Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2012 EUROPE/ UK SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    eladder wrote:
    To people crying please take a moment and think how ridiculous that is. Eddie toured a bunch in the US solo this past summer. THEN, Pj had an awesome anniversary fest that was not long ago. THEN, they toured canada. They also released an incredible movie. THEN, eddie did bridge school. Now, eddie is about to embark on more solo dates in the us. THEN, an incredible pj europe tour followed by more eddie solo shows in europe. Id bet there will be a new pj album sometime this fall and a US tour to follow that. And maybe some random us dates even sooner. Like, cmon. I also want to add that eddies solo shows dont get their due either. I personally find his shows to be as special as pj shows in many ways. Stop the nonsense.

:clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Why's everyone saying "Yay for European fans"?

It's 5 shows in 3 countries, about as far west in Europe as you can go, over a week and a half - hardly what I would call a "European tour"! It's kind of like saying "Yay for U.S. fans" when a show at MSG is scheduled, like people from L.A. can hop in their car and drive right over! :roll:
    its 1st time and its better than nothing... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234

Manchester was $156 - so about £99. It will be very similar to that.

:o Holy Shit Amsterdam is incredibly expensive!!! 215 euros for a pair!? Surely that's an error.

London is $172 so £110.... Eek. wishing I'd charged my sister for her PJ Manchester ticket instead of giving it to her as a christmas present.... maybe she'll remember my birthdays comin up. & as someone said before, if the tickets are integrated with public sale tickets why not just wait and be able to choose them...eitherway, off to sell everything i own on ebay ...
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    philthehip wrote:
    Wow nice prices for a solo tour. Paying more for Eddie than PJ.

I have to stick to what I believe and what EV once did and not pay over the odds for a ticket.

Such a pity when a guy does a 360 on his values.

You mean 180? 360 would be full circle, right back to where you started, right? ;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    eladder wrote:
    To people crying please take a moment and think how ridiculous that is. Eddie toured a bunch in the US solo this past summer. THEN, Pj had an awesome anniversary fest that was not long ago. THEN, they toured canada. They also released an incredible movie. THEN, eddie did bridge school. Now, eddie is about to embark on more solo dates in the us. THEN, an incredible pj europe tour followed by more eddie solo shows in europe. Id bet there will be a new pj album sometime this fall and a US tour to follow that. And maybe some random us dates even sooner. Like, cmon. I also want to add that eddies solo shows dont get their due either. I personally find his shows to be as special as pj shows in many ways. Stop the nonsense.

:clap::clap::clap:
    Oh &This !!!
    :clap::clap::clap: :wave: :clap:
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam in Amsterdam were priced 60.50 Euros per ticket so Eddie solo is almost doubled :shock:

Thank god I live in England :lol:
  • Options
    It looks like Eddie loves Amsterdam and so do I.
    I can't wait for the 4 shows.
    City of sin, come on and let me in :D
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,867
    He could charge double and I'd still go.....

im not rich, but i realise this will be very special to me indeed
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

It's 5 shows in 3 countries, about as far west in Europe as you can go, over a week and a half - hardly what I would call a "European tour"! It's kind of like saying "Yay for U.S. fans" when a show at MSG is scheduled, like people from L.A. can hop in their car and drive right over! :roll:

Oh, I'm sorry, we're only allowed to be happy for them if they get shows in EVERY major city. :roll:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    philthehip wrote:

I have to stick to what I believe and what EV once did and not pay over the odds for a ticket.

