IVF Journey 2: Negative....again. :(

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    eMMI wrote:
    desismileys_1340.gif Stick, stick, stick! desismileys_1340.gif

I love your smilies! :lol:

Thanks everyone!! Guaranteed to get such great vibes when I read this thread. :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Stick blastocysts, stick!! Excellent news Ziggy!! Still keeping those positive (and sticky? ;) ) thoughts coming your way!!!
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Okay blastocysts, hold on tight!! Continued positive vibes sent your way. Congratulations!
    ELITIST FUK
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Thats so amazing - thanks for sharing the beginning stages of life.... now lets stick !!!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    congrats again Zig!

Sending happy sticky vibes to you!

(no! not in *that* dirty way either! :lol: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Awww Zig......so very happy for you.

GOOD THOUGHTS TO YOU AND YOUR ZIGGLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~>>>
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    those embryos better stick the landing!! :thumbup: 8-)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Love the photos, wow, they're incredible. Yay for the ziglets.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    That's so exciting with the photos!! Sending sticking vibes over!
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    NICE!!!!!! :D And yes, they are adorable :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Sus you didn't mention any theme music, so I've found a song for you. And look, the song was released the year you were born!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deFb7nhISQI

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    any update? hope things are happening in ya.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hi there!! :D

I have to wait 2 weeks until Monday, 6th when I have a pregnancy blood test. Nearly half way...

No symptoms yet. It'd be hard for me to tell anyway because I still take hormones twice a day (vaginally....yay!! :lol: ) and they mimic pregnancy symptoms.

I'm currently sitting on the couch eating chicken salt out of the jar. :mrgreen: Major salt cravings again. Damn hormones.

That's about it....just waiting....and waiting....and waiting.
    Oh forgot to mention that the third embryo which was still going strong with the other two the day prior to transfer died the day after transfer. So fragile. Zero embryos frozen again. Hopefully won't need to worry about that anyway. Come on!!!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm currently sitting on the couch eating chicken salt out of the jar.

:sick: chicken salt?? :?

still sending knocked up thoughts :D
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    norm wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm currently sitting on the couch eating chicken salt out of the jar.

:sick: chicken salt?? :?

:lol: I was wondering about that too when I read it! What is chicken salt? But if you enjoy it and it helps the blastos to stick - go ahead!! More good vibes sent, I hope you're feeling good :wave:

Edit: I just googled it... Are you eating that with a spoon? :lol: I never was pregnant, but I love the stories about the cravings! My best friend couldn't stand the taste of my toothpaste when she visited me while being pregnant. She said: "Don't ask, I just can't use it." :lol: Another friend went from being a lifelong vegetarian to eating ghoulash every day. She hated herself for doing so, but she couldn't help it! And my mom said she craved sour stuff like crazy. She would go to the veggie store, have bottles filled with the juice of sauerkraut and took the first sip right there :fp: :lol:
    :lol::lol:

You guys don't have chicken salt?! Missing out!! Haha It's just a flavoured salt. Sooo yummy.

No not with a spoon. I was sticking my finger in and licking it but then sprinkled a heap on a plate and ate it on my wet finger. :lol: I need to stop. It's not good for the bloating. I'd be better off drinking a sports drink full of electrolytes. I'm loving vinegar again too.

I don't think I've ever had sauerkraut. Actually I'm not really sure what it even is now that I think of it.

I hope I don't get the desire to eat dirt when I'm pregnant. That's quite common. Ewww!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    edited July 2012
    ZiggyStar wrote:

You guys don't have chicken salt?! Missing out!! Haha It's just a flavoured salt. Sooo yummy.

No not with a spoon. I was sticking my finger in and licking it but then sprinkled a heap on a plate and ate it on my wet finger. :lol: I need to stop. It's not good for the bloating. I'd be better off drinking a sports drink full of electrolytes. I'm loving vinegar again too.

I don't think I've ever had sauerkraut. Actually I'm not really sure what it even is now that I think of it.

I hope I don't get the desire to eat dirt when I'm pregnant. That's quite common. Ewww!
    sauerkraut is pickled cabbage. very good imo. has a nice tartness to it.

