Options

Children of the 70s and 80s

Comments

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    1969.jpg

Sadly, this represents the apex of my cooking career.

:lol:
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    We got to ride in the back of pick up trucks
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    This thread is SO GOOD!! I remember my mom taking us to the drive-in theatre all the time in our sweet station wagon:

1987ChevroletCelebrityStationWagon_m.jpg
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    I remeber thinking it was the coolest thing ever when we got a fifth TV station (including PBS).
    I remember having to sit in front of the tv and change the channels for my old man. That would be a real bitch nowadays
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I remember going to the Portville drive in movie theatre once a month in the summer as a kid. I saw Ghost Busters, Revenge of the Nerds, Aliens, Gremlins and a bunch of movies i can't remember.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    I remember my friends having this machine and having NO clue what it was...

Early%20VCR3.jpg

Beta :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    swatch-1980s.jpg

How many did you wear on your wrist??

no less than 3 for me... :lol:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    You are making me feel old :evil:
    You are making me feel old :evil:

we got that the first time.. :mrgreen:
    old people DO repeat themselves Dimi. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BD: DAMN IT !! WHERE'S MY PHONE!!! :lol::lol:

sorry buddy...couldn't resist!!
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    My favorite book as a kid!!

9780140503524.jpg
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    laserdisc_01.jpg
    My dad bought one of these things. It was like he had found a pot of gold...I remember watching Star Wars on it, the Popeye movie with Robin Williams and On Golden Pond :lol:
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    laserdisc_01.jpg
    My dad bought one of these things. It was like he had found a pot of gold...I remember watching Star Wars on it, the Popeye movie with Robin Williams and On Golden Pond :lol:

Hahaha, that is awesome, my friend had one of those.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I had a blast growing up !!!!

My heart aches for my 2 kids - Its so different now....

I wish my daughter would just pick up the phone and talk to her friends - drives me crazy.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rival. wrote:
    crossfire.jpg

easily had the most EPIC COMMERCIAL OF ALL TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

have you seen the *new* commercial?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkc2vYUEA9w
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Used to play the hell out of this as a kid.

pacman_coleco.jpg
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    My first computer:

atari400.jpg

8k ram, cartridge loader. I splurged and got the 410 cassette drive too:

Atari_410_s.jpg
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    DS1119 wrote:

pacman_coleco.jpg

Oh yes, me too! We also had the board game and my grandma's house

pacman-board.jpg
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I remember my friends having this machine and having NO clue what it was...

Early%20VCR3.jpg

Beta :lol:
    I know a couple of people who STILL have one. :wtf: :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I remeber thinking it was the coolest thing ever when we got a fifth TV station (including PBS).
    I remember having to sit in front of the tv and change the channels for my old man. That would be a real bitch nowadays
    I remember the excitement when our market went to five stations (including PBS) too.....I also remember the big deal being made when one of our local stations was the first to broadcast for 24 hours a day.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Ok Ok my very first car was a light blue 1974 Pinto you know the one where if it was hit in the rear it would blow up so they say. I bought it for $400 cash, the drivers seat eventually broke and i held it up with a milk crate. I got 3 of my best years out of Betsy while in college...she eventually died by the highway in Hampton VA i said goodbye and abandoned her. :(

I was king with car...you had a car in school you were bad to the bone with the ladies.

23841730006_medium.jpg

Just like this one^^^^^but with a lot more dents. :D No 8 track, no cassettes just a radio.

Peace

good grief! my first car was the red 1972 pinto that my dad let me have after he wore it out. I put in an awesome stereo, did all the repair work myself - even had to go to the junk yard to get a new fender to put on after a small accident. we called it the Otnip (pinto backwards).
    Also had a baby blue 1974 Pinto....I over-paid at $500....AM radio that didn't work......and it was the 1973 model that liked to blow-up
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Anyone ever have a 2XL robot? It was powered by an 8-track (the future is marvelous)

thumbnail.aspx?q=5026349170886573&id=82dbc98cd42ea5f048fd5ca41809fb43&index=newexp
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    youngster wrote:
    conman wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    never left the house without my ghostbusting gear! i think i even wore it to church one sunday.

tumblr_l93v5lfyxF1qb3mmfo1_400.jpg
    YES!!!! i had that too

Oh man. I have a photo of me from Halloween of '88 rockin that. I used to wear it before and after halloween too. I was 6 then and life was good.

my little brother had all that shit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    My dad bought one of these babies to record home movies onto VHS back in the day... Damn thing was so big and heavy, you almost needed a camera crew to lug it around (come to think about, that's what he used me and my brother for!)

jvcgrc1.jpg
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    2 words
    Acapulco :D Gold
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    DS1119 wrote:

pacman_coleco.jpg

we had the frogger one :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    we got this with our first nintendo system...

gyromoite.jpg
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    They announced this week that they will no longer be printing Encyclopedia Britannica, kinda reminded of this discussion. I was initially against digital books and such but not anymore. I use to like going to the library when I was younger and I guess the same could be said for malls, video, and record stores. But digital books are just so damn convienient that I can't resist. I suppose libraries and book stores are the next to go though I won't miss them as much as I do record stores.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    battan1120 wrote:
    2 words
    Acapulco :D Gold
    A couple more:

Panama Red
    Thai Stick
    #FHP
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    conman wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    never left the house without my ghostbusting gear! i think i even wore it to church one sunday.

tumblr_l93v5lfyxF1qb3mmfo1_400.jpg
    YES!!!! i had that too
    +1 and the jumpsuit

Can't believe not gamer has mentioned these, you all fail

1464192-blades_of_steel_large.jpeg

tbcover.jpg
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    My brother had this game when we were kids:

operation_game.jpg

As the story goes ( I was too young to remember)...My brother and Dad were playing and I asked if I could play. They told me no because I was too little ( I was around 3 1/2-4 at the time). My solution was if I can't play...then no one plays and I promptly bit off the nose (which of course is a light bulb). :shock:

I always wanted the game as I got older. My mom wouldn't get it for me because of the "nose incident"...I was probably 11 or 12 before she finally got it for me :? :lol: