbors place is looking shabby. If they're foreclosed on, you've got a long annoying eye-sore to contend with. Sorry to hear that man...
    81 wrote:

Dang, I was just wondering about that yesterday. My neighbors place is looking shabby. If they're foreclosed on, you've got a long annoying eye-sore to contend with. Sorry to hear that man...

yeah....thankfully, the other forclosed properties haven't stayed empty very long. just hope we continue to get decent neighbors
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    ...And so I begin year three of not having to worry about a lawn
    My degenerate neighbor moved away a few weeks ago. His lawn was getting really lawn. He stopped by to mow it but ran out of gas. So the strip right along my property line didnt get mowed, about 15 from my property line into his lawn. Never came back. So I mowed it. I had to go over it 4 fucking times it was so long, past my knees.

Anyway, Spring Green sprayed last week. Those dandelions caught hell. They are dead as shit. Now I just need them to disappear and be replaced by grass. What spray does that? :)
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    My degenerate neighbor moved away a few weeks ago. His lawn was getting really lawn. He stopped by to mow it but ran out of gas. So the strip right along my property line didnt get mowed, about 15 from my property line into his lawn. Never came back. So I mowed it. I had to go over it 4 fucking times it was so long, past my knees.

Anyway, Spring Green sprayed last week. Those dandelions caught hell. They are dead as shit. Now I just need them to disappear and be replaced by grass. What spray does that? :)

Green spray paint :P

Or not :lol:

Green spray paint :P

Or not :lol:

The dandelion plants are still there, they are just dead. If I spray them green it would just look weird. :lol:
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Fuck my lawn! At least it's "mostly" grass.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668

I just started pulling them out and they never came back. Got sick of all the dead weeds sitting there.

i did that too.

strip between the sidewalk and road is hell on the west side of the hosue. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    shortstack wrote:

I think there's some manual somewhere that says we must remain proud of our lawns..its the barrier between us and our enemies. And no self respecting man is supposed to admit that they want their lawn to smell fragrant. Its akin to the fac tthat I will never admit that I use a shay butter body wash with an exfoliating loofah after im done in the yard. ::growls like a caveman::

needless to say, I had to hack at the bougainvillea this weekend. Thorns are not my friend.

you're adorable

mint is supposed to help repel skeeters too
    did you see me? i saw you.
    Lawn looks good
    Garden bed looks GREAT!
    Veggies are doing ok.

Life is good.
    July 12 and I haven't had to water the lawn once.
    Not once.

Rain, rain go away...

7-10 days I may have myself some tomatoes.
    I have already plucked some banana peppers and beans.
    Zucchini is kicking ass.

All is well.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,793
    ...And so I begin year three of not having to worry about a lawn
    don't be so smug there youngster!!!! Your time will come once again!!!!

I'm sure your parents are looking forward to you moving back home after school!!!! Figure you'll be on your own by age 35? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I hear that putting feritlizer down on labor day and mother's day is a good way to remember..
    I put fertilizer and now now the grass is growing like crazy. Its nice and green, But I notices a circle (diameter about 10 inches) in the middle of the lawn where it looks like the grass is dead or burnt. I wonder if I spilled fertilizer there. Anyone know if it can burn/kill spots??