If you want a nice introduction to it, try it on a Rueben sandwich. Which is thinly shaved corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese with either russian dressing or 1000 island dressing on rye. Its built then grilled. Awesome stuff.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Well, if you love vinegar, you would totally love sauerkraut, too! But it has rocket-fast effects on your digestion :P :lol: Dirt - hmmm... Healing earth pills could be the equivalent in the more civilised world :lol: Go and have whatever your cravings tell you - I believe that in this state, your body tells you what it needs and you should follow it. And again, good vibes!
    What do you normally eat it with? Do people put it on hotdogs?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

eating salt huh? i'm sure your heart is loving that! :P

oh and sauerkraut is nasty :sick:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    some do. works better with a german suasage like a brat or something like that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Well, if you love vinegar, you would totally love sauerkraut, too! But it has rocket-fast effects on your digestion :P :lol: Dirt - hmmm... Healing earth pills could be the equivalent in the more civilised world :lol: Go and have whatever your cravings tell you - I believe that in this state, your body tells you what it needs and you should follow it. And again, good vibes!

Mmmmm vinegar....I need to find me some of this sauerkraut.

Yeah the dirt thing is weird!!! It's called 'pica'. I've read some crazy pica stories on forums.

Pica is the term used to describe the intense craving for – and eating of – non-food items, such as soil, clay, laundry starch, ice, ashes, plaster, paint chips, and coffee grounds. Pica (which comes from the Latin word for magpie, a bird known for eating almost anything) is a worldwide phenomenon and seems to be more common during pregnancy.

No one knows what causes these unusual cravings, but a combination of biochemical, psychological, and cultural factors may be at work. In some studies, pica has been linked to iron deficiency ­– even though none of the craved items contain a significant amount of iron. There is some research suggesting that iron-deficiency anemia is associated with a craving for ice, and that treating the anemia can lessen ice consumption.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    some do. works better with a german suasage like a brat or something like that.

Knowing me right now, I'll be eating it off a spoon. :lol: I'm full on salivating right now just thinking of it....and I've never tasted it. :lol: I had the urge to take a quick swig of my balsamic vinegar bottle yesterday but I refrained. Lol.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Well, normally you eat it with potatoes and mustard and a good piece of smoked pork chop, like this, minus the mashed potatos: BadischesSchaufele-01.jpg You can put it on a hot dog as well. I love it in pickled-fish sandwiches, and also put it into potato soup.

I like it best cold and raw right out of the paper package at the market. It is full of vitamin c and even just the smell makes at least me drool, well, and it's a really good remedy if you suffer from constipation ...

I'm craving sauerkraut now! For the taste, not the effects :lol:
    norm wrote:
    eating salt huh? i'm sure your heart is loving that! :P

oh and sauerkraut is nasty :sick:

I know it's bad....but the cravings stopped last time once I stopped the hormones twice a day. I'm a little scared though now of potential pregnancy cravings. Haha. These hormone cravings are intense!!

Bad for heart and makes me retain fluid which isn't good when already bloated. Had my final injection on Friday and Saturday morning I was really puffed up in the belly....probably half a dress size bigger. The 6 teaspoons of chicken salt right before bed probably didn't help. :lol:
    Well, normally you eat it with potatoes and mustard and a good piece of smoked pork chop, like this, minus the mashed potatos: BadischesSchaufele-01.jpg You can put it on a hot dog as well. I love it in pickled-fish sandwiches, and also put it into potato soup.

I like it best cold and raw right out of the paper package at the market. It is full of vitamin c and even just the smell makes at least me drool, well, and it's a really good remedy if you suffer from constipation ...

Mmmmm....I want some. Do most people buy it fresh or in a jar? I just looked up a photo, saw a jar of homemade stuff with heaps of liquid in it and had an urge to lift the jar and drink the vinegary juice.

This is fucked up!! :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Mmmmm....I want some. Do most people buy it fresh or in a jar? I just looked up a photo, saw a jar of homemade stuff with heaps of liquid in it and had an urge to lift the jar and drink the vinegary juice.

This is fucked up!! :lol:
    It is never really "fresh". It is white cabbage that is shreddered and layered in a big jar with layers of salt. The salt starts the fermentation process that makes it more soft and also sour. You can get it freshly made at the market, or in jars or also in cans. It is great cold and fresh, but most yummy also when it's hot and a little sweetened ... I'm majorly salivating here right now, and I don't have any in the house :lol: There is also an Asian version, it's called Kimchi. I never had it, but I want to try it badly.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    It's so amazing to see the photos!

Hope all is well and they're hanging on in there x
  • Nothing but positive thoughts/ vibes being sent your way!!!

Let the countdown to the 6th begin!!
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011