• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol: pm kat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    norm wrote:

we need library cards here :lol::lol:

Seconded!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    :lol: pm kat

she'd permaban me :lol::lol:
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Here's a new method for you 81. Try it out....tell me how it works out.

:corn:

Some home gardeners swear by an unorthodox method to make their lawns green again: Mix together 1 can of regular beer, 1 can of sugar soda, 1/2 cup of non-antibacterial dishwashing liquid, 1/2 cup of liquid ammonia, and 1/2 cup of mouthwash in a ten gallon sprayer attached to your garden hose and then spray your lawn. If your grass is very brown, spray every three weeks.

Some home gardeners swear by an unorthodox method to make their lawns green again: Mix together 1 can of regular beer, 1 can of sugar soda, 1/2 cup of non-antibacterial dishwashing liquid, 1/2 cup of liquid ammonia, and 1/2 cup of mouthwash in a ten gallon sprayer attached to your garden hose and then spray your lawn. If your grass is very brown, spray every three weeks.

i've decided brown looks good. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Ever consider spray paint? ;):lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:

i've decided brown looks good. :lol:

that's my theory as well. :lol:

But I saw this and thought this would be right up your alley :lol::lol::lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    just shit on it. and wait.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Now would be a good time for some fall turf builder with weed control.........
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,669
    Fuck the lawn

Out of principal I wouldnt pay a company $300 to spray my lawn with chemicals and kill weeds and grubs and shit. Fuck that. I can do it myself with picking the weeds and spot-spraying.
    It was kind of fun at first. Things were working OK. Had a few crab grass spots, but going well. As the spring/early Summer wore on, the weeds were increasing, and I swear to fuck, they were adapting according to my weeding methods. Instead of centrally located roots I could rip out, they were forming widespread/random rooting systems that were impossible to eliminate.

Then the drought came. Everything was pretty dead. Great. At least no weeds.

Then the fall and finally some rain. Grass comes back but my yard is overcome with many species of weed. Then there are there peculiar zombie-weeds around my driveway. You couldnt dig them out because they were somehow fused into the asphalt. If you cut them, they would be 2x the size they were in like 2 hours. I couldnt take it and had my driveway replaced and widened by like 8 inches on each side so they can get rid of those scary weeds.

Clover now in the back yard. I kill huge chunks of that shit by spraying. A small portion always remains unsprayed somehow and survives. That shit is like AIDS for lawns.

And my property is connected to a pond/wetlands. The wetlands is trying to spread further into my back yard.

So Im going to pay for a service next year.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Fuck the lawn

Out of principal I wouldnt pay a company $300 to spray my lawn with chemicals and kill weeds and grubs and shit. Fuck that. I can do it myself with picking the weeds and spot-spraying.
    It was kind of fun at first. Things were working OK. Had a few crab grass spots, but going well. As the spring/early Summer wore on, the weeds were increasing, and I swear to fuck, they were adapting according to my weeding methods. Instead of centrally located roots I could rip out, they were forming widespread/random rooting systems that were impossible to eliminate.

Then the drought came. Everything was pretty dead. Great. At least no weeds.

Then the fall and finally some rain. Grass comes back but my yard is overcome with many species of weed. Then there are there peculiar zombie-weeds around my driveway. You couldnt dig them out because they were somehow fused into the asphalt. If you cut them, they would be 2x the size they were in like 2 hours. I couldnt take it and had my driveway replaced and widened by like 8 inches on each side so they can get rid of those scary weeds.

Clover now in the back yard. I kill huge chunks of that shit by spraying. A small portion always remains unsprayed somehow and survives. That shit is like AIDS for lawns.

And my property is connected to a pond/wetlands. The wetlands is trying to spread further into my back yard.

So Im going to pay for a service next year.

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually ment throw some of this down, it does help with the spring!

http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/produ ... d=cat50048
    Now would be a good time for some fall turf builder with weed control.........

now would be a good time to have teenagers.

stupid leaves
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    mickeyrat wrote:
    just shit on it. and wait.
    did ya take this little tip and run with it? how did it work out? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Today would be good day to go out and buy some spring fertilizer.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I tell you hhwhat
    Will do.....should i put it down today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I'm doin the same. But waiting till the thaw. All the moisture in the grass will suck in the seed and feed well. I'm gonna wait a few days till we get more days in the 50's. I'll let you know when I throw some down on mine.
    81 wrote:
    I'm doin the same. But waiting till the thaw. All the moisture in the grass will suck in the seed and feed well. I'm gonna wait a few days till we get more days in the 50's. I'll let you know when I throw some down on mine.
    Cool...thanks

I'm gona have the best shitty yaed ever
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    Im waiting a week or 2.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Picked up the fertalizer....still a little snow on the lawn...we wait
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    A tiller, garden rake, and a roller
    Some fresh topsoil
    A pallet or two of Bermuda sod

At least that's what the landscapers around here have told me.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Im dropping the fertilizer next sunday. I've got clovers and weeds starting to pop up. Fuck.
    And I have a huge gumbo limbo tree in the back yard that has become infested with white fly, invasive species. They're killing the grass around the tree. I wish I knew what Bob Ross would do.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I wish I knew what Bob Ross would do.

he'd paint a picture of mountain tops
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,669
    Im just hiring a service this year.

Spent nearly as much, and many hours trying to do it myself and it was a losing battle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,914
    I went by my old house in vegas.

had no fucking idea "my" yard could be so green :shock:

Juan and his crew are working wonders.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    Bought my first house last year. The winter killed my lawn. so this weekend i tilled I just fertilized and seeded the lawn, bought an automatic water timer for my sprinklers. How long and often should the water go on? I have it set for an hour daily at 4 am. But the hippie in me says that's way too much wasted water...
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Bought my first house last year. The winter killed my lawn. so this weekend i tilled I just fertilized and seeded the lawn, bought an automatic water timer for my sprinklers. How long and often should the water go on? I have it set for an hour daily at 4 am. But the hippie in me says that's way too much wasted water...

an hour daily? Seems like too much. I've got mine set to water every 3-4 days.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)