Official East Rutherford Setlist Thread

Comments

• Options
    slushslush Posts: 32
    Footsteps is one of my favs.
  • Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208
    Once
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Get ready for Inside Job next..
  • Options
    Niera wrote:
    Once

oh nice! Reverse mamason time again!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    I smell something , maybe reverse mamasan
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,830
    i used to play drums in a band that would cover these two together. the fun part being that i got to do the vocals on these two songs! (our main singer never had the motivation to learn the words to lukin). it was SUCH a blast and has totally given me such love for this combo of songs!

and by the way, you totally rock for saying U all the time, another one of my fav tunes.

dude, it would be AWESOME to do the vocals for Lukin'. i think i would get a rush from doing that song. so much anger and emotion in that shortened period of time. it's always a highlight for me when i see them...even the acoustic version from Benaroya kicked my a$$. very cool that U got to sing those two songs. both of them have always been two of my favs...and i love the Not For You that PJ did for Saturday Night Live. i have it taped and i still pull it out and watch it from time to time.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    RM says Ed mentioned a trilogy before this so...yup looks like reverse Mamason
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    once
  • Options
    Oh how I wish I could put the professional studio headphones on that we have here and listen to some Pearl Jam!! (Gotta be able to hear the monkeys...) So glad to be here sharing this with you all and just listening to the music in my head, though!

WISH I was right THERE on the floor with my friend who is relaying!!!!
  • Options
    A L I V E
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    dude, it would be AWESOME to do the vocals for Lukin'. i think i would get a rush from doing that song. so much anger and emotion in that shortened period of time. it's always a highlight for me when i see them...even the acoustic version from Benaroya kicked my a$$. very cool that U got to sing those two songs. both of them have always been two of my favs...and i love the Not For You that PJ did for Saturday Night Live. i have it taped and i still pull it out and watch it from time to time.

it was hell to learn every word to lukin and even MORE hell to try and play drums and scream the shit out of it...but so much fun (not to mention sort of an odd transition into not for you...for a hack drummer like myself), but such fun.

those are just two great ones, period.
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    Niera wrote:

WISH I was right THERE on the floor with my friend who is relaying!!!!

yeah, get your priorities straight. forget all of U...wish i was at the show. :D
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    Nothing like a trilogy.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    interesting set so far, eh?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Niera wrote:
    A L I V E

And the Trilogy is complete!! Sweet ass!!
  • Options
    how about some man trilogy as well!
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    Soooo... anyone want to volunteer to babysit my two ADORABLE boys so I can sell some blood plasma and buy a ticket for SATURDAY!????! :P
  • Options
    it was hell to learn every word to lukin and even MORE hell to try and play drums and scream the shit out of it...but so much fun (not to mention sort of an odd transition into not for you...for a hack drummer like myself), but such fun.

It's not difficult to learn the words to lukin , the song is only a little over a minute, playing drums thats another story
  • Options
    I smell encore break 2 coming soon
  • Options

dude, i didn't know that U had to play drums AND sing. i give U credit for even doing that. that WOULD BE hard as hell. as U know, Ed has trouble with easier songs...and they're his own. :D God, i wish i was in a band.
  • Options
    It's not difficult to learn the words to lukin , the song is only a little over a minute, playing drums thats another story

it was a little bit of a pain because he crams so many words in so little space. the drum part is simple...not losing your breath doing both at the same time...THAT is another story

• Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    dude, i didn't know that U had to play drums AND sing. i give U credit for even doing that. that WOULD BE hard as hell. as U know, Ed has trouble with easier songs...and they're his own. :D God, i wish i was in a band.

it was GREAT....though i must say i really wish i was in a band NOW myself.

• Options
    Sweet ass!!

THANKS! :p
  • Options
    By the way, insomniaisevil I would like to join the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club!
  • Options
    it was GREAT....though i must say i really wish i was in a band NOW myself.

dude, don't give up. there's a better one coming your way. keep at it...especially if U really LOVE it. :)
  • Options
    Niera wrote:
    By the way, insomniaisevil I would like to join the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club!

ME TOO! I LOOOOOVE EVACUATION...AND I LOOOOOVE RIOT ACT! sorry, mom, but the Riot Act haters can suck it. :eek:

:D
  • Options
    Niera wrote:
    you are IN! feel free to add to your signature if you'd like!

i am feeling the PJ love tonight, which is great...it's been a bad week, so thanks everyone!

• Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    I'm predicting "Thumbing My Way" !
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    ottonyp wrote:
    I'm predicting "Thumbing My Way" !

Nope... second encore will be ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKING
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    ME TOO! I LOOOOOVE EVACUATION...AND I LOOOOOVE RIOT ACT! sorry, mom, but the Riot Act haters can suck it. :eek:

:D

as stated...WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

evacuation is one of my favorite PJ songs, period and MUST be played live.

to my ears...riot act is their 2nd best album behind vitalogy. i know i catch hell for saying that, but everyone is entitled to their own OPINION right??