Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    I'm reading about it afterwards but did anyone watch the Giants game where the ref gave the wideout a thumbs up and then threw the flag on him?
  • Options
    I'm reading about it afterwards but did anyone watch the Giants game where the ref gave the wideout a thumbs up and then threw the flag on him?
    Not only that, the ref was waiting for the snap to immediately throw the flag. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196

yes but he is still not close to the line.  He does tell him to move up but I don't see a thumbs up from the ref. 

there was a brutal pass interference in the end zone not called against the Giants.  Maybe Goodall's revenge against pos owner.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    pjhawks said:

there was a brutal pass interference in the end zone not called against the Giants.  Maybe Goodall's revenge against pos owner.
    That's where the Commies have a legit gripe. That was blatant.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    pjhawks said:
    Patriots holy fuck wtf 
    That was the biggest mess up I can recall.  Wild.
    Yes it was

I remember this one.(I still laugh when I see this)

https://youtu.be/q7-komLkBsI
  • Options
    RIP Franco Harris.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Poncier said:
    RIP Franco Harris.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    RIP Franco Harris.
    Fucking crazy.  Ed talking about Franco Harris at the 2013 Pittsburgh show is still one of my favorite concert/Pittsburgh moments.  Crazy timing too: 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception is Friday, and the Steelers are retiring his number Saturday against the Raiders.  RIP to a legend. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    RIP Franco Harris.
    Fucking crazy.  Ed talking about Franco Harris at the 2013 Pittsburgh show is still one of my favorite concert/Pittsburgh moments.  Crazy timing too: 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception is Friday, and the Steelers are retiring his number Saturday against the Raiders.  RIP to a legend. 
    Yeah the timing is unbelievable.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,779

Steelers Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris dies at 72
    By WILL GRAVES
    3 mins ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Franco Harris, the Hall of Fame running back whose heads-up thinking authored “The Immaculate Reception,” considered the most iconic play in NFL history, has died. He was 72.

Harris' son Dok told The Associated Press his father died overnight. No cause of death was given.

His death comes two days before the 50th anniversary of the play that provided the jolt that helped transform the Steelers from also-rans into the NFL's elite and three days before Pittsburgh is scheduled to retire his No. 32 during a ceremony at halftime of its game against the Las Vegas Raiders.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    RIP Franco Harris.
    Yeah the timing is unbelievable.
    It sure is...great player

I was/am a Bengals fan and Franco was my mortal enemy as a kid because Pittsburgh and Cincy were such huge rivals.

Swann/Stallworth/Bradshaw/Harris/Mean Joe Greene....great team
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Colts are benching Ryan (again) for Foles now. Should be an interesting MNF game.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Those Steelers teams from the 70's were primo. 
    Better than the 70-90s Cowboys, almost as good as the 49ers/Patriots. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited December 2022
    Colts are benching Ryan (again) for SUPER BOWL 52 MVP Foles now. Should be an interesting MNF game.
    fixed
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    Colts are benching Ryan (again) for Foles now. Should be an interesting MNF game.
    Working in Indiana, I am around a lot of Colts fans that have little to no faith that the current "brain trust" will ever get this team headed in the correct direction again. They want a total reboot, owner included, even though that won't happen.  
  • Options
    Working in Indiana, I am around a lot of Colts fans that have little to no faith that the current "brain trust" will ever get this team headed in the correct direction again. They want a total reboot, owner included, even though that won't happen.  
    Honestly this smells like an Irsay decision. Ryan got blamed and replaced and they continued to lose so Reich got sacked. Then Ryan comes back and they lose so it's his fault again. Ryan didn't allow the Vikings to score 39 points in the second half the last game and he sure as hell didn't allow the Cowboys to score 54 or whatever it was.

They definitely seem to need a new GM and obviously a coach.

• Options
    It's looking like the NFL Sunday Ticket is moving from Direct TV to YouTube TV next year. THANK YOU GOD. I've wanted Sunday Ticket forever but never wanted to get Direct TV. Always just watched illegal streams of my team. But those can be hit or miss. It would be great on YouTube TV because that's a great live streaming service. Unlike Amazon Prime which blows for Thursday Night Football. 

Google Favorite to Land NFL Sunday Ticket in $2.5 Billion Deal, per Report - Sports Illustrated
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Why is YouTube TV any better than Amazon Prime?
    I am totally fine with the streaming of games.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I have to say that I miss not being able to rewind live TV on shows I watch that aren't on DirecTV

I never would have guessed how much I actually use it.

• Options
    You don't have to switch streaming services to change the channel, for one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You're kind of stuck watching just the game. With YouTube TV you can flip between channels like cable. I also just like YouTube TV and use it as my cable provider so I'd prefer it go there than to some other streamer I don't use. 

And the Amazon Prime stream gets pretty pixelated and almost unwatchable sometimes when I try to watch it in my bedroom, which is further away from the wireless router than my living room TV. It looks awful. I'd blame my internet connection or router, but YouTube TV works perfectly in my bedroom. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Will be my last year with direct tv

but I’ve never paid for Sunday ticket, not once… just always said I’d quit if I didn’t get it for Free

plus they throw in some other rebates 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Got it, thanks guys.
    I generally keep the channel set and don't surf....unless there is another event on.  If that is the case I'm cool putting one on laptop and one on screen, but I get the complaint.
    Also, my Prime works very well all around the house.
  • Options
    Got it, thanks guys.
    I generally keep the channel set and don't surf....unless there is another event on.  If that is the case I'm cool putting one on laptop and one on screen, but I get the complaint.
    You love commercials, huh? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    CROJAM95 said:
    Will be my last year with direct tv

but I’ve never paid for Sunday ticket, not once… just always said I’d quit if I didn’t get it for Free

plus they throw in some other rebates 

Me too.  DTV is ridiculously expensive, but I've only kept it for the Ticket.  I shall be canceling as soon as its finished and moving to YouTube.  

I agree with others, Amazon streaming sucks.  Sucks bad. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    edited December 2022
    Fantasy football

who do I flex?
    garrett Wilson vs jags, weather will be shit ( rain n wind) Zach Wilson playing 🤦‍♂️

Latavious Murray vs Rams

im leaning Murray… but I also have Kenneth Walker who might not play

shitty thing is Wilson plays Thursday, prob won’t know about Walker til Saturday… if he’s a no go, I’d slot Murray in his place & flex Wilson

also Philly guys…. Goedert gonna play Sunday? He was playing so well prior to injury

Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    CROJAM95 said:
    Fantasy football

who do I flex?
    garrett Wilson vs jags, weather will be shit ( rain n wind) Zach Wilson playing 🤦‍♂️

Latavious Murray vs Rams

im leaning Murray… but I also have Kenneth Walker who might not play

shitty thing is Wilson plays Thursday, prob won’t know about Walker til Saturday… if he’s a no go, I’d slot Murray in his place & flex Wilson

also Philly guys…. Goedert gonna play Sunday? He was playing so well prior to injury

Garrett is feast or famine.  It's a pain.  But the Jags d is kind of a sieve. I have to choose between Olave and Wilson myself. 

I'd be careful with Eagles.  They are acting like Hurts may play,  but 24 hours ago,  it was a two game injury.  I don't know how you risk it when you have a two game lead for the bye.
  • Options
    Goedert should be playing....Saturday, not Sunday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Got it, thanks guys.
    You love commercials, huh? 
    Ha.  Nope.  However I can't just sit there....I'm almost always multitasking in some way.  Reading, texting, playing guitar, walking around the room doing something else, etc....I'm fine with breaks to do other stuff.