I would assume you mean 180.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Have fun in Europe everyone! Wish it was a US tour, but I'll have to wait. With all of us here stateside. :cry:
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Hi!!! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE! iVE BEEN TRYING TO ENTER THE 10C DRAWING BUT BY THE END IT ONLY SHOWS ME THE BUTTON: PAY NOW. HOW DO I DO TO AUTHORIZE IT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY?? :o THANKS !!!
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    He could charge double and I'd still go.....

im not rich, but i realise this will be very special to me indeed
    yep,you are right Paul..i would pay more if i want to go..but Amsterdam seems strangely expensive...
    must be the venue,or something..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Because it's a first and an EV solo show is amazing!! They at least get a chance at getting tix. Unfortunately these annoucements can't always satisfy all the fans out there. :(
  • Options
    MissJam81 wrote:
    Hi!!! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE! iVE BEEN TRYING TO ENTER THE 10C DRAWING BUT BY THE END IT ONLY SHOWS ME THE BUTTON: PAY NOW. HOW DO I DO TO AUTHORIZE IT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY?? :o THANKS !!!

click it and it just pre authorises payment
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    Let everyone bitch all they want on here but let's all agree to shut the fuck up at the shows and not ruin them like Eddies US shows
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    philthehip wrote:

You mean 180? 360 would be full circle, right back to where you started, right? ;)

Haha yes I think 180 is right!! I stand by it though. I guess we can all suffer from greed at times.
  • Options
    MissJam81 wrote:

I think thats what you are supposed to do. Your account will freeze the money but it will not charge you unless you win the lottery.
  • Options
    Neosurfer79Neosurfer79 Posts: 290
    MissJam81 wrote:

You have to authorize the pay in order to be part of the lottery, if you win, they charge your account when you win, if you don't win, they won't charge your account.
    Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11,2003, House Of Blues Orlando - Apr 12, 2003, St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003,Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004, Cruzan Amphitheatre - Jun 11, 2008, St. Pete Times, Forum - Jun 12, 2008, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• Options
    MissJam81 wrote:

I think thats what you are supposed to do. Your account will freeze the money but it will not charge you unless you win the lottery.
    this
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Congrats Europe/UK!!! Have a blast!!

They are definitely saving the USA for after the new album drops. That seems pretty obvious at this point.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Of course I was hoping for US info, but that'll come soon enough I'm sure. I definitely don't have that sense of entitlement that's getting everyone pissed about this...don't understand that. Super happy for all the European fans today!
    THIS :thumbup:
    I am genuinely happy for those who get to see Ed's first solo in Europe. And it's not like PJ will NEVER be back in the US. So I will wait my turn and be grateful for the chance when it comes.
    Cheers, Europe!
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    milan wrote:
    Let everyone bitch all they want on here but let's all agree to shut the fuck up at the shows and not ruin them like Eddies US shows
    :clap::clap:
  • Options
    philthehip wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Haha yes I think 180 is right!! I stand by it though. I guess we can all suffer from greed at times.

To be honest until you know whats involved and the logistics of such a tour, this is an incredibly presumptious and ignorant statement.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Congrats to the Europe/UK fans that can make it! I was sad it wasn't a PJ full US tour but I'm getting a bunch of Eddie shows here in Texas so I won't complain or think I've been screwed over by this. US tour announcement is coming next!
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    i must be dreaming
    god is comming
    set us on fire
    cast the desire...
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    pdalowsky wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

To be honest until you know whats involved and the logistics of such a tour, this is an incredibly presumptious and ignorant statement.[/quote]

I think its fair to presume that a solo show is going to cost less than a full scale band tour and I think its over priced. If his solo is costing more to put on than PJ he needs better people around him to organise his shows.
  • Options
    absolutely buzzing with the amount of love PJ/ed are showing to manchester this year

lovely.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Congrats to all the fans in Europe!!!

I'm kind of relieved that the tweet was for EV Europe shows...my wallet gets a little break!!!
    After buying tickets to 3 of Ed's solo shows here in the US...
    I need to save up some money for the next PJ Tour :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Just recently moved from Sydney to London. Looks like I picked the right time...

Yay for the European tour, and a BIG yay for an Eddie solo experience!!!

I'm in the draw for London!
    1995-Sydney, 1998-Sydney(x3), 2003-Sydney(x3), 2006-Sydney(x3), 2009-Seattle, Melbourne, Sydney, 2010-Berlin, 2011- Sydney(EVx2), Newcastle(EV)2012-Manchester, Amsterdam, Berlin(x2), London(EV), 2014-Berlin, Stockholm, Leuven, Milton Keynes, 2016-NYC