Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Oh my heart aches for Eddie, I had no idea he was going through this.
    My back injury left me with a drop foot for months, once the inflamation subsided
    it disappeared. It took time, for me bed rest.

Praying for a speedy recovery and lots of loving thoughts sent
    to a most wonderful gifted man.

One never knows how good they have it until they are injured ...
    it is humbling and brings renewed appreciation for life and those who love you
    and make your days brighter through the gloom.
    He is surrounded in love! :D
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Back injury gives me shivers....

Eddie, speedy and full recovery...
    Accept - and recover. It takes time and patience.
    All the best.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    Well there goes my graduation trip :cry:
    Get well soon eddie
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    I am so sad! For Ed, for us, for all the plans - but mostly because we can't see the rescheduled date...
    Moving to Portland with no idea what life will be like in Nov.

I wish Ed a very, very speedy recovery - see ya again sometime soon ( I hope)
    Hugs
  • Options
    holy schmolesky! such frustrating news. I'm sad to have to wait so long to see eddie but definitely want him to be able to recover. well wishes all around! now i'm faced with evil temptation. my schedule would only let me go to the austin shows in april; with the dates moved to nov-dec, i have to grapple with deciding whether to get tix to other shows!
  • Options
    darrin58darrin58 Posts: 88
    My heart goes out to Eddie. Hope he gets well soon. Will he be coming back to New Orleans? Will they honor my jazzfest ticket?
    (1996) 9.28 (1998) 8.25 9.10 (2000) 8.3 9.1 9.2 (2001) 10.22 (2003) 4.28 5.3 7.1 7.5 7.6 7.8 7.9 7.12 7.14 (2004) 10.1 (2005) 9.16 9.30 10.1 10.3 (2006) 5.9 5.10 5.12 5.24 5.25 5.27 5.28 6.1 6.3 7.9 7.10 (2008) 6.19 6.20 6.22 6.25 8.16 (2009) 6.12 6.14 8.21 10.27 10.28 10.30 (2010) 5.15 5.18 5.20 8.28 (2011) 7.1 (2012) 9.21 9.22 (2013) 10.18 10.19 10.29 10.30 (2014) 10.1 (2016) 4.26 8.20 8.22 (2018) 8.18 8.20 9.2 9.4
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Looks like I'm canceling 2 shows in Ft. Lauderdale. What a stinger.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Dang, get better Eddie. Sucks that I will be on the other side of the world during the rescheduled dates so I'm hoping Ticketmaster issues a refund.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    So guess this means no US tour anytime soon :(

Well hope he gets better real quick.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Get better soon Eddie!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Get well, Ed. We need those arms healthy to keep good music flowing for many more decades.

I can't wait for November! I just hope it's chilly enough for everyone to wear their favorite hoodie to the show. :lol:
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Wait, so the tour was announced about 2 months ago and he's been rehabbing for about 2 months? Math is not my strong suit, but can someone explain how that makes sense?

They know this is an artist that has an extremely large traveling fanbase, and now my rescheduled shows - which I'm already losing out on my flight for - are going to be the weekend leading into Thanksgiving. That theater is going to be empty now, how sad. I had an extra pair I just had to sell 20 rows from the stage and I got $20 less than face for them.

Add that to the fact that my friend and girlfriend who I coaxed into going with us just bought their flights YESTERDAY. UGH. 5 days before the tour we find out? I know shit happens...but this hurts, and certainly was something that could have been avoided in my opinion. No big surprise I guess...it's the new standard.

And now we can pretty much rule out a US Tour this year, which adds to the disappointment. A one-off at Alpine seems possible, but not more than that. I hope Ed gets better and better fast. The Euro Tour isn't far off either.
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Best wishes to you Eddie! Get well soon!
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Poor Ed, :( get well soon! :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Wait, so the tour was announced about 2 months ago and he's been rehabbing for about 2 months? Math is not my strong suit, but can someone explain how that makes sense?

They know this is an artist that has an extremely large traveling fanbase, and now my rescheduled shows - which I'm already losing out on my flight for - are going to be the weekend leading into Thanksgiving. That theater is going to be empty now, how sad. I had an extra pair I just had to sell 20 rows from the stage and I got $20 less than face for them.

Add that to the fact that my friend and girlfriend who I coaxed into going with us just bought their flights YESTERDAY. UGH. 5 days before the tour we find out? I know shit happens...but this hurts, and certainly was something that could have been avoided in my opinion. No big surprise I guess...it's the new standard.

And now we can pretty much rule out a US Tour this year, which adds to the disappointment. A one-off at Alpine seems possible, but not more than that. I hope Ed gets better and better fast. The Euro Tour isn't far off either.

You have very valid and strong points. I feel the same way except I truly believe deep down that EV tried his hardest to heal and not let it lead to this. I think its more or less one of those "damned if they do, damned if they don't" type of things. Imagine if a month ago, 10c came on here and said "there's a small chance EV shows are postponed". This place would have been bonkers and they would have been overwhelmed with questions etc. I do wish they gave us more information early but I truly believe they were waiting as long as they could to see if the show could still go on. This is very frustrating for everyone including myself, hotels, vendors, poster artists, merch guys, etc. We've been thru a lot with this band over the past 2+ decades and we will make it through this just like everything else. I cancelled my flight and now have to decide what to do with the rescheduled shows.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Rossum20 wrote:

Back injury is a very very unpredictable thing. Prognosis has no time limits, nerves come back
    when they come back. Having experienced this uncertainty and the scariness it brings
    all I have is great empathy and compassion for what he is living.
    Please understand what he is going through.
  • Options
    PJ FreakPJ Freak Posts: 75
    Get better soon Ed, hope it's not to painful

Slane 93

Dublin 96

Dublin 00

Hamilton 05

Dublin 06

Poland 07 London 07

West Palm Beach 08 Tampa 08

Berlin 09 Manchester 09 London 09

Dublin 10 Belfast 10

Manchester 12 1+2

Leeds 14 Milton Keynes14

EV Manchester 12

EV Dublin 17

Mirrorball Dublin 95

• Options
    cmmac80cmmac80 Posts: 75
    That's disappointing, I was so excited to see my first 2 Ed solo shows in Austin this month but shit happens...It won't kill me to have to wait a few months longer. Take care of yourself Eddie, that's the important thing!!
    I suggest you step out on your porch...
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited April 2012
    Knowing how painful and slow-to-heal nerve damage is (I had some severe damage in my right hand and it only healed about 75%), I hope Ed takes this time to seriously slow down and reevaluate the important things in his life. Taking time off of work is a start, and thinking about how he can prolong his health for the future is important. There's no need to be invincible to us, Eddie, we love you no matter how much time off you need. Take care of yourself, take it one day at a time and focus on getting better.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    That's a real shame for Eddie and for all the people with tickets :( .
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:

Back injury is a very very unpredictable thing. Prognosis has no time limits, nerves come back
    when they come back. Having experienced this uncertainty and the scariness it brings
    all I have is great empathy and compassion for what he is living.
    Please understand what he is going through.

I do. Now please understand I am a student who saved up awhile to make this trip happen and now I'm losing hundreds of dollars and can't make the rescheduled shows. ;)
  • Options
    wigoutdcpwigoutdcp Posts: 273
    well, im flying discount airline Alligent and since it is less then 72 hours i can not cancel my flight/hotel (they were booked together) to VEGA$ on sunday...i wish they would have told us a lit bit sooner...now i have no choice but go to vegas for 4 days or loss $500!!!!!! uggghhhhhhhh!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    ?? shows and counting....GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    How awful for Ed to have to cancel. He must feel terrible on top of the worry for his own well-being.
    As much as I yearn for any kind of tour to my area, I would rather wait it out & Ed make sure he is completely healthy & ready to give it his all, just like he always does. Here's to hoping he's fully recovered & takes Europe by storm!!
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    Rossum20 wrote:

You have very valid and strong points. I feel the same way except I truly believe deep down that EV tried his hardest to heal and not let it lead to this. I think its more or less one of those "damned if they do, damned if they don't" type of things. Imagine if a month ago, 10c came on here and said "there's a small chance EV shows are postponed". This place would have been bonkers and they would have been overwhelmed with questions etc. I do wish they gave us more information early but I truly believe they were waiting as long as they could to see if the show could still go on. This is very frustrating for everyone including myself, hotels, vendors, poster artists, merch guys, etc. We've been thru a lot with this band over the past 2+ decades and we will make it through this just like everything else. I cancelled my flight and now have to decide what to do with the rescheduled shows.

i just don't understand why they announced a Europe tour while he was still injured?
  • Options
    sparky_fry wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:

i just don't understand why they announced a Europe tour while he was still injured?

Maybe 10c found out about it 2 weeks ago :lol:
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Total bummer, dude. Getting old is a bitch, ain't it? It used to be I'd get aches and injuries from rolling down a mogol field or diving for a line drive or getting hard fouled driving the lane in or taking an endo off my skateboard. Now days... I get back aches because 'I slept weird'.
    I hope you get better.
    On a lighter note... I am going to miss your gig in Phoenix next week... but, it does free up those dates so i can catch Joseph Arthur and Petra's band, 'that Dog!' who will both be in L.A. that weekend.
    Again, get better soon... steer clear of the bullshit pain killers the doc is going to try to prescribe. That shit works, but it's like heroin to kick. Take care.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Poor Eddie. I hope he gets better soon.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I do. Now please understand I am a student who saved up awhile to make this trip happen and now I'm losing hundreds of dollars and can't make the rescheduled shows. ;)
    Tough break. I hope there's some way you can recoup some of your cash. Maybe you can change your hotel reservations and airfare.
    I hope you get a chance to catch Eddie's gig.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    Unfortunately, I've had to ask for a refund. As a school counselor, this Vegas show worked perfectly with spring break, but I can't take off a few days in the middle of the week near the beginning of the school year. My friend and I are still heading to Vegas, though, as this was my birthday present to myself. No way I'm going to pass it up!
  • Options
    GTF77GTF77 Nashville, TN Posts: 31
    I feel so bad for ED, I know he hates letting his fans down:( I'm not so much upset with the money I'm out on air line tickets, I should have made sure they were refundable. I'm more upset that I will not get to see the show at all since it is rescheduled on the weekend going into Thanksgiving...really can't be away from my family at that time...what a sad day it is:( No ED Vedder show for me and I'm sure many others and to hear that ED is injured.
    ]Given To Fly!