• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    2.48 in Austin texas
    jealous
    That's the Red State discount at play.
    No. It’s because of the proximity to refineries. 
    Has nothing to do with business and environmental policies favorable to the oil and gas industry I guess?  They just decided to base a significant portion of their business in Texas for no particular reason?
    Reason being proximity to oil and international ports. If you want to brag you get to save 60 cents while the environment takes an additional thrashing and your cities are designed so you’re required to drive a lot more, go for it. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    2.48 in Austin texas
    jealous
    Has nothing to do with business and environmental policies favorable to the oil and gas industry I guess?  They just decided to base a significant portion of their business in Texas for no particular reason?
    Reason being proximity to oil and international ports. If you want to brag you get to save 60 cents while the environment takes an additional thrashing and your cities are designed so you’re required to drive a lot more, go for it. 
    I really think you have a comprehension problem when it comes to reading my posts.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    2.48 in Austin texas
    jealous
    I really think you have a comprehension problem when it comes to reading my posts.
    Maybe you’re continually sarcastic. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    brianlux said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    $4.59 in Los Angeles.....California has the highest gas tax in the country!

Add to that one good factor- refineries in California produce gas that burns cleaner.  A third factor is the general higher cost of doing business in California (but I don't recall offhand why that is).
    Good point about the clean-burning fuel.

It is more costly to do business in California due to the higher tax rates!
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    2.48 in Austin texas
    jealous
    Maybe you’re continually sarcastic. 
    Bingo!  Sorry about that
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Still hovering around $3.65 here but drive an hour east (in the same fucking state) and it's 40 cents cheaper.  WTF?
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    $2.86 last I looked today (West Michigan)

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Saw it for $2.53 in SC
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Finally saw a couple stations dip below 3 bucks in my area, a pair of $2.99 and a $2.97.
    This weekend we rock Portland