Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    rlm2145rlm2145 Posts: 68
    This is really, really shitty.

Hotel: non-refundable
    Flight: non-refundable
    Tickets: virtually worthless (at least right now)

I only have so much disposable income. I just wasted about $400 on an Eddie Vedder show I'll never see. And, great, its re-scheduled for Halloween in Vegas. Rates will be astronomical. So close to the show day, this is very, very disappointing.

I know Ed is hurt, but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

I just got an email the this week in regards to my Ten Club membership expiring. I will not be renewing. Too much lost money.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Haven't been on here in months, but ran over as soon as I heard the news..It sucks getting older. Heres hoping for a speedy recovery..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Crap! Crap!! Crap!! Crappity CRAP!!!!!

I was booked to fly/stay in Clearwater for nights 1 & 2 coming down from Toronto, Canada.... On my birthday!!!!! POOP!!!! ...and sh.t :cry:

Flight & hotel are non-refundable.. Cannot make the reached dates either... Ugh

However, for all the times EV has refueled my soul with his voice... I can do him this solid. Still gonna venture down for the weekend, sit on the beach & grab my umbrella-drink in a toast to Eddie "wish u were here!"

PJ........ U can easily make it up to me by popping up to Canada whenever you're free ;)

Carey in Canada

...tomorrow has to be better, cuz today was sh.tty

Molson Park/Barrie - Aug 05, 1992
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 19, 2005
    EV solo Massey Hall/Toronto - Aug 13, 2008
    Molson Amphitheatre/Toronto - Aug 21, 2009
    HSBC/Buffalo - May 10, 2010
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 12, 2011
  • Options
    slcporchslcporch Posts: 212
    Sad news. Flights unrefundable and flights and hotels for Vegas on Halloween are triple what I would have spent this time. Hoping for a PJ US tour in the fall. 2 tickets for both nights will be back on sale. :cry:
  • Options
    mpnrightmpnright Posts: 23
    really bummed, was looking forward to spending my birthday next week watching Ed in Vegas, no dice now... looked into another room at the Palms. Goes from $60/night for next week to $160/night in Oct/Nov.
  • Options
    ScreamHello_33ScreamHello_33 Orlando, FL Posts: 57
    Quick.....somebody teach McCready the ukelele!
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    and what do I do about my flight?
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Quick.....somebody teach McCready the ukelele!

hahaaaaa YESSS!!!!!
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Bummer no spring jaunt to see Ed. Life happens. And I'd rather him recover for some/a fall P.J. date(s) and have continued health. Here's to a full recovery!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    So sorry to hear this. Get better soon Ed!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    On the bright side postponed is much better than if they were canceled. See you when it's cooler, Ed.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    MS294728MS294728 Posts: 20
    I am absolutely losing my ass on this. 5 days notice? Wow, wow, wow. It's becoming super painful to be a Pearl Jam fan. I sympathize with everyone who posts on here who expresses dissappointment who will be criticized for being dissappointed. I haven't felt this low in a long, long time.
  • Options
    Ticketmaster just told me no refund on my san antonio ticket.
  • Options
    MS294728 wrote:
    I am absolutely losing my ass on this. 5 days notice? Wow, wow, wow. It's becoming super painful to be a Pearl Jam fan. I sympathize with everyone who posts on here who expresses dissappointment who will be criticized for being dissappointed. I haven't felt this low in a long, long time.

you could not be more right.......and people will criticize you because you're a realist
  • Options
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Wait, so the tour was announced about 2 months ago and he's been rehabbing for about 2 months? Math is not my strong suit, but can someone explain how that makes sense?

They know this is an artist that has an extremely large traveling fanbase, and now my rescheduled shows - which I'm already losing out on my flight for - are going to be the weekend leading into Thanksgiving. That theater is going to be empty now, how sad. I had an extra pair I just had to sell 20 rows from the stage and I got $20 less than face for them.

Add that to the fact that my friend and girlfriend who I coaxed into going with us just bought their flights YESTERDAY. UGH. 5 days before the tour we find out? I know shit happens...but this hurts, and certainly was something that could have been avoided in my opinion. No big surprise I guess...it's the new standard.

And now we can pretty much rule out a US Tour this year, which adds to the disappointment. A one-off at Alpine seems possible, but not more than that. I hope Ed gets better and better fast. The Euro Tour isn't far off either.

For the sake of not being negative on this board I'm going to tone down how I really feel about your post. We all know how committed to his music, art, writing, and generally being a good, make that great guy Eddie Vedder is. We've seen it for 21 years now.

You have no idea what he is going through. It could be something worse than what you think it is.

So you have to make a couple of phone calls to cancel a hotel and a flight. I'm not going to say stop crying. That would be rude and I'm not looking to be that way. But I will say you should reevaluate your feelings. Life is about more than concerts and you should refocus your priorities. I understand your initial frustration but hope that you've now lightened up some.

How do you think Aaron Rodgers would react to something like this?
    Dolor es.....?
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    Feel better Ed!

Looks like September/October may be the only chance for some PJ US shows this year.

On the other hand, Ed should be super fresh for Europe in June. He should be good and warm by those 4th and 5th shows in Amsterdam! ;)

But more importantly, feel better Ed!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    What if Ed and his doctors felt up until today that he would have been fine to play? Should they have canceled two weeks ago even if they thought he would be ready? Should they have told people the deal and let them decide if they should cancel?

I'm not sure there's a solution that would have been good for Ed's health and the fans. It sucks but what was the alternative?
  • Options
    RepunzelRepunzel Posts: 24
    We went through this a couple of years ago when Bono blew out his back and had to postpone the 360 degrees tour. Learned 2 things

1) Don't book hotels through sites like Priceline ( not refundable)... try calling the hotel directly and explain the situation to the manager though. The Parc 55 in San Francisco allowed us to postpone our reservation for a year! For this show we booked The Palms for 2 nights directly through the hotel site and they were more than kind about giving us a full refund!

2) Book flights through airlines like South West, you get 100 reusable credit if you have to postpone flights.

Went to the U2 concert last summer...it was worth the wait.

This is a serious medical issue people. He could lose use of this arm/hand entirely if it isn't dealt with properly. I've been there, done that. It hurts and is a possible career destroyer.Blessings!
    Repunzel
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I have a question about airfares... Can't you still use them on a later date?
    A couple of years back, I scheduled a flight for my mom and sister to go to Hawaii and they couldn't make it due to illness. They were able to go at a later date (as long as it was within a year of the originally scheduled date). We were also able to change the dates for the hotel without a additional charge. We would have lost money if we'd cancelled altogether, but the hotel just reserved the rooms for the new dates.
    Can you still do that?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I have a question about airfares... Can't you still use them on a later date?
    A couple of years back, I scheduled a flight for my mom and sister to go to Hawaii and they couldn't make it due to illness. They were able to go at a later date (as long as it was within a year of the originally scheduled date). We were also able to change the dates for the hotel without a additional charge. We would have lost money if we'd cancelled altogether, but the hotel just reserved the rooms for the new dates.
    Can you still do that?

On most airlines you can.

Some advice from someone who travels a lot for work: Never book on orbitz, Expedia, etc... Find fares or rates on there and then go directly to the airline or hotel's site.
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826

For real, what number did you call? I live in Dallas and was gonna do San Antonio, Austins, and Dallas, but now it just doesn't make sense for me to go to Austin, come back to Dallas, and then the next day go back to San Antonio. So San Antonio is out this time.

10C, what do we do if the point of purchase is refusing a refund?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    AmishGuy91 wrote:

For real, what number did you call? I live in Dallas and was gonna do San Antonio, Austins, and Dallas, but now it just doesn't make sense for me to go to Austin, come back to Dallas, and then the next day go back to San Antonio. So San Antonio is out this time.

10C, what do we do if the point of purchase is refusing a refund?

I'd give TM a day to get their system up to date, etc.
  • Options
    tyemarietyemarie Posts: 40
    I truly hope Ed is on the road to recovery and doing well....
    but I am beyond frustrated right now... we leave for Las Vegas monday at 4am. We have tickets for both nights. My husband owns his business and had to make very special arrangements to cover for his absence. My mom is coming from out of town to watch our 2 year old son. Going in Oct/Nov is not an option for us we will have a newborn baby ( i am due in september) and we had to go to great lengths to make arrangements for this trip.
    we were SO looking forward to this trip and relaxing in Vegas and catching Ed, enjoying some solo time before the new baby arrives..... c'est la vie.
    i am crying in my gingerale right now.

Get better Ed!!!
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • Options
    tyemarie wrote:
    I truly hope Ed is on the road to recovery and doing well....
    but I am beyond frustrated right now... we leave for Las Vegas monday at 4am. We have tickets for both nights. My husband owns his business and had to make very special arrangements to cover for his absence. My mom is coming from out of town to watch our 2 year old son. Going in Oct/Nov is not an option for us we will have a newborn baby ( i am due in september) and we had to go to great lengths to make arrangements for this trip.
    we were SO looking forward to this trip and relaxing in Vegas and catching Ed, enjoying some solo time before the new baby arrives..... c'est la vie.
    i am crying in my gingerale right now.

Get better Ed!!!

you have every right to be livid.........should not have scheduled a tour...the timeline suggests that
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    Get well Ed,

I am more upset that i did not get IBTL on sawyers thread, that shit was gold Jerry, pure gold! :lol:

everyone else, please take a chill and November will be here before y'all know it.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    Look on the bright side... just be glad you didn't buy a scalped ticket on Craigs List. The guy who sold you the ticket gets the money paid to him by the foolisth buyer... AND... he gets his credit card credited for everything except the tax and service charge.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I feel bad for anyone missing out because of the postponed/rescheduled dates! Sorry to anyone this negatively affected, I know how frustrating it feels to have a show you were looking forward to just not happen!

But most importantly, GET WELL SOON, Eddie!!! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    Good Luck Ed. I'm sure it was a tough decision to do this. Hope to see on the road...
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    Get well Ed,

I am more upset that i did not get IBTL on sawyers thread, that shit was gold Jerry, pure gold! :lol:

everyone else, please take a chill and November will be here before y'all know it.
    Reasoned response. I like it.
    As you said, it ain't the end of the world. If the airline and hotel won't refund... take the trip anyway, right? It was going to be a vacation... take the vacation, enjoy the destination.
    There's bigger things we have to worry about in this life. Missing an Eddie Vedder gig ain't one of them.
    Get well soon, Eddie. Go to Hawaii and show up unannounced at some cheesy tourist karaoke bar near Waikiki... by the Rainbow food place... and sing some bullshit Lady Gaga songs for the heck of it. You know... do some dumb shit like that. It always works for me.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Cosmo wrote:
    Go to Hawaii and show up unannounced at some cheesy tourist karaoke bar near Waikiki... by the Rainbow food place... and sing some bullshit Lady Gaga songs for the heck of it. You know... do some dumb shit like that. It always works for me.

Wang Chung's on Koa has about 2 dozen PJ songs, he wouldn't even need backup :lol:
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat