Options

Children of the 70s and 80s

Comments

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    2rpd5wo.jpg

I used to drink gallons of that stuff when I was a kid. I miss it!

Also, long before the days of Wii and DDR, my friend who lived across the street had a Nintendo Power Pad, and I'd go to his house to play this game with him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzbQLRE3b4
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    iamica wrote:
    2rpd5wo.jpg

It mixed very well with vodka!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    I bet you no one can remember the name of this candy syrup...I can't. Ok do you remember this different flavoured syrup that came in these wax strawlike tubes. You would bite or clip off the top then sip out the syrup like drink. This I remember from 1971-1975 and those wax tubes were all over the streets of Boston...they made a mess of the streets in the summer.

What were they called?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    micro1.jpg

I wanted these so bad (yes, I made my dad proud)...but my mother said "girls don't play with boy's toys"

So I got a Barbie instead. THAT pissed her off even more. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    iamica wrote:
    2rpd5wo.jpg

Also, long before the days of Wii and DDR, my friend who lived across the street had a Nintendo Power Pad, and I'd go to his house to play this game with him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzbQLRE3b4
    my favorite drink ever!
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Any chance I had I was outside playing... I remember the rule was "once the street lights go on it's time to go in" but in the summer there was no rule... until you heard your mom screaming your name :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    kwdaley wrote:
    My dad bought one of these babies to record home movies onto VHS back in the day... Damn thing was so big and heavy, you almost needed a camera crew to lug it around (come to think about, that's what he used me and my brother for!)

jvcgrc1.jpg
    my dad carried a video camera that size that was attached to a VCR that he carried in a bag over his shoulder.... for YEARS!! no wonder he had back problems now.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Any chance I had I was outside playing... I remember the rule was "once the street lights go on it's time to go in" but in the summer there was no rule... until you heard your mom screaming your name :D
    that rule is pretty much universal, everyone i know had the same rule.

same as the summer. we used to play 'manhunt' at night. basically hide and go seek but in the dark and outside..
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    I bet you no one can remember the name of this candy syrup...I can't. Ok do you remember this different flavoured syrup that came in these wax strawlike tubes. You would bite or clip off the top then sip out the syrup like drink. This I remember from 1971-1975 and those wax tubes were all over the streets of Boston...they made a mess of the streets in the summer.

What were they called?

Peace

I took a moment and googled it...product_img_72_250x250.jpg

http://www.sweetmemoriescandystore.com/ ... p-bottles/

They also came in wax bottles and sticks...what would we do without the futuristic feature GOOGLE?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:

What were they called?

Peace

this?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnTO7UvuHs4wRQsT23rySUD3LMqrxST7OpvfbN7OoQ2zm2hFHJ
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    g under p wrote:

What were they called?

Peace

this?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnTO7UvuHs4wRQsT23rySUD3LMqrxST7OpvfbN7OoQ2zm2hFHJ

Yup that's it...first it was the plain sticks then they got fancy with popluarity and came out with the bottles. Thanks.

Peace

• Options
    bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    RKCNDY wrote:
    micro1.jpg

I wanted these so bad (yes, I made my dad proud)...but my mother said "girls don't play with boy's toys"

I still have micro machines! They were my youngest sons favorite toy!
    Remember Penny Racers?

V8lYd.jpg

Reading through this its amazing how many things I have shared with my kids....
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Micro Machines must have been the 80's kids. In the 70's we had Micronauts!

micronauts.gif
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    micro1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2egGfd5j_k
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    micro1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2egGfd5j_k

that guy is so awesome!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667
    Inappropriate image for an all ages forum removed by Admin.

Posting Guidelines

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91525
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,933
    Posting Guidelines:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91525

This thread has been cleaned up and re-opened. Now, lets get back to reminiscing...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    so...about those crazy 70's and 80's... :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Thank you Sea... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    whooo hoooo! :D
  • Options
    Thank you Sea... :)

:D:D
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    We now return you to our original scheduled programming...

I used to watch this everyday at the babysitter's house when I was in pre-school & kindergarten and also The Incredible Hulk tv show

adamwest.jpg
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Anybody else carry their star war guys in this? :D:D

darth%2Bvader%2Bcarry%2Bcase.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i still have mine and play it occasionally...almost wore it out as a kid

51BH9RG9A4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Lolek-si-bolek_656554.jpg

bolek & lolek
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thanks Sea!

I tried so hard to open mine...I wanted to know what was inside...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJiNTlxuLF0NU_IOvk_5BenfQ2pga012LxISDcbHoFjslVb60TUA

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Add a mustache to the man? Yes please! :lol::lol:

8a571c0b80b6b8e8.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Thanks Sea!

I tried so hard to open mine...I wanted to know what was inside...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJiNTlxuLF0NU_IOvk_5BenfQ2pga012LxISDcbHoFjslVb60TUA

They had an exhibit about these in our children's museum last year and they showed the inside of one, it was pretty cool! It looks like this:

etch7.jpg
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i wonder how long the beavers got?